Time to Make Changes (Part II) All Coach, GM, Player change discussions go here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Ok, don't kill me for saying this everybody, it's purely conversational :laugh: What are everyone's thoughts on Ovechkin? He may be available and it may be cheaper than expected given his contract cost and length. However, he is clearly not happy right now in Washington and they don't seem happy with him. I'm not saying they move him but if he starts to become a problem in the locker room, their hand may be forced. Would you take Ovechkin? If so, why and if not, why not?

Washington's not trading him. Obviously it would cost Larsson + 2015 1st +, but I don't see any scenario in which Washington moves him.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
if they decide to trade ovechkin, they will get much better offers than anything we could put together. it would take probably two of our young d-men (one of those being larsson) + henrique/zajac + high picks + another roster player. no way it would be worth it.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
For some reason I have a feeling Lou will try to trade for Phaneuf. I know Lou has a boner for him and apparently Toronto doesn't want him there anymore. He's been a failure as captain and he seems to be in way over his head. He needs a change of scenery, preferably to a non-Canadian market. He's got a huge contract and thus his trade value would probably be cheap.

This seems like a vintage left-field Lamoriello move. Lou tried to trade for him years ago and both teams need a shakeup. Don't know what we'd give up, but I suspect one of the young defenseman would be heading back.

Big PP

Jan 19, 2014
If we can get Ovechkin, that would be one hell of a move. Unlike others, im not worried about Ovechkin's defensive game. If he can be motivated to play defense, im sure he would. We turned Kovy's two way game from below avg to above avg so im sure we can change Ovy. That being said, i really dont see us getting him. Its just a dream. But id be willing to go:

Henrique, Larsson, Gelinas, 2015 1st and 2014 2nd.

Probably would be a good deal. We would have to dump one of Ryder/Brunner for sure though. Ovy's my fav player in the league so id pay alot for him.

Big PP

Jan 19, 2014
I dont like the idea of Kadri for Larsson. Id just rather keep Larsson if that was the best deal. Id trade Larsson for someone like Coyle, Hertl, Toffoli, Etem etc... guys with more size and potential then kadri.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
If we can get Ovechkin, that would be one hell of a move. Unlike others, im not worried about Ovechkin's defensive game. If he can be motivated to play defense, im sure he would. We turned Kovy's two way game from below avg to above avg so im sure we can change Ovy. That being said, i really dont see us getting him. Its just a dream. But id be willing to go:

Henrique, Larsson, Gelinas, 2015 1st and 2014 2nd.

Probably would be a good deal. We would have to dump one of Ryder/Brunner for sure though. Ovy's my fav player in the league so id pay alot for him.

dude we aren't getting Ovechkin lol

its not even worth discussing.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
I would be extremely curious to see, what kind of a line-up would Jim make. Dont know, if you have posted your suggestions earlier. What would you acquire and who would you let go.

Big PP

Jan 19, 2014
We turned Kovalchuk into an above average 2-way player? Oh my.

Well i guess it depends what you consider above avg two way game. And the point of my post was that if we can make kovy play defense then we can make ovy play defense aswell.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
For some reason I have a feeling Lou will try to trade for Phaneuf. I know Lou has a boner for him and apparently Toronto doesn't want him there anymore. He's been a failure as captain and he seems to be in way over his head. He needs a change of scenery, preferably to a non-Canadian market. He's got a huge contract and thus his trade value would probably be cheap.

This seems like a vintage left-field Lamoriello move. Lou tried to trade for him years ago and both teams need a shakeup. Don't know what we'd give up, but I suspect one of the young defenseman would be heading back.

That contract is god awful, i want absolutely no part of Phaneuf unless they are literally giving him away or retaining significant salary (at least 2m).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad