Time to Make Changes (Part II) All Coach, GM, Player change discussions go here

Status
Not open for further replies.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
How about we keep larsson and just sign a forward that takes no assets that can put up 50 points.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
there are barely any forwards worth a damn in FA this year. (EDIT: that would come here). I would love to pick up Kadri if he was floated. ill miss Larsson like hell but I think id do it, just so he can go play somewhere

I actually think the Devils might look into trading our 2nd now we have 30 back. but we have done good in the 2nd recently.

Last edited:

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
shouldn't we see Adams contract before we go dealing him for a potential head case?

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
I think Adam is as frustrated with the organization and the org is with him. Its become a chicken and the egg scenario..with the tenor of his comments and Pete back think it would benefit both if we moved him for a forward.

NC107*

I think Adam is as frustrated with the organization and the org is with him. Its become a chicken and the egg scenario..with the tenor of his comments and Pete back think it would benefit both if we moved him for a forward.

I think you are on the mark, DeBoer with Lou's assistance has destroyed Tedenby, Larrson and Josefson. Free them of this salvery, trade them, let them try to be successful elsewhere. This is a human rights issue, want to discuss that?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Why is everyone so in love with Kandri. I just don't see it. He may have skill, however, he's small and not a high hockey IQ.

He's a young, talented forward and we kinda need that. You aren't getting a top-line center with no faults for Larsson.

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
I think you are on the mark, DeBoer with Lou's assistance has destroyed Tedenby, Larrson and Josefson. Free them of this salvery, trade them, let them try to be successful elsewhere. This is a human rights issue, want to discuss that?

I think there is a HUGE difference....Teddy is an AHL+ player at best, JJ also. I dont think they will have anything but limited success in any organization. Larsson is different. I do not see the talent others do but I think he can be very successful in the right system. We are not the right system. people blame Pete but I think its a 50/50 thing. Adam has not shown the consistency and the org has not shown the patience. They are of equal blame

NC107*

I think there is a HUGE difference....Teddy is an AHL+ player at best, JJ also. I dont think they will have anything but limited success in any organization. Larsson is different. I do not see the talent others do but I think he can be very successful in the right system. We are not the right system. people blame Pete but I think its a 50/50 thing. Adam has not shown the consistency and the org has not shown the patience. They are of equal blame

High picks by our scouts. we screwed them with DeBoer's system and his favoritism.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
why? they are basically the same age and Eberle has almost doubled his point totals.

That tends to happen when you've played nearly 100 more games.

Eberle is soft, one dimensional, a black hole defensively, and is a pure point compiler. He's the guy that shows up, gets his points, and goes home. He'd be a terrible fit in a grinding possession system. Kadri is a much more dynamic puck distributor, he makes the guys around him better. He's much more feisty and at least tries at defense. He's relied upon to carry a line, while Eberle is merely a passenger. Eberle has been paired with Hall and RNH, while Kadri has been stuck with Clarkson and Raymond.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
That tends to happen when you've played nearly 100 more games.

Eberle is soft, one dimensional, a black hole defensively, and is a pure point compiler. He's the guy that shows up, gets his points, and goes home. He'd be a terrible fit in a grinding possession system. Kadri is a much more dynamic puck distributor, he makes the guys around him better. He's much more feisty and at least tries at defense. He's relied upon to carry a line, while Eberle is merely a passenger. Eberle has been paired with Hall and RNH, while Kadri has been stuck with Clarkson and Raymond.

a one dimensional pure point compiler is EXACTLY what this team needs nowadays.....

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
a one dimensional pure point compiler is EXACTLY what this team needs nowadays.....

as much as I love Eberle, im worried he would pull a Ryder here. I dunno. its unlikely we go for him anyway. Kadri is a maybe if Pete talks him up. Kadri has spoken well of Pete so

DevilsFanInFla

Feb 28, 2014
Ok, don't kill me for saying this everybody, it's purely conversational :laugh: What are everyone's thoughts on Ovechkin? He may be available and it may be cheaper than expected given his contract cost and length. However, he is clearly not happy right now in Washington and they don't seem happy with him. I'm not saying they move him but if he starts to become a problem in the locker room, their hand may be forced. Would you take Ovechkin? If so, why and if not, why not?

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
To get the best out of Ovechkin you have to be willing to let him be Ovechkin. And there's no way we would let him do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad