Time to Make Changes (Part II) All Coach, GM, Player change discussions go here

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I wouldn't go for a full tank but I'd be willing to take one step back to take two steps forward.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Grabovski is a center... so is Gagner. That's going to be another team that just won't score.

Gagner played Wing this year (Right Wing with Hall and RNH) and Grabo has played wing before as well.

They probably do struggle to score. Hopefully Adam takes a step forward. And we get a 30-35 goal scorer. And then Gagner and Grabo can pitch in 35 between the two.

It's not as dire and better than this mess.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
I will be very, very surprised if Greene leaves for another team. He loves it here and (i hate using this expression) is a prototypical Devil and possibly our next captain.

We got the best years out of Greene I think. Maybe he levels off and gives this type of production for 1-2 more years but I see a decline coming quickly. With a young D core that will require a load of minute...I trade him. For the highest potential forward return possible.

I don't think that's a slight to Greene either. He's a great D, very underrated. Sell him to a believer and make the believer hand out his next contract.

Lou got a heck of a steal. Undrafted guy playing top pairing minutes for, contextually, peanuts. Cash in. Trade him. Get us, at the minimum, a 2nd line forward and a first. If you can steal a high potential, underperformer like Yakupov you do that as well. Sell high.

NC107*

The biggest change the devils need is to have Lou retire effective end of this season.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils 15s
Steve Bernier and Damien Brunner join the group on ice with assistant coaches Scott Stevens, Mike Foligno, Chris Terreri. No Pete DeBoer.

Wanna give us some good news today Lou?!

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
We got the best years out of Greene I think. Maybe he levels off and gives this type of production for 1-2 more years but I see a decline coming quickly. With a young D core that will require a load of minute...I trade him. For the highest potential forward return possible.

I don't think that's a slight to Greene either. He's a great D, very underrated. Sell him to a believer and make the believer hand out his next contract.

Lou got a heck of a steal. Undrafted guy playing top pairing minutes for, contextually, peanuts. Cash in. Trade him. Get us, at the minimum, a 2nd line forward and a first. If you can steal a high potential, underperformer like Yakupov you do that as well. Sell high.

Count me in on selling high on Greene. Or at least I am open to the possibility.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils 15s
Steve Bernier and Damien Brunner join the group on ice with assistant coaches Scott Stevens, Mike Foligno, Chris Terreri. No Pete DeBoer.

Wanna give us some good news today Lou?!

Chere gives false hope all the time. Pete is probably in the bathroom. But Chere feeds the masses with this.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
I'm looking at EDM and Tampa for a young forward.

I'd take the struggling Gagner and the struggling Connolly in a nanosecond.

And I think they could be had for cheap. Edmonton wants toughness? Send them Clowe and a pick for the difference in the contract length. Tampa might part with Connolly for a pick as well.

Acquire a ton of picks dealing our misfits and go from there.

If Lou loses Zidlicky and Fayne for nothing I'm going to lose my mind. He should have traded both of them.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils 13s
Pete DeBoer will have his usual morning gathering with the media shortly.

"I've been fired. I am heading to Arby's for a post firing meal of shame."

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
Here is the problem with everyone's GMing. Who is the last big free agent that has signed here from somewhere else? No One. Why would Stastny or Vanek ever come here, they aren't so every single line up with them in is is silly. Only way to improve the team is thru trading our D depth. Kane for whomever the Jets like the best out of our young D.

Pay Andy Greene one dollar over the contract Girardi just got so he can say he makes more.

Offer Cory a 7/42.1m contract. I think he has proven he can be a solid #1 guy. If he says yes you under no circumstance resign Marty. If he says no you move him to a team that is close and needs a G..

Remember Sal only has one more year..I do not think they are going to buy him out. they may with Volch which would be the way to go.

The 4th line needs to be revamped...Matteau getting 11min a night on it would not be the worst thing.

Resign Jags Fayne and Zid

I'd keep Brunner and move Ryder for a bag of pucks and Zubie for sticks.

and if we keep Pete the one guy that fits his system real well would be Callahan. I do not think the market is going to be huge for him. He is a bit redundant with Zajac but think he would thrive here

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Nope. Marty being here = Cory not signing long term. I firmly believe that. For two reasons:

(1) This organization has a hard-on for it's legend. Will cave every time he throws a public tantrum. Especially if Pete is here, Marty is going to start far more games than he should be starting.

(2) Because of 1, Cory will probably be pissed off to the point of no return.

Heck I was one of the people stating everyone was overreacting about Cory leaving in the beginning of the year. But watching the way Pete has straight caved to Marty has been hilarious. I won't turn this into Cory/Marty. Has nothing to do with performance or who is better whatever. Just Cory will always be second fiddle while Marty is here so I don't re-sign Marty.

I honestly think Lou's the bigger problem as far as deferring to Marty. Pete did play Cory like nine in a row at one point.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
I agree. Both caved. One temper tantrum is all it took. This organization needs to say bye to Marty. Someone needs to tell him he's not coming back next year and then just say goodbye to the guy at the end of this year. Nice ceremony. Bells and whistles.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
A couple months ago and I would have thought this was crazy.

But I'm agreeing with 99% of it. I'm just sure I'm ready to give Lou his walking papers just yet, but damn does he have to be close at this point.

Yea, I've given Lou the benefit of the doubt more times than not recently, but I'm done with him. They need to go in a completely different direction from what there doing. The current philosophy is a total mess and obviously isn't working. They are so ripe for an organizational house cleaning, it's not even funny. Lou, Conte, Pete, and Stevens all need to be sent packing. Bring in some new blood with different ideas and philosophies to get this organization out of the abyss, that it's heading to.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I agree. Both caved. One temper tantrum is all it took. This organization needs to say bye to Marty. Someone needs to tell him he's not coming back next year and then just say goodbye to the guy at the end of this year. Nice ceremony. Bells and whistles.
Agreed. He can't be here next year. It will suck to see him wear another uniform, but he isn't good enough to play nearly as many games as he played this year. I personally think he's done, but he obviously doesn't. Let him embarrass the **** out of himself in another city next year.

Khione

Swede or Turnip?
Jul 24, 2013
Duna
I think a keypoint to keep Jagr is Zidlicky. They are buddies. The three Czeczs we will see, next season.

CKPLAYA

Ping Pong Ball Enthusiast
Nov 24, 2009
Parts Unknown
Other thread got closed and since our season is all but over I figured I would make another thread.

I have posted this before, but here is what I do this summer.

- extend Schneider (6 years, $40 million)
- extend Greene (same contract Girardi just got)
- sign Stastny (6 years, $42 million)
- sign M. Raymond (3 years, $10.5 million)
- re-sign Jagr (1 year, $4.5 million)
- re-sign Fayne (4 years, $12 million)
- re-sign Carter (2 years, $1.8 million)
- re-sign Larsson (2 years, $2 million)
- re-sign Gelinas (3 years, $3 million)
- re-sign Josefson (1 year $0.8 million)
- re-sign Kinkaid (2 years, $1.3 million)
- amnesty Bryce Salvador (saves $3.167 million)
- let Gionta walk
- let Bernier walk
- let Zidlicky walk (or trade THIS year at the deadline)

results in:

uxUDIR0.png

You can't be serious about greene and Fayne. You want to give greene 33 mil and fayne 12mil? 45 mil for the two of them. No way those deals ever get done. As for schneider, let him go. He's not shown he is worth $42mil. Off this season he's not earned a 6th year nor has he earned $6mil per. I would say 5 for 27.5 at best. If he doesn't like it let him walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad