Time to bring back the "Flying Skate"?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Not a big fan of what we have now, but we've had it long enough to build an identity with it. Keep it. Still voted yes to the poll.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
The skate is for nostalgic purposes only-- otherwise it'd be the ugliest jersey in the league. That logo looks like a cornball Nintendo game logo from the 90s.

The Stick N Rink is straight up perfect. Would be one of the nicest in the league.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I wish they'd never gonna away from the stick and rink, but see no way we go back to them.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
The skate is for nostalgic purposes only-- otherwise it'd be the ugliest jersey in the league. That logo looks like a cornball Nintendo game logo from the 90s.

The Stick N Rink is straight up perfect. Would be one of the nicest in the league.

That's what I like about it lol.

Really stoked to see Miller's setup, it looks like it's going to be stellar.

The badass black with yellow/orange highlight goalie gear of Hirsch and McLean were part of what made me want to become a goalie as a kid. I'm sad the all white pad is the de rigeur in the NHL right now.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
I'm still the only weirdo that likes the Vancouver Millionaire jersey best of all.

Mar0113_JerseyHanging2_b_slide.jpg

Rometiklan

Mar 7, 2009
I'm still the only weirdo that likes the Vancouver Millionaire jersey best of all.

Mar0113_JerseyHanging2_b_slide.jpg

Nah, not weird at all. One of my favourites, probably second only to the classic stick in rink. Burgundy is seriously an underrated and underused colour scheme. It is really distinctive and is quite bold.

As for the skate logo, bring it back for special occasions, like when they honour a former Canuck who was from that era.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
I'd be ok with adopting the 40 anniversary stick and rink as our 1st and using the flying skate as our third. However, I really dislike the current jersey's. They just are so dull and blah. They look like we are trying to be the seahawks or something.

Stick and rink ain't bad though

KurtenbachSedin.jpg

I think, regardless of logo, the blue and green bands should be the way they are on this jersey for the white jersey, and a variant that works for the blue jersey. And the V on the sleeves.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Nah. I say make the 3rd jerseys the primaries. They could work on building their identity by going to their roots and staying there, like the Sabres did when they went back to their original jerseys.

I think they might be doing that too, since they seem to be wearing the thirds more often than usual this season.

JA

Nah. I say make the 3rd jerseys the primaries. They could work on building their identity by going to their roots and staying there, like the Sabres did when they went back to their original jerseys.

I think they might be doing that too, since they seem to be wearing the thirds more often than usual this season.

The logo on the current alternate sweater needs its colors to be inverted. There's no contrast between the logo and the sweater when everything is blue.

dec0610_06nazzy12_b_slide.jpg

On the dark uniforms: blue stick, white rink.

On the white uniforms: white stick, blue rink.

2003_vintage_linden-576x336.jpg

The skate sweaters (white/black) need to be brought back, though, at the very least as full-time alternates.

Last edited by a moderator:

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
The Orca is meh but the "Vancouver" letters are so ugly :cry:

Flying skate ftw

josquin

Feb 2, 2012
1. Bring back the flying skate because people are nostalgic for it
2a. People who grew up with the flying skate get old/irrelevant/die/switch teams after decades of losing
2b. People who grew up with the orca make-up the majority of the fanbase
3. Go back to the orca because people are nostalgic for it

Sounds like a plan.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
should be stick n rink and nothing else.

Ditch the orca. Fin can still stick around.

nostalgia aside, i'd much rather continue to build the current colours instead of switching once again.

3rd jersey could be primary green instead. I like what the comets did.

else

the white stick n rink jerseys without the nameplate which happens to be my favourite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad