Time to bring back the "Flying Skate"?

discordant concord

Jan 13, 2010
Temples of Syrinx
As a city Vancouver is changing rapidly. However, unfortunately, we are forgetting are past. From the 60s-90s we were thought of as a kind of rough, rugged and wild Pac-NW.

Red, yellow and black contrast nicely to our natural surroundings.

CZlPJKwUsAAtkhm.jpg

Remember these beautiful trains and buses:

SkytrainExpoLine-SH.jpg

0590-801vancouver3409.jpg

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Nope. How about the team just starts to build some identity instead rather than constantly changing it.

discordant concord

Jan 13, 2010
Temples of Syrinx
get rid of the orca. it's garbage.

and bring these as 3rd.

I'd be ok with adopting the 40 anniversary stick and rink as our 1st and using the flying skate as our third. However, I really dislike the current jersey's. They just are so dull and blah. They look like we are trying to be the seahawks or something.

Stick and rink ain't bad though

KurtenbachSedin.jpg

Last edited:

discordant concord

Jan 13, 2010
Temples of Syrinx
I'm okay going back to an old logo, either stick-in-rink or spaghetti plate. Just no new logo.

How about both?

Some would say it's kind of odd to have colours that contrast so much, but I think it would work. Our city is modern, clean and beautiful. However, it also has its rough spots and industry. The green and blue represent the natural environment, while the orange and red represent the built environment.

In 2017 I think they are adopting new adidas jerseys league wide. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
We had a huge jersey debate last year or so

Orca is very marketable and isn't that bad
See no reason to get rid of it
I find the stick and rink as the perfect patch, but I wouldn't be opposed to it being split like how it is now

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
Nah. We've finally had the same colors for almost a decade....stick with em. THAT being said...I am all for having throwback jerseys throughout the year. NFL does it. NBA does it. Just have a few throwbacks throughout the season. Fans will like it.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
the modern version of the stick-in-rink logo with the horizontal stripes on the jersey/pants is the best design the organization has come up with

if they want to start using the waffle logo, then switch to the stick-in-rink as a primary logo and ditch the corporate orca which still gives me painful flashbacks of the messier-keenan-mccaw era when it was introduced as an extension of the orca bay brand

JagdFlanker

Mar 6, 2007
Toronto, ON
the only change we need is to get rid of that stupid 'Vancouver' wordmark over the orca. the Canucks are in Vancouver? really? when did they move there?

don't mind spaghetti skate per se, but it's still 3rd to the stick'n'rink and orca

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Nah. We've finally had the same colors for almost a decade....stick with em. THAT being said...I am all for having throwback jerseys throughout the year. NFL does it. NBA does it. Just have a few throwbacks throughout the season. Fans will like it.
That is how it should be done, rarity of use is a good way to make the old ones special and it sell tons more jerseys by getting people to double and triple up.

CP

Thou shalt not Tank
Mar 8, 2008
1. Stick and rink (<- added eye optional)
2. Spaghetti (original colours - looks weird in blue and green)
3. Burgundy Vs

Thrash the orca piece of crap.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
Why do Nucks fans like the 'stick in rink logo? It's lame and too simple. They just like whales logos? :) It looks like a cartoonish whale almost. :)

At least, the skate logo had something going on and fits in with the other Western Canadian teams'.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad