Pre-Game Talk: Time for the Oilers to get their crap back together

duul

Jun 21, 2010
First game I'll be able to watch since the opener.

McDavid 5 point night.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Canucks always worry me, especially on HNC. That being said their defense kind of sucks so if we get equal play from our goalie we should win.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
At least Rattie got shifts with mcdavid. Perlini just gets to skate around for 8 minutes with Turris.

but I hope Perlini gets some points for your hockey pool.
He looked great in Preseason. U never know , he might get some minutes in top 6. It should be noted I picked Yamamoto as well.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
I'll be in a plane so gonna miss this one entirely. Oddly enough I have a layover in Vancouver but will be gone before the game starts.

The complexity of the standing is going to change a lot for us if we lose. The Canucks seem to hang around like a bad smell any time we play them. They always keep the score really tight. Hopefully Demko struggles tonight and we whip their butts! SHOW THEM NO MERCY!

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Heading to the game tonight, any recommendations for pubs before game in Vancouver where Oiler fans may gather ??

Enjoy the game! I'm taking it in too.

Been awhile for pre-game drinking but here are a couple options: the Library Square Public House is a more chill old school pub which is pretty good: https://www.librarysquarepub.com . ; The Shark Club Sports Pub & Grill likely busy and high energy: Shark Club Sports Bar & Grill - Shark Club Vancouver ; there's a Boston Pizza right at BC Place ... but it's Boston Pizza.

Post game, lots of places in Yaletown and Granville Street which should be rocking with Halloween celebrations and lamenting a Canuckles loss (fingers crossed).

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
FC9iGvdWYAAOVGL

Reactions: Mr Positive

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Breaking down Kailer Yamamoto’s recent play

nice article on Yam and possibly putting Foegele on line 2 instead.

I'm sitll in the 'get him going' category. Keep him on Dry Line, hope he scores and gets rolling a little.

I cannot think of a single trade that we'd win if we trade him away. We are cap poor so we'd have to trade for another top 6 winger making 1.1 million... I don't know many not on an ELC.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Breaking down Kailer Yamamoto’s recent play

nice article on Yam and possibly putting Foegele on line 2 instead.

I'm sitll in the 'get him going' category. Keep him on Dry Line, hope he scores and gets rolling a little.

I cannot think of a single trade that we'd win if we trade him away. We are cap poor so we'd have to trade for another top 6 winger making 1.1 million... I don't know many not on an ELC.
The big thing with him is how he can barely even get a shot to the net. It's like he got weaker or can't get to spots to even get a shot on net. He needs to be shooting much more.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
The big thing with him is how he can barely even get a shot to the net. It's like he got weaker or can't get to spots to even get a shot on net. He needs to be shooting much more.
I can't figure it out... I'm a fan of him... I think he can be a nice complimentary top 6 player that gets around 40 to 50 points. However... This slump is dragging over 2 seasons now and it definitely isn't a lack of quality linemates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad