Pre-Game Talk: Time for the Oilers to get their crap back together

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
The Oilers tend to play kind of a sleepy game in Van no matter the performance of either of the teams.

Expecting a 3-2 or 4-3 type game so Koskinen better not soil the sheets again. I'd probably avoid starting him to be honest, Pettersson will be back on track picking off his short side glove hand all night.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Oilers looking up in the standings at the Flames.
When games played aren't even... points percentage is better:

upload_2021-10-29_13-40-45.png

Having said that.. there is no way I had Vegas and LA at the bottom and Calgary/San Jose in 2/3.

This is the first season I can remember where I don't feel we have any 'scheduled losses' so I say we win 5-4... outscore our problems, increase our league leading shots against and improving our goals for and PP all in the same game.

This is the Oil way

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009

View attachment 475166

Having said that.. there is no way I had Vegas and LA at the bottom and Calgary/San Jose in 2/3.

This is the first season I can remember where I don't feel we have any 'scheduled losses' so I say we win 5-4... outscore our problems, increase our league leading shots against and improving our goals for and PP all in the same game.

This is the Oil way

Who is starting in net? If it is Koskinen again, I think you may need to rethink your prediction. Having said that, who knows if we get the good Koskinen or the bad (4 goals on 4 shots bad).

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Who is starting in net? If it is Koskinen again, I think you may need to rethink your prediction. Having said that, who knows if we get the good Koskinen or the bad (4 goals on 4 shots bad).
Correct.. if it is Skinner we will win 5-3... Koski ... we win 5-4.lol

Reactions: ani

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Oh, and in all seriousness... I think Smith is starting. He's been in full practice today and Tipp loves him.

Reactions: nabob

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
oilers will cave the canucks faces in on saturday and hopefully its the vancouver lover announcers and they can grovel in a 7-1 beating

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Strange thread title. heh

The Oilers played far better in losing than either the Flames did in winning last night or the Nucks did in losing.

Gee, must be nice if you allow 45 sog in a game and a stupendous amount of wide open scoring chances and still get a shutout. Didn't see that coming..

The first period of the Nucks game last night was an indictment on that team. The ice was tilted. It was scoring chance after scoring chance for Philly, Nucks had only 4 shots and somehow scored a goal. It was the typical "this game is pissing me off" opponent game.

Reactions: brentashton and ani

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
So 4th line is changed to Benson Shore Turris

Thank you. Perlini has been crap

They could replace any other player not dressed in the organization in either of the LW or RW spots on the 4th line and the results would be identical regardless. It's a nothing line with no identity full of nothing players. Benson over Perlini isn't going to change that just the same as Sceviour over Turris would. Or McLeod over Shore. Other than McLeod or Shore, who have a case to actually be on an NHL 4th line, the remainder of the candidates are either not NHL players or Top6 players that aren't good enough to play there so they get dumped down the lineup.

I think Holloway will provide some pop on that line later in the season, but they need another acquisition at RW somewhere on the roster to either push 2nd or 3rd line player down a peg or find a dedicated 4th line player that actually belongs.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
So 4th line is changed to Benson Shore Turris

Thank you. Perlini has been crap

Perlini hasn't been crap, he's hardly been on the ice. Our 4th line doesn't have much on it, and Perlini is best as a trailer shooter who can score. He's not an end to end rush guy but he can finish some plays. For sure he's isn't going to get many saucers playing on that line, and he played 4mins against Philly.

Perlini showed up bigtime at camp and earned a spot on a club. Shore earned one as a walk on. Those guys may not be doing much on 4th line but last seen Yama isn't doing anything playing with two guys that piss points. Put Perlini up there and I bet he has 1-2 goals already.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Koskinen in net? Bahaha. I hope for a win and a good game from him, but I also love how Tippett has learned nothing.

Reactions: ani

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Perlini hasn't been crap, he's hardly been on the ice. Our 4th line doesn't have much on it, and Perlini is best as a trailer shooter who can score. He's not an end to end rush guy but he can finish some plays. For sure he's isn't going to get many saucers playing on that line, and he played 4mins against Philly.

Perlini showed up bigtime at camp and earned a spot on a club. Shore earned one as a walk on. Those guys may not be doing much on 4th line but last seen Yama isn't doing anything playing with two guys that piss points. Put Perlini up there and I bet he has 1-2 goals already.
I’m sorry man but all I see in him is Ty Rattie with better speed. Yamamoto actually wins board battles and can cycle with his line mates. His scoring needs to pick up big time though. I haven’t seen a decent cycle game from Perlini.

I feel like Benson showed more in the game he played for us

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
They could replace any other player not dressed in the organization in either of the LW or RW spots on the 4th line and the results would be identical regardless. It's a nothing line with no identity full of nothing players. Benson over Perlini isn't going to change that just the same as Sceviour over Turris would. Or McLeod over Shore. Other than McLeod or Shore, who have a case to actually be on an NHL 4th line, the remainder of the candidates are either not NHL players or Top6 players that aren't good enough to play there so they get dumped down the lineup.

I think Holloway will provide some pop on that line later in the season, but they need another acquisition at RW somewhere on the roster to either push 2nd or 3rd line player down a peg or find a dedicated 4th line player that actually belongs.
I thought Benson showed a bit more in the game he played

Reactions: nabob

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

View attachment 475166

This is the Oil way

Everything will balance out as the season goes on. Markstrom won’t be able to stand on his head for the entire season. There’s also no way that San Jose, Buffalo and Detroit finish near the tops of their divisions.

Reactions: TB12 and Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad