Pre-Game Talk: Time for the Oilers to get their crap back together

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
So according to Moneypuck, the oilers are:

4th: High Danger shots for (Better than those Juggernaut Flames)
7th: Tied with The Jaques Lemaire CGY Flames in least high danger shots allowed.

Not bad

Van is 17th high danger chances for and 26th for least allowed

That is ALL SITUATIONS

5 on 5:

15th: High Danger Shots for (Better than the Juggernaut Flames)
15th: Least High Danger Shots against (Better than the air tight D system Flames)

Van is 30 in high danger chances for and 31st in least chances allowed

ES Save %

CGY - 2nd at 95.38%
EDM - 21st at 91.62%
Van - 15th at 92.71%

Just some random numbers. We better play well against VAN. We *should* be getting a lot of scoring chances.

Last edited:

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
uh, nevermind...
C9UQaSW.gif
Serious question, what is the point being made?

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Anyone with Telus by any chance? I'm trying to PVR the game tomorrow but can't find it on the usual channels of all versions of sportsnet and TSN

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I'm not too worried. The Flyers are a great team, and the Oilers outplayed them. The lesson from last game was just to keep doing what they are doing

Reactions: Oilslick941611

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I keep hearing points will come. How many games are we giving him. He has 1 goal in 40 games playing 80% of his time with either McDavid or Draisaitl.
Yammo has been gifted lots of ice time the last 2 seasons with some pretty good players, he might have it, it might be time to start coming to terms with that.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I'm not too worried. The Flyers are a great team, and the Oilers outplayed them. The lesson from last game was just to keep doing what they are doing
It wasn’t just a moral victory “we outplayed them” it was we outplayed them and lost because we had a piece fabric with holes in it tied between the goalposts in net type game.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
It wasn’t just a moral victory “we outplayed them” it was we outplayed them and lost because we had a piece fabric with holes in it tied between the goalposts in net type game.
True, but the takeaway from that doesnt involve doing anything differently. It seems like Koskinen will just have decent stretches of play and also horrible stretches. There's no real gameplan for a bounce back there. Just play the same way. Maybe Koskinen has a good game. Maybe he doesn't. Either way just play like you did last game

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
True, but the takeaway from that doesnt involve doing anything differently. It seems like Koskinen will just have decent stretches of play and also horrible stretches. There's no real gameplan for a bounce back there. Just play the same way. Maybe Koskinen has a good game. Maybe he doesn't. Either way just play like you did last game
Truth, as far as the rest of team goes that’s the only way of going about it. The skaters can only there part and the goalie has to do his. Just pray the goalie does his part more often than not…:help:

Reactions: Mr Positive

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
When we play the canucks I still think its 2003 and they are one of best teams in the West. I always get nervous for these games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad