Pre-Game Talk: Time for the Oilers to get their crap back together

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

While I hate his contract and inconsistency. I do like the goalie in general. I'm glad he's getting the start. 2 good games and a stinker If he keeps that pattern up 2 good and 1 bad then we will be in good shape. So tonight will be good Koski!

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Hopefully our big net crashing guys like Hyman Foegele and Kassian can get in Demko's grill and mess with him. That might be the key to win tonight.

Love that line. Gotta break them on the PP/get PP time.

Was surprised by this on the Canuckles site. I don't put a lot of stock into Hits as a stat but surprised Canuckles show as this physically engaged.

"Despite falling 2-1 in regulation on Oct. 28 vs PHI, Vancouver registered a season-high 41 hits, which is the team's highest single-game total since Nov. 27/19 at PIT (45). According to NHL Stats, Vancouver's +28 hit differential (41-13=28) on Oct. 28 vs PHI is also the third-largest differential in team history (since being tracked), trailing only a +32 differential (53-21=32) on Dec. 29/99 vs PHI and a +29 differential (45-16=29) on Mar. 20/98 at OTT."

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Breaking down Kailer Yamamoto’s recent play

nice article on Yam and possibly putting Foegele on line 2 instead.

I'm sitll in the 'get him going' category. Keep him on Dry Line, hope he scores and gets rolling a little.

I cannot think of a single trade that we'd win if we trade him away. We are cap poor so we'd have to trade for another top 6 winger making 1.1 million... I don't know many not on an ELC.

Personally, I'd swap Kassian and Yama. Kassian gives the second line a big, heavy body for forechecking and boardwork while possessing some skill and already showing more engagement this year. I think Kassian gives that line a much better look than Yamamoto, while Yams can help on the third line without the pressure of producing with two stars. That way, we have the three net-crashers (Hyman, Kassian, Foegele) all on separate lines, meaning that three lines can generate offence and chaos.

Reactions: 94 Oil Drops

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019

While I hate his contract and inconsistency. I do like the goalie in general. I'm glad he's getting the start. 2 good games and a stinker If he keeps that pattern up 2 good and 1 bad then we will be in good shape. So tonight will be good Koski!

Yah that starts looking bad when the team in front of him starts having off nights as well. Then your looking at 2 losses per win. For the love of god they need to play Skinner and see what they have in him.

Reactions: Duke74

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Yah that starts looking bad when the team in front of him starts having off nights as well. Then your looking at 2 losses per win. For the love of god they need to play Skinner and see what they have in him.
I definitely want to see Skinner... I hope he gets several starts this season. I was fine with Koski tonight though.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Personally, I'd swap Kassian and Yama. Kassian gives the second line a big, heavy body for forechecking and boardwork while possessing some skill and already showing more engagement this year. I think Kassian gives that line a much better look than Yamamoto, while Yams can help on the third line without the pressure of producing with two stars. That way, we have the three net-crashers (Hyman, Kassian, Foegele) all on separate lines, meaning that three lines can generate offence and chaos.
It's good logic. It's possible it will happen too.

I don't really enjoy Kassian in Top 6 and have seen it enough. I love him on the third line with Ryan and Foegele (cap hit aside)... I hope he stays there and gets his 25 to 30 points. This is the first time in awhile where I see our third line as an absolute gem (mind you, they weren't that great last game but I think and hope it was an outlier)

Reactions: Duke74

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

The Sieve… my nickname for him :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad