Waived: Timashov on waivers || Claimed by Detroit

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007
Adieu Dmytro, I'll always remember that one shift in October against Boston where you hit 2 guys ... but thats it.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
wtf. why spend all this time developing him to give him away for free?

seriously, we couldn't even get a 7th rounder for him?

How about we trade away some of our abundance at forward for defense/goalies or at least picks/prospects?

That's my main objection with overstocking the organization with 5'8" to 5'11" skill wingers. Why are we putting so much energy into identifying the perfect third and fourth line skill guy when there are so many other underdeveloped positions in the organization?

Reactions: Leaf Lander

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
That's my main objection with overstocking the organization with 5'8" to 5'11" skill wingers. Why are we putting so much energy into identifying the perfect third and fourth line skill guy when there are so many other underdeveloped positions in the organization?

To be fair, i dont think he was necessarily drafted to be a 3/4th liner. They saw a guy who was a potential nhler

I dont think you can really target specific sorts of guys with picks 3-7, youve just got to look for some sort of indicator theyve got some sort of untapped talent that can get them to the big league

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Gauthier should be hitting every guy out there, every night. Makes me upset when I see guys like Scott Laughton and Sammy Blais do more with their body than a guy who is 6'5 240 lbs.

Maybe Gauthier is scared of heights...every time he looks down at his skates, he freezes up...:sarcasm:

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
To be fair, i dont think he was necessarily drafted to be a 3/4th liner. They saw a guy who was a potential nhler

I dont think you can really target specific sorts of guys with picks 3-7, youve just got to look for some sort of indicator theyve got some sort of untapped talent that can get them to the big league

When the organization was too busy drafting guys like Kenny Ryan and Jamie Devane over Tomas Tatar, we had a problem, so the pivot to skill picks isn't a problem but when you overstock the other way, it doesn't compliment the big team. For every Kucherov you have to go through a few Timashov's, but then the problem is your system is full of Timashov's instead of goalies with upside, centermen and two way defensemen. So looking for more balance in the future.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
I’m guessing we let him go because he had a bit of a mean streak. Can’t have that on a Kyle Dubas team; or players over 6 ft for that matter

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Hi, Red Wings fan here. Yzerman called Timashov 2 way player.Is this so?

Not sure about 2 way, that seems like really pushing it. Not really someone that will be known for his defensive play. He's not big but he's a built thick. He'll be able to get a lot more minutes on a bad Detroit team, so we'll see what he can provide in that kind of setting. He's always had consistency issues since his Junior days.

Timashov has good vision and he's solid around the offensive net. He's a perimeter player. Very likely to do decent on a PP.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGoldenJet

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I’m guessing we let him go because he had a bit of a mean streak. Can’t have that on a Kyle Dubas team; or players over 6 ft for that matter

Why are you lying to yourself? Did you black out and completely forget what has happened in the last 3 months?

Timashov threw one or two hits months ago and all of a sudden he has a "mean streak". Timashov is literally 5'10". Also completely forget who the Leafs just acquired last week to essentially replace Timashov. Good lord.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On

This whole Dubas only likes mall guys is such bs

upload_2020-2-25_10-11-47.png

upload_2020-2-25_10-16-11.png

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Why are you lying to yourself? Did you black out and completely forget what has happened in the last 3 months?

Timashov threw one or two hits months ago and all of a sudden he has a "mean streak". Timashov is literally 5'10". Also completely forget who the Leafs just acquired last week to essentially replace Timashov. Good lord.

And how long did it take him to add Clifford? He held out on acquiring a tougher player as long as he could despite it being an obvious need for years.

His vision of a hockey team never involved tough players. He thought he could slap a together a squad full of skill guys and run with it and now that it’s completely blown up in his face, he eventually begrudgingly acknowledged the need.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
And how long did it take him to add Clifford? He held out on acquiring a tougher player as long as he could despite it being an obvious need for years.

His vision of a hockey team never involved tough players. He thought he could slap a together a squad full of skill guys and run with it and now that it’s completely blown up in his face, he eventually begrudgingly acknowledged the need.

And what does this have to do with Timashov the 5'10" with "a mean streak"?

Reactions: Menzinger

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
And what does this have to do with Timashov the 5'10" with "a mean streak"?

I just remember him throwing some good hits and getting chippy with some guys. It surprised me enough to remember it as it seemed unusual for anyone on this loser team to have any pushback. Thought he had more to give especially as a fourth line guy. Guys that play with a chip on their shoulder always seem to have a short stay here under Dubas

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

This doesnt line up with how he ran the Marlies or even the Leafs. Back to back seaskns hes added gritty players via trade (Muzzin last year).

He just needs his grit to also be skilled in some ways. So a guy like say Marrin doesnt fit thag vision (nor Babcocks for that matter)

Reactions: kb and SAMCRO44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad