Waived: Timashov on waivers || Claimed by Detroit

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Hi, Red Wings fan here. Yzerman called Timashov 2 way player.Is this so?

He didn’t really come across as a two way player. Maybe he can be coached up and moulded into one. He’s like the typical skilled-ish guy that is perfect for a rebuilding team to take a flyer on.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
wtf. why spend all this time developing him to give him away for free?

seriously, we couldn't even get a 7th rounder for him?

How about we trade away some of our abundance at forward for defense/goalies or at least picks/prospects?
Exactly. Dumb Dubas for not trying to trade a guy who requested a trade months ago, and put him on waivers instead to taking the guaranteed pick.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
When the organization was too busy drafting guys like Kenny Ryan and Jamie Devane over Tomas Tatar, we had a problem, so the pivot to skill picks isn't a problem but when you overstock the other way, it doesn't compliment the big team. For every Kucherov you have to go through a few Timashov's, but then the problem is your system is full of Timashov's instead of goalies with upside, centermen and two way defensemen. So looking for more balance in the future.
Yes, they ignored players with upside in the late rounds. So many obvious picks.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I’m guessing we let him go because he had a bit of a mean streak. Can’t have that on a Kyle Dubas team; or players over 6 ft for that matter
I know right? I hope they can make Clifford smaller and weaker to make your incredibly insightful narrative fit.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
And how long did it take him to add Clifford? He held out on acquiring a tougher player as long as he could despite it being an obvious need for years.

His vision of a hockey team never involved tough players. He thought he could slap a together a squad full of skill guys and run with it and now that it’s completely blown up in his face, he eventually begrudgingly acknowledged the need.
Or, maybe.....like he has repeatedly said....all players have to be able to play hockey?

Nah.....you are right. He wants small and weak. It's all he wants.

Reactions: Primary Assist

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->