Player Discussion Tim Stützle - LW/C - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I am getting rather concerned with the lack of production, missed chances, and defensive woes. Some new linemates may be needed at this point.

What's his point target this year? 40?,50?
Not concerned with the results so long as the process is good, as the sample grows the results will align with the process.

As for targets, I'd like to see him got 50 to 60 pts this year. He's going to get prime PP time, and I like his chemistry with Batherson, so I hope we keep that line together when Tkachuk returns.

Reactions: Adrianopolous

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I love Timmy like I did Hossa!

They are two different players however.

I see Timmy as a pure goal scorer and needs time to figure out his game.

I see his skating, his vision, hockey IQ, playmaking, skating and elite skill.

Their are a few things he needs to work on however.

1. Physical play, he can't skate through people so he needs make sure he can play the game when it gets physical and not disappear.

2. Sometimes is looking for the perfect pass or that extra pass when he should shoot.

3. His Shot! This boy can do everything but his finish needs work! He zig and zag around everyone and skate circles and beat the goalies but his shot, accuracy and speed needs to improve if he wants to jump to the next level.

I understand he is young but keep this post in the back of your mind as you watch him this year. I seem him play and he should be scoring, is just that final touch he needs to work on to finish.
He did lead the Team in hits last night, notice he’s better on the back check

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Just a matter of time before some of these plays start going in. He has looked better every game, unreal on the PP. Oozing raw talent. Tbh it's his two linemates that I am more worried about right now.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
Not worried about Stützle or his linemates. They've all been creating chances. The more you create, the more likely you are to score. The sample is so small, bad luck skews the end result.

Stü has been really good to start the season and I'm getting more excited with every game.

Reactions: Sicko

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Just a matter of time before some of these plays start going in. He has looked better every game, unreal on the PP. Oozing raw talent. Tbh it's his two linemates that I am more worried about right now.
I've been happy with Batherson and I think Norris is moving in the right direction.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
He has looked better every game, unreal on the PP.

The PP is where I think he needs to improve the most.

His decision making hasn't been great and he has been over handling the puck IMO.

That said he will break out soon as he looks good all over the ice.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I've been happy with Batherson and I think Norris is moving in the right direction.
Batherson seems to carry some fans ire for some reason. I think he’s easily been our best player on the puck.
Norris I don’t think benefits as much from two skill guys as I and other thought he would? I think he leashes well with Brady’s straight ahead style.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Definitely avoided a serious injury last night... Same wrist as his previous surgery before making his NHL debut, I believe? Was terrified.
Yeah, I was worried to, probably just a bone bruise so it could still bug him for a while.

Still annoyed that it went uncalled.

Reactions: Cosmix

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Tbh I'm a bit surprised he got fined, I'd given him the benefit of the doubt that he was trying to come down on the stick and missed, can't remember anything similar ever getting a fine... Maybe Subban's tomahawk chop?

He might have hurt a potential star player.

If this had happened to a bottom 6 player, the League wouldn't have done anything.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
He’s played so well, point totals this early mean nothing. Tierney is third in the league in goals.

Tierney:

haters_Haters_Gonna_Hate-s526x350-62877-580.jpg

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I love Timmy like I did Hossa!

They are two different players however.

I see Timmy as a pure goal scorer and needs time to figure out his game.

I see his skating, his vision, hockey IQ, playmaking, skating and elite skill.

Their are a few things he needs to work on however.

1. Physical play, he can't skate through people so he needs make sure he can play the game when it gets physical and not disappear.

2. Sometimes is looking for the perfect pass or that extra pass when he should shoot.

3. His Shot! This boy can do everything but his finish needs work! He zig and zag around everyone and skate circles and beat the goalies but his shot, accuracy and speed needs to improve if he wants to jump to the next level.

I understand he is young but keep this post in the back of your mind as you watch him this year. I seem him play and he should be scoring, is just that final touch he needs to work on to finish.
I would add that Stutzle needs to learn when the simple play is the play to make. Some of the stuff you have success with at lower levels against less skilled opponents won't work in the NHL. I think this point is congruent with what you were talking about in your item #1.

So, he just needs to learn when to make those high percentage and sometimes more basic kind of plays. That comes with experience no doubt. I too get a little anxious waiting for this to occur, but I guess its primarily a question of patience.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Stützle is trending up to be a star player in the league. Franchise player potential. If all pans out, he would be the Ace of Spades in the Sens deck of cards.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
He's looked great at times already with less than 60 games under his belt. This kid should end up as 70-80 point player.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Yeah, I was worried to, probably just a bone bruise so it could still bug him for a while.

Still annoyed that it went uncalled.

I still do not understand how the refs managed to miss seeing this or chose to ignore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad