Player Discussion Tim Stützle - LW/C - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex The Loyal

Andlauer Appreciator
Dec 4, 2010
UK
I'd be doing backflips if we signed Stutzle long term for under 8 mil.
I just want him signed long term, money be damned I don't care. Assuming he meets his potential and becomes a stud of course

If, what likely appears to be happening with Brady, does indeed happen and it's a bridge deal then trade (yeah yeah I know we could extend again in theory or even get that long term deal with him) then uh, surely Stu is the one the ownership goes in for, right? They have to, surely? Even if it's 8x8 or more. For the sake of my sanity please. Someone tell me I'm right

Reactions: Wallet Inspector

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Without freaking question. You lockup Stutzle ASAP as soon as you can irregardless of anything.

Exactly, if you wait until Jimmy hits his prime, I fear he could command 10mil a year and cause the Senators a ton of problems. Sign Stutzle ASAP for a long long time.

Players I think are crucial to sign/lock in long-term:

- Tkachuk
- Stutzle
- Norris
- Pinto
- Formenton
- Sanderson

Already signed:

- Chabot
- Batherson

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
Don't know if this has been posted already but this was super fun to watch and revisit his top plays from last season.

Expecting more growing pains this year but so excited about the future with this kid.

Edit: Maybe an unpopular opinion but I prefer full-tape Stutzle to his usual tape job. I felt like his puck control was way better in that stretch where he had normal tape. There are so many near highlights from the rest of the season where the puck just bounced away from him.

Last edited:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

“I don’t want to put pressure on a young kid because I think the world of Timmy and his game, but what I see out there is a different, more confident, bigger, stronger kid that has a real ability to score goals,” Smith says. “I don’t want to put a number on him, then he feels he’s got to live up to that, but I certainly could see him scoring 25.”

200.gif

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Even so, why bother saying "I'm not going to put a number to it" then put a number to it?

Cause he’s a bit awkward man, and excited, it’s a dangerous combo.

Gotta find room in your heart for these loveable folk :)

Behind the scenes hockey guys, or guys behind the scenes in any work place, aren’t known for their charisma and public speaking prowess. Forgive, hug, high five.

Also, forgive me too for stereotyping…. Lol

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Even so, why bother saying "I'm not going to put a number to it" then put a number to it?
He didn't say that...he said, "I don't want to put a number on it" and then explained why and then said what he believes the kid is capable of.

Standard turn of phrase followed by a pretty standard comment about potential.

Reactions: Sweatred

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
He didn't say that...he said, "I don't want to put a number on it" and then explained why and then said what he believes the kid is capable of.

Standard turn of phrase followed by a pretty standard comment about potential.
Sure, I'll concede that point. You're right — my paraphrase wasn't accurate. But dissect the sentence a bit beyond face and you'll see why it's weird. "I don't want to put a number on him" implies that he doesn't want to set any expectations on Stutzle to meet. So what's the benefit of immediately stating a number that he's "capable of"? Does that not put exactly the kind of pressure on him in the media, as opposed to behind closed doors?

I dunno, I'm nitpicking today and I'm highly aware of it. :laugh:

Reactions: OD99

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Sure, I'll concede that point. You're right — my paraphrase wasn't accurate. But dissect the sentence a bit beyond face and you'll see why it's weird. "I don't want to put a number on him" implies that he doesn't want to set any expectations on Stutzle to meet. So what's the benefit of immediately stating a number that he's "capable of"? Does that not put exactly the kind of pressure on him in the media, as opposed to behind closed doors?

I dunno, I'm nitpicking today and I'm highly aware of it. :laugh:
I hear you but I don't think it is weird because you hear similar comments all the time.

Besides that offhand comment won't apply any more pressure then what Stüzle is going to put on himself...he probably thinks he can score 30 this year.

Let's hope that DJ is right regardless!

Reactions: YouGotAStuGoing

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
They are talking on the Habs boards that MB told someone that if he gets the chance he is going to offersheet Stutzle.

Reactions: JungleBeat

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
They are talking on the Habs boards that MB told someone that if he gets the chance he is going to offersheet Stutzle.

I don't think that's remotely close to being true ..... but imagine if a team succesfully offersheeted one of Tkachuk, Norris, Pinto, Stutzle, Sanderson and Melnyk wouldn't match because of bonus money or whatever reason.

We'd get offersheeted pretty much every time a good young player went to RFA and agents would know they could play us like that.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
On another note, I have a feeling Raymond will outplay Stutzle this year he looks real good and I love the way he's able to control the play. Hoping Stu will prove me wrong!

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
On another note, I have a feeling Raymond will outplay Stutzle this year he looks real good and I love the way he's able to control the play. Hoping Stu will prove me wrong!

Slow start for Jimmy in preseason … I hope he can be more then just a PP threat this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad