Prospect Info: Tim Stützle | 3rd OVR 2020 | C | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
When do we get to start drooling over nhl line combos? I personally didn't know Stutzle had the physical streak in him.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I am so happy we got Stuetzle for two reasons.

1. I think hes the outright better player than Byfield have thought so for over 12 months

2. This forum would be unbearable in here had we selected Byfield with how he only had 1 assist in that blowout and only 11 minutes of play.

Last edited:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Depending on which prospects pan out there will be a ton of players on the Sens to wear out the opposition. Like you said there is Stuetzle and Tkachuk, then Norris and Batherson, then Pinto and Formenton, then Greig and Sokolov. Just imagine the forecheck in the future. Actually imagine the forecheck this season. All of those players other than Greig could be playing in Ottawa by the end of the season and then we still have players like Paul and Watson and to a lesser extent Glachenyuk and Dadanov to wear out the opposition. It will be relentless.

Have you ordered the champagne? :)

Reactions: RAFI BOMB

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I think by the 22-23 season we have 4 players that are in the discussion as elite players.
Tkachuk
Stuetzle
Chabot
Sanderson

From there, we have a massive list of quality backing up the elite

Compare us to the 22-23 Leafs for example. I think we'll have the best 2 defenceman. I'll concede Matthews as the best forward but peg Stuetzle as the 2nd best.

Melnyk should not be saying things like FYOUS but this team is shaping up to be elite in a very short time frame

I won’t say “elite” at this time but the team has some very promising players in the 4 you identified (T, S, C & S) above. With some luck with the development of our other prospects, the team has a good chance to become a consistent playoff team after the next 2 or 3 seasons. I still think the team needs another top end draft pick which hopefully we can get at the next draft.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville

1. I think hes the outright better player than Byfield have thought so for over 12 months

2. This forum would be unbearable in here had we selected Byfield with how he only had 1 assist in that blowout and only 11 minutes of play.
I think we got lucky the Kings picked before we did. I'm pretty sure we would have picked Byfield as well, as he fits the profile Dorion likes. The Kings saved us from ourselves.

Reactions: HzH and derriko

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury

I was on the other side of the fence in the Byfield vs Stuetzle debate. And I had the absolute pleasure of seeing QB live over 30 times in the last two years, and dozens more on TV. Best Sudbury Wolf ever in terms of talent to come through here.

And yet Im ready to agree that Stuetzle is a better fit for the Senators, and that hes my preference at this point now. Hes clearly in a tier ahead of Byfield as of today, thats pretty clear I think. Although I do still believe that theres a long shot that Byfield does hit his maximum potential, and that his peak is second to none from his draft.

To your second point - I could not agree more with you on that Byfield would being causing a frenzy here right now.. and Im kind of glad Im not going to have to waste time and energy defending him.. Coming up slow and learning from a similar style player in Kopitar is a dream scenario for him right now versus being expected to become THE MAN for us sooner rather than later, and having the Ottawa fans and media collectively putting his young career and every step under the microscope.

Sens fans are an intelligent bunch dont get me wrong... But there is like an extra level of intolerance in Ottawa for creative players that dont look fully engaged. You all know what I mean. Its why Daniel Alfredsson might get a statue one day, and why some people would still boo Spezza and never appreciated how great he was. And it could be fair to say that Byfields play is closer to Spezza's than it is to Alfies at this current point in time.

But Stuetzle is already looking like the total package - like off the charts good in all the areas that Sens fans (and management) all seem to value first above all other traits - but hes also an offensive dynamo that is going to make everyone around him better. Blending in doesnt seem to be an option for him; hes got a special on ice presence that not many players have.

He seems like he'll thrive someday with the added pressure and responsibility that comes along with being depended on to lead a teams attack on a nightly basis, and will relish being that guy in the spotlight. Hes just wired that way; hes competing like he wants to be the best player every time he hits the ice, and hes just all battle all the time.

Stuetzle already somehow has the swagger and confidence to match his incredible skillset. And that above all else is probably the main difference between him and Byfield right now. Timmy is 100% ready for show time by the looks of it. And I cannot wait to see what happens next.

Last edited:

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
He's looking pretty impressive

Don't see any value in him returning to the DEL as some have suggested

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
That's been my thoughts as well. I think Stuetzle and Dadanov should be paired together.

Agreed - he’s past first and needs a target and someone who opposing defenders will need to cover to give him room.

I assume one of Tierney or Stepan will be used in a 3C roll, the other probably plays with TS. I guess GAL or Arti could play there too depending on training camp.

I can’t see White ever playing with TS.

Reactions: Cosmix

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
The physicality he has is on a different level than I was expecting, and it's beautiful to watch

This kid is a Stud

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
No disrespect to frank finnegan (actually a little bit of disrespect, he wasn’t even a ppg player a hundred years ago lol) but un-retire #8 for Stuetzle to wear asap

I agree with hanging them in the rafters for memories but not with retiring the numbers from use.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
He's having an amazing tournament so far...but let's not get carried away. I get the feeling he's a lot closer to a finished product than most kids at this tourney. That along with his physical maturity gives him a big edge against boys. The NHL isn't made of boys.

We still need to make sure we aren't throwing him to the wolves in the NHL and make sure we develop him properly and support him on his line.

Reactions: Icelevel
Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Agreed - he’s past first and needs a target and someone who opposing defenders will need to cover to give him room.

I assume one of Tierney or Stepan will be used in a 3C roll, the other probably plays with TS. I guess GAL or Arti could play there too depending on training camp.

I can’t see White ever playing with TS.

Why not? White worked out great with Stone, and why Timmy and Stone play different styles, they would both fulfill a similar function as a playmaking winger (at least while Tim starts out on the wing), if they played with White. Personally, I would love to try out a line of Stutzle-White-Dadanov, and see if we catch magic in a bottle.

Reactions: Matsens15

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Why not? White worked out great with Stone, and why Timmy and Stone play different styles, they would both fulfill a similar function as a playmaking winger (at least while Tim starts out on the wing), if they played with White. Personally, I would love to try out a line of Stutzle-White-Dadanov, and see if we catch magic in a bottle.

Mainly because White isn’t a great distributor and had a hard time carrying himself last year. If he is improved I’d be open to it but he can’t be a give away/turn machine who won’t take the puck away from anyway. TS will need support.

Reactions: Icelevel

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
It’s too early to know between byfield and stuztle

a guy like byfield I think will do much better in the nhl than in juniors

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
It’s too early to know between byfield and stuztle

a guy like byfield I think will do much better in the nhl than in juniors

Byfield was impressive vs the Russians and invisible vs the Germans... maybe he’s trending for a more physical game. Stutzle showed he can play a physical game too.

Reactions: HSF

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
He's having an amazing tournament so far...but let's not get carried away. I get the feeling he's a lot closer to a finished product than most kids at this tourney. That along with his physical maturity gives him a big edge against boys. The NHL isn't made of boys.

We still need to make sure we aren't throwing him to the wolves in the NHL and make sure we develop him properly and support him on his line.

Tim Stützle is the Wolf ;)

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Byfield was impressive vs the Russians and invisible vs the Germans... maybe he’s trending for a more physical game. Stutzle showed he can play a physical game too.

Early on I wanted Byfield simply because he is big and skilled and plays a physical game.

Now that I have seen Stuetzle play, the skill level is higher and he plays probably an even more physical game than Byfield.

L.A messed up at the draft.

Reactions: Crosside
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad