Prospect Info: Tim Stützle | 3rd OVR 2020 | C | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
Chabot was universally loved and was tournament MVP.
He was a year older though.
Yeah, was going to say Chabot. Also, Mark Stone had a lot of love after his WJC tourney, but probably not as much as Chabot/Stutzle.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
The best Stuetzle highlight for the WJC. It actually shows his Mark Stone-esque steals/defensive plays.

Must've been putting the kid to bed during that shift. I was very impressed by Timmy's physicality during the tournament. He's looking like the real deal.

Where's the guy that kept talking about how badly he's going to get pushed around in the NHL?

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
The best Stuetzle highlight for the WJC. It actually shows his Mark Stone-esque steals/defensive plays.

In a f***ing 7-1 game against the biggest bullies on the block.

Kid is a legend in the making. And its not his skills, skating, or the big hits that make me so sure of it either.

Its his A+++ attitude. His compete level is off the charts. He wants to be the best and is willing to put in the work to do it. He wants to make an impact every shift in any way that he can. This kind of drive is what separates the very best from the rest.

In every sport there are always plenty of mega talented stars that are held back by a lack of those traits above. Whether it be selfishness and/or a bad attitude, or a lack of drive and will to compete and be the best they can be. Or have a reliance on their natural talents to make up for not competing/training/practicing as hard as they should be.

Think of Kovalev, Iverson, Vick. Whatever. That is not ever going to be Tim Stuetzle, nor will it hold him back from reaching his true full potential. At least from all indications so far.

Last edited:

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
In a f***ing 7-1 game against the biggest bullies on the block.

Kid is a legend in the making. And its not his skills, skating, or the big hits that make me so sure of it either.

Its his A+++ attitude. His compete level is off the charts. He wants to be the best and is willing to put in the work to do it. He wants to make an impact every shift in any way that he can. This kind of drive is what separates the very best from the rest.

In every sport there are always plenty of mega talented stars that are held back by a lack of those traits above. Whether it be selfishness and/or a bad attitude, or a lack of drive and will to compete and be the best they can be. Or have a reliance on their natural talents to make up for not competing/training/practicing as hard as they should be.

Think of Kovalev, Iverson, Vick. Whatever. That is not ever going to be Tim Stuetzle, nor will it hold him back from reaching his true full potential. At least from all indications so far.

He is like Alexandre Daigle, except that he actually wants to be the best hockey player.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Yeah, was going to say Chabot. Also, Mark Stone had a lot of love after his WJC tourney, but probably not as much as Chabot/Stutzle.

Id rank it something like this for recent times;

Stuetzle (D+1 gets the edge)
Chabot
Tkachuk (D+1 gets the edge)
Stone
White
Pinto
Lazar :sarcasm:
Brannstrom
Sanderson
Batherson (feels nice having a guy with 7g/7gp this low on the list :naughty:)
Formenton
Paul

Probably missed a lot, but that sounds about right.

Last edited:

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Maybe in solo. It’s day off today. I have read Sunday his first practice with the team

Cool... PD should just give TS the keys to the building .... or turn on of those 100 level suites into his new dorm.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Id rank it something like this for recent times;

Stuetzle (D+1 gets the edge)
Chabot
Tkachuk (D+1 gets the edge)
Stone
White
Pinto
Lazar :sarcasm:
Brannstrom
Sanderson
Batherson (feels nice having a guy with 7g/7gp this low on the list :naughty:)
Formenton
Paul

Probably missed a lot, but that sounds about right.
You think stutz was better /more hype than chabots tourney? I don’t know about that. That tournament from chabot was something else. I remmeber Mackenzie saying it was probably one of the best performances by a d man at a world junior ever.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
You think stutz was better /more hype than chabots tourney? I don’t know about that. That tournament from chabot was something else. I remmeber Mackenzie saying it was probably one of the best performances by a d man at a world junior ever.

Chabot’s tourney was 19.

Stutzle’s was 18.

Chabot’s tourney was arguably best ever by a D considering he is only defense man in history of the tourney to win MVP. He was dazzling. Stutzle tho did it a year younger, on a depleted roster, and qualified Germany to preliminary for first time ever. His performance was just, nuts. The PK shift was enough to see he is truly special.

We lucky we have both. Both have ability to be top 5 players at their positions.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Ya I am OK with having the most impressive F performance and best D performance in recent years in our stable of players. No need to fight for one over the other.

Reactions: NB613
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad