Prospect Info: Tim Stützle | 3rd OVR 2020 | C | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Stuetzle’s bday is on the 15th. Pretty cool gift that he’ll probably play his 1st NHL game on that day!

Reactions: Que

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
The word doesn't mean what it means?

I think it more refers to a goal scorers ability to release the shit with speed, accuracy and power. Not much to do with distance per se, but "sniping" in hockey is more synonymous with hitting "small targets" aka, scoring goals in less than visible areas of the net that which usually the average NHL players cannot score.

Reactions: DJB

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I think it more refers to a goal scorers ability to release the shit with speed, accuracy and power. Not much to do with distance per se, but "sniping" in hockey is more synonymous with hitting "small targets" aka, scoring goals in less than visible areas of the net that which usually the average NHL players cannot score.

I mean if there's a player picking corners from the top of the circles vs another potting goals from the bumper position I'm gonna call the former the sniper.

Reindl87

May 18, 2012
I am suprised about the enormouspraise and excitement Stützle gets overseas. Sure he dominated in Germany at the junior level, but so have other before who didn`t really make in the professionals, let alone the NHL. So while I hope he will turn out great, I think I`d still pumb the breaks a little bit.
So what makes you guys so confident that he is NHL ready already? I mean let`s compare him to Draisaitl who, at least in Germany, was praised higher thah Stützle, yet had a really hard time in his first NHl season and wasn`t ready. So why do you guys think Stützle can already contribute?
Thanks for your answers.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
I am suprised about the enormouspraise and excitement Stützle gets overseas. Sure he dominated in Germany at the junior level, but so have other before who didn`t really make in the professionals, let alone the NHL. So while I hope he will turn out great, I think I`d still pumb the breaks a little bit.
So what makes you guys so confident that he is NHL ready already? I mean let`s compare him to Draisaitl who, at least in Germany, was praised higher thah Stützle, yet had a really hard time in his first NHl season and wasn`t ready. So why do you guys think Stützle can already contribute?
Thanks for your answers.

I think people are excited about him long term, and excited about his WJC performance, but not necessarily expecting him to be NHL ready.

There has been plenty of discussion around him potentially being sent to the AHL, back to Germany, or spending time on the taxi squad.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Thanks for your answers.

High end speed with the ability to both think and make plays while at speed

Personally I think what Stuetzle needs to learn he can only learn at this level

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I've never understood the word sniper when used in hockey to mean someone that scores from long range.

Same. More like sharp shooter in the old western sense. Range isn't the key bit but rather the accuracy of picking those small openinings.

Reactions: Mack Attack

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I've never understood the word sniper when used in hockey to mean someone that scores from long range.

he seems to meet all the requirements that a fan expects a rookie to meet, though we’ve only seen this proven at the WJC and some DEL highlights.

physical maturity / strength — check
Defensive responsibility. — check
High-tempo offence — check
Don’t make drop passes at the blue line — unknown

We don’t get to see him do anything but smile on skates in the Sens camp, so it’s wait-and-see what DJ thinks.

Oberyn Martell

Dec 26, 2018
Thanks for your answers.
Stützle is way ahead of Draisaitl at the same age and Draisaitl wasn't praised higher than Stützle here in Germany. That's just wrong

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
NHL is so much easy to play for highly skilled rookies with great hockey IQ, who are physically developed already. Stützle fits in every category with his skills. It is as good as it gets. At least 40 points guaranteed in the shortened season from him. He will deliver singlehandedly at least 5 more wins to the Sens vault of victories. I hope Melnyk will understand one day, that highly skilled forwards deliver more victories, not the defense. We could have already Holtz or Prefetti, Kaliyev and Peterka.

Kaliyev, Stützle, Peterka
Dadonov, Perfetti, Tkachuk

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Thanks for your answers.

Stutzle didnt just dominate the junior level. He destroyed it. Moreso than Draisaitl.

In Stutzle's D-3 season he played in u19 Jr. team in Germany, he was the youngest player on the team and he was 3rd in scoring(47 points in 25 games). The other 5 top scorers around him were 2 years older, and the leading scorer was 3 years older.

In Drai's D-2 he played in a weaker team the u18 Jr. team in Germany and he was not the youngest player on the team and finished 2nd in scoring(56 points in 35 games). Furthermore, the leading scorer, by a mere 1 point, was the same age as Drai(Kahun).

In Drai's D-4 season he played in u16 team and scored 103 points in 26 games, he was second to Kahun who scored 126 in 27 games, same age. Even the next scorer was not far off PPG and same as and the 3 after were respectable and only 1 was year older.

In Stutzle's D-4 season
he played in u16 team and scored 83 points in 32 games, he was the leading scorer, and the 2nd highest scorer had 45 points in 29 games. The ten next 8-10 scorers on the team were all a year older than Stutzle.

Stutzle's performance last year as a 17 year old in the DEL is the best performance ever by someone his age in the history of the league... and it's actually not close.

Stutzle also crushed the WJC this year in a fashion that was up there in terms of performances. Just watch this video below and you'll know why. I also wanna pump the breaks but this guy has stardom written all over him. He could be the best prospect we have ever had. Those rumblings of Stevie Y possibly picking Stutzle 1st overall if he had the pick might have not been inane after all.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
NHL is so much easy to play for highly skilled rookies with great hockey IQ, who are physically developed already. Stützle fits in every category with his skills. It is as good as it gets. At least 40 points guaranteed in the shortened season from him. He will deliver singlehandedly at least 5 more wins to the Sens vault of victories. I hope Melnyk will understand one day, that highly skilled forwards deliver more victories, not the defense. We could have already Holtz or Prefetti, Kaliyev and Peterka.

Kaliyev, Stützle, Peterka
Dadonov, Perfetti, Tkachuk

The new Toronto Maple Leafs. Also, half those players are playing their wrong position/expected position in the league. What's funny is, Tkachuk is the only player in that top 6, aside from Stutzle who would probably be worth a damn in the playoffs. You could have changed him for Zadina but you realized it wasn't even worth it and we'd get bullied by MTL.

You seriously didn't just make this point after watching Sanderson shutdown Canada leading USA's D in TOI right?

Reactions: Xspyrit

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Stützle is way ahead of Draisaitl at the same age and Draisaitl wasn't praised higher than Stützle here in Germany. That's just wrong
People were very ambivalent about Draisaitl too. They questioned where he was taken in the draft. Not much was known about him. He was like a Bambi on skates, it was really difficult to make an accurate assessment on him. He was boom or bust. Whereas with Tim, I think everyone is onboard with saying he will be an impact player.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Thanks for your answers.

I don’t know how much he will contribute, I just wanna see someone who plays to win.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

ijif

Dec 20, 2018
People were very ambivalent about Draisaitl too. They questioned where he was taken in the draft. Not much was known about him. He was like a Bambi on skates, it was really difficult to make an accurate assessment on him. He was boom or bust. Whereas with Tim, I think everyone is onboard with saying he will be an impact player.

Not much was known about Draisaitl after playing 128 games in the WHL before his draft?

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Not much was known about Draisaitl after playing 128 games in the WHL before his draft?
Sorry that was poor wording. I guess what I meant to say was that not much was known about his ability to hit on his rankings. I remember him being very raw and people being pretty polarized on him.

MrGuyPerson

Aug 19, 2020
Stutzle didnt just dominate the junior level. He destroyed it. Moreso than Draisaitl.

In Stutzle's D-3 season he played in u19 Jr. team in Germany, he was the youngest player on the team and he was 3rd in scoring(47 points in 25 games). The other 5 top scorers around him were 2 years older, and the leading scorer was 3 years older.

In Drai's D-2 he played in a weaker team the u18 Jr. team in Germany and he was not the youngest player on the team and finished 2nd in scoring(56 points in 35 games). Furthermore, the leading scorer, by a mere 1 point, was the same age as Drai(Kahun).

In Drai's D-4 season he played in u16 team and scored 103 points in 26 games, he was second to Kahun who scored 126 in 27 games, same age. Even the next scorer was not far off PPG and same as and the 3 after were respectable and only 1 was year older.

In Stutzle's D-4 season
he played in u16 team and scored 83 points in 32 games, he was the leading scorer, and the 2nd highest scorer had 45 points in 29 games. The ten next 8-10 scorers on the team were all a year older than Stutzle.

Stutzle's performance last year as a 17 year old in the DEL is the best performance ever by someone his age in the history of the league... and it's actually not close.

Stutzle also crushed the WJC this year in a fashion that was up there in terms of performances. Just watch this video below and you'll know why. I also wanna pump the breaks but this guy has stardom written all over him. He could be the best prospect we have ever had. Those rumblings of Stevie Y possibly picking Stutzle 1st overall if he had the pick might have not been inane after all.

In Drai's youth time in Germany he was also on a line with Dominik Kahun, NHL caliber player and relatively recent addition to the Oilers roster [wonder why they signed him ;) ]. Stützle's linemates in German Youth Hockey were not the same caliber. After 09-10 season both Kahun and Drai finished 1st/2nd in points every season they played together implying they contributed to each others success.

Edit: I didn't see your post referenced Kahun, but it didn't reference them being on the same team/line, so my post did add info haha

Last edited:

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I think it might be interesting for anyone wondering why he did not play center at the WJC.
When the U20 team started training camp in Germany the coaches had him play center with Peterka and somebody other than Elias (they didn't say who it was) on the wings. The coaches only changed the line to Stützle-Elias-Peterka when Tim told them that he was not comfortable taking face offs with his hand coming off surgery, so they slotted Elias in between Stützle and Peterka and that worked so well, that they stuck with it.

danman

Dec 5, 2005
Thanks for your answers.
I think it's Stuetzle's incredible speed and vision that makes him seem more NHL ready now than Draisatl was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille