Prospect Info: Tim Stützle | 3rd OVR 2020 | C | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
For anyone who listened to Ray Ferraro shower Stutz with compliments on the Spittin Chiclets podcast (can't miss, surefire NHL difference maker, etc), got me thinking...

I think this is the first time, EVER, that we've had a prospect that seems to be universally loved by people in the game. Think about it... has there ever been another?

Alfie was a late round pick and unexpected surprise
Karlsson was small and had all kinds of question marks
Brady came with some question marks of his own (passed over Zadina etc)
Spezza, well... Spezza
Hossa had his knee surgery issues
etc. etc. etc.

But everyone just loves this kid. Exciting!

The closest was Curtis Lazar in recent times after his WJC stint. Everybody loved him after his WJC.

Karlsson was dominant in his WJC prior to his move to Ottawa, but yeah the buzz being generated by Tim The Stud Stuetzle in next level.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
For anyone who listened to Ray Ferraro shower Stutz with compliments on the Spittin Chiclets podcast (can't miss, surefire NHL difference maker, etc), got me thinking...

I think this is the first time, EVER, that we've had a prospect that seems to be universally loved by people in the game. Think about it... has there ever been another?

Alfie was a late round pick and unexpected surprise
Karlsson was small and had all kinds of question marks
Brady came with some question marks of his own (passed over Zadina etc)
Spezza, well... Spezza
Hossa had his knee surgery issues
etc. etc. etc.

But everyone just loves this kid. Exciting!

He was still a kid playing against other kids at the WJC.

And while he played in the DEL, we may have to be a little patient as he adapts his junior moves to the NHL.

It's very exciting to have some anticipation and hope and good vibes within this organization after what feels like so long, but that's also a big burden for one guy's shoulders to bear.

Anyway, not trying to be a wet blanket.

If he plays with that aggression and speed and creativity, he'll hopefully satisfy people regardless of whether the goals and points and wins come along.

If there is a parallel with anyone, it's quite clearly Alexandre Daigle.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

And while he played in the DEL, we may have to be a little patient as he adapts his junior moves to the NHL.

It's very exciting to have some anticipation and hope and good vibes within this organization after what feels like so long, but that's also a big burden for one guy's shoulders to bear.

If he plays with that aggression and speed and creativity, he'll hopefully satisfy people over regardless of whether the goals and points and wins come along.

Patience smatience, i demand instant gratification.

Betax

Jun 25, 2018

If he plays with that aggression and speed and creativity, he'll hopefully satisfy people regardless of whether the goals and points and wins come along.

Anticipation is good for us. I hope he gets some NHL games this year, but more AHL ones (especially in driving toward a play-off run). I think his adjustment to the NHL could be pretty frustrating, and he still needs time at a level where he can dominate and test out new moves and plays. So give us a taste, but move him down before he is too crushed, and leave us waiting for more.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
His skill set is seductive and extremely gratifying.

It's like we have Bure sitting in our dressing room.

A guy worth the price of admission on his own.

Hmmm....not long ago someone was asking about comparables and i thought i was the only guy that said Bure...except bigger...which could be scary

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Stuetzle is going to surprise NHL defenders with his speed. He's going to burn guys which will help him dangle back inside

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
The closest was Curtis Lazar in recent times after his WJC stint. Everybody loved him after his WJC.

Karlsson was dominant in his WJC prior to his move to Ottawa, but yeah the buzz being generated by Tim The Stud Stuetzle in next level.

Sounds like the simpsons monorail

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
His skill set is seductive and extremely gratifying.

It's like we have Bure sitting in our dressing room.

A guy worth the price of admission on his own.

giphy-downsized.gif

Steveshutt

Sep 22, 2007
Couldn't resist and picked him in my Points Only pool. What are the chances he stays in Ottawa all season?

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Couldn't resist and picked him in my Points Only pool. What are the chances he stays in Ottawa all season?

Pretty good I think. Management seems pretty high on him right now. Only question is just how much icetime and PP time he will get.

He will probably start on LW which means there's a good chance for more opportunities.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I dont want to overhype or put the pressure on the kid,he is a teenager ...Yes a very highly skilled one,but the NHL has broken so many....

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Stuetzle is going to surprise NHL defenders with his speed. He's going to burn guys which will help him dangle back inside

I don’t know ... did he have a single breakaway at the u20’s ? I think he is a little slower than Bure types and also plays a little deeper in his own end.

I think the Hossa/Havlat hybrid is a better comp.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

It was pretty obvious Lazar didn't have the hands.

Spezza is by far the most similar prospect.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
It was pretty obvious Lazar didn't have the hands.

Spezza is by far the most similar prospect.

We are not talking hands but hype. Spetzky was a 100 years ago dude. I honestly bought the Lazar hype despite my eyes not quite believing it. That hamburger did him in.

Reactions: topshelf15

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa

Chabot was universally loved and was tournament MVP.
He was a year older though.

Reactions: Inf4mous0ne

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
We are not talking hands but hype. Spetzky was a 100 years ago dude. I honestly bought the Lazar hype despite my eyes not quite believing it. That hamburger did him in.
Lazar did not have Stuetzle hype. Spezza did its the only real comparable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad