Player Discussion Tim Schaller

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Schaller has been terrible of late, good start but has fizzled out.
I agree. If and when Ferland, Sutter, Beagle and Roussel all arrive back on the active roster, he'd be one the guys I'd consider waiving and sending to Utica.

But of course in Green's system, Schaller earns the coveted 'Jayson Megna' award as the most head-scratching forward like the ones on Willie D's past rosters. So he probably stays, and guys like Graovac, MacEwen, Goldy and maybe even Gaudette get shipped out.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Since Tim Schaller's otherworldly 3 game goal scoring streak (4 goals in 3 games) where he had no goals/points in the 8 preceding games he has put up zero points and is -12 over the past 19 games.

It's strange to me that he still seemingly has a locked in roster spot on a nightly basis and people still have him penciled onto the 4th line when the team is healthy.

Maybe a night or too watching could make him hungrier like some people thought he was to start the year.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Since Tim Schaller's otherworldly 3 game goal scoring streak (4 goals in 3 games) where he had no goals/points in the 8 preceding games he has put up zero points and is -12 over the past 19 games.

It's strange to me that he still seemingly has a locked in roster spot on a nightly basis and people still have him penciled onto the 4th line when the team is healthy.

Maybe a night or too watching could make him hungrier like some people thought he was to start the year.

yeah he fell off a cliff after his hot stretch. Seems to be the odd man out as the 4th line for the morning skate was Ferland-Beagle-Sutter.

Reactions: 420Canuck

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
When Motte gets healthy, I’d like to give the Schaller-Beagle-Motte line another chance to see how they perform. Earlier this year, that line was arguably the among the best 4th lines in the league.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
That's the problem with evaluation bad players in a soft schedule in what amounts to basically extended preseason.

They weren't even that good, they just played a ton and got noticed and Schaller got a few overlapping shifts with Pettersson and put a few pucks in the net and everybody started to act like the players looked different than they did last year.

Reactions: MS

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
That's the problem with evaluation bad players in a soft schedule in what amounts to basically extended preseason.

They weren't even that good, they just played a ton and got noticed and Schaller got a few overlapping shifts with Pettersson and put a few pucks in the net and everybody started to act like the players looked different than they did last year.
At least he showed a pulse.

Eriksson? Didn't even notice him breaking out a sweat during that period. If he can't play well when the team is playing quite well; there's no hope for him.

Last edited:

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
When Motte gets healthy, I’d like to give the Schaller-Beagle-Motte line another chance to see how they perform. Earlier this year, that line was arguably the among the best 4th lines in the league.

When everyone is healthy Motte is probably the 14th forward so he won't be playing, Schaller is now the 13th forward. However that being said, most of the time the team is not 100% healthy so you might still get your wish.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Another awful UFA signing Benning, although mercifully it was only a two-year deal......Schaller is basically a 'bubble' forward....Motte, Graovac, MacEwen or even Justin Bailey would do just as good, or even better job, for a lot less money.

Basically brings little to the table on the fourth line or any other line....and why Green has him killing penalties is a mystery wrapped in an enigma.

Reactions: vanuck

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
When everyone is healthy Motte is probably the 14th forward so he won't be playing, Schaller is now the 13th forward. However that being said, most of the time the team is not 100% healthy so you might still get your wish.

I do agree that Motte and Schaller are the 13th and 14th forwards under full health, but the Canucks also shouldn’t ignore as to just how good this 4th line was with Beagle. I’d like to see them get another kick at the can even if everyone is healthy (even though I realize that what I’m suggesting is likely not practical).

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Schaller is back to the player of last year since the 10game mark.

Needs to join Eriksson off the roster

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I think it might have been Craig Button who pointed out that Schaller wasn't an NHL player, at least on a 'decent' team. So the fact that he's in the lineup night after night, pretty well tells you where the Canucks are at.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
I think it might have been Craig Button who pointed out that Schaller wasn't an NHL player, at least on a 'decent' team. So the fact that he's in the lineup night after night, pretty well tells you where the Canucks are at.
I guess Craig Button doesn't think the Boston Bruins were a decent team in 2018, he had a front row view to the Leafs losing.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
What is really a problem is the fact that the Canucks have a ton of money tied up in a AHL / NHL tweeners. For the most part the UFA signings of Benning have been a disaster. The most polite thing you can say is that Rusack has been OK. Obviously Erickson is in a class of his own yes in economic disaster. But there are five or six others that have destroyed our Cap space as well.

Oh,and sorry for crappy language but I am lazy and autocorrect sucks.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
so time for a eulogy for schaller's canuck career.

tim never seemed as tough, or as high energy or as fan favouritey as he was considered in boston. he played an honest game for us but could not get it above replacement level.

i guess i put him on the "bad fit" along with hansen and eriksson.

wish him well.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
If he'd played 2 more games, he would have been in the discussion for 'worst player I've ever seen play 100+ games as a Canuck'.

Was not an NHL calibre player from his first shift as a Canuck right through his last. Terrible signing, terrible player.

Reactions: vanuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad