Confirmed with Link: Tim Murray Leaving for Buffalo

• Thread starter TheOriginalSilf*
  • Start date

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Anyone at this exact moment have a bit of a soft spot for the Sabres and secretly cheering for them to do well because of Tim? I know I say this now, but once there rebuild is done I am going to hate them again. lol

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Anyone at this exact moment have a bit of a soft spot for the Sabres and secretly cheering for them to do well because of Tim? I know I say this now, but once there rebuild is done I am going to hate them again. lol

I'll admit that while they're irrelevant i don't hate then AS much.... Kind of like the Leafs actually.... Actually not at all I revel in their suckiness.... hahaha

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North

What I'm hoping is that TM wants some of our Bingo prospects especially the ones the Sens can't fit on their roster now or in the future. Tim knows them better than anyone else so maybe we could do a 1 or 2 for one to acquire a good ufa vet to help us finish the season.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Ideally he'd probably not want his first deal to be with his uncle. maybe he makes a decent deal and then gets more serious with uncle B (who knows, maybe he doesn't care at all)

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Rumor from the SNET panel last night is he'll be extending Nolan very soon, just as I thought he would. I think that's a pretty good match actually. "Renegade" coach with everybody's favorite curmudgeon as GM.

Ideally, I think Tim will take some time to talk to Nolan, the coaches and everyone in the hockey ops side of the organization about the makeup of the current roster before he starts shuffling things. Best not to make a decision in a vacuum and if Nolan is the guy for the long-haul, the types of players he needs to build his team should, at the very least, be known to Tim.

Then there's the bit in one of Tim's many pressers about him having a sit down with some of the veterans like Miller and Moulson to gauge their interest in being part of the Sabres future. It's a lot to consider, a lot to know before an intelligent move can be made.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
DefenseMinister
It's believed Tim was trying to have Murphy come with him at the time of his hire but Sens fought it. Surprise, surprise: looking for comp.

DefenseMinister
What I've heard re: Sens front office moves, scout Rob Murphy is probably headed to Sabres this summer to be with Tim, will get promotion.

SensChirp also confirming this.

Kinda sad that we are looking for compensation for a professional scout on the verge of getting a promotion, but such is the state of things with us.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Why would they demand compensation for Rob Murphy and not Tim Murray? And on what grounds?

Seems ludicrous.

cage

Apr 25, 2004
Is asking for compensation when losing upper management type guys the norm? If he's still under contract and wants to leave than it would make sense. If his contract has expired and he's just moving on than yeah, asking for compensation is silly

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Why would they demand compensation for Rob Murphy and not Tim Murray? And on what grounds?

Seems ludicrous.

Because we're poor.
There generally isn't any compensation for stuff like that but teams can make arrangements like "Don't use our draft lists" and so on.
SensChirp was saying some of our top staff might be heading to Buffalo in the off-season, could be the sort of kick in the pants this franchise really needs to wake up.

melnyk budget*

kept bryan for 2 years instead of murray for much more. and now we're losing our scouts.

this ****ing organization. not 1 good piece of good news since july 5, 2013

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Talk about an overreaction...

It's actually funny. Our two most valuable scouts were Dorion and our Euro guy. They're still here.

People lack perspective. Things might be bad here, but at least we didn't just name a former player with ZERO executive team experience to be the President of our franchise in a sad PR stunt.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
It's actually funny. Our two most valuable scouts were Dorion and our Euro guy. They're still here.

People lack perspective. Things might be bad here, but at least we didn't just name a former player with ZERO executive team experience to be the President of our franchise in a sad PR stunt.

I thought the Euro guy went back to Sweden?

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
Blame Bettman for all of this. It used to be that teams did get compensation for letting guys in the front office go to other teams. Now people from the FO can leave and you get nothing in return which is stupid. Even the other owners are upset with that and have fought every year to get compensation. As long as Bettman is the commissioner you'll be seeing guys like Tim Murray leave leaving the organization with nothing.

PaGEEsBack

tell a friend
Aug 6, 2013
Wasn't T Murray the 2nd choice hire behind the Boston AGM who Chiarelli wouldn't let go to a division rival? Sens inviting Buffalo to walk all over them...

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Because we're poor.
There generally isn't any compensation for stuff like that but teams can make arrangements like "Don't use our draft lists" and so on.
SensChirp was saying some of our top staff might be heading to Buffalo in the off-season, could be the sort of kick in the pants this franchise really needs to wake up.

More like the kick in the pants that will knock us down to the bottom of the division. All we have is our scouting/development right now. That's what we've supposably been investing in rather than cap $$.

Wasn't T Murray the 2nd choice hire behind the Boston AGM who Chiarelli wouldn't let go to a division rival? Sens inviting Buffalo to walk all over them...

Ya it's nice they let Timmy go to a new team, but I think Bryan thought they were still going to have a great relationship. That doesn't seem like it's going to be the case anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad