The Star: Tim Leiweke says ripping down old photos not disrespectful

Yosho

Logic
Mar 30, 2010
Kitchener, ON
I asked for logical, tangible, concrete examples. What you provided was far from that. It was basically hogwash. If what you were presenting had merit, I'd bet you'd be able to provide me with a bunch of examples. In fact, I asked you to. I'm still waiting. Boy am I shocked and surprised to still be waiting.

I'll find some examples and write you an essay if you can do the same on your points of the method failing? You can end the tough-guy act anytime, though.

A lot of people are motivated by work that creates tangible results, especially if those results are born out of innovation, a new approach or a great idea. Seems pretty logical to me. If you disagree, please explain why.

Just because you find motivation elsewhere doesn't mean it's not a legitimate tactic.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Current President? Vacant, with a couple of Vices.
Predecessor? Burke.

Not sure what you're getting at.

What I'm getting at is that as President of the Leafs, some of Burke's duties were to set the culture and direction of the organization beyond only hockey operations and communicate that direction not only within, but also to fans via the media.

In the absence of the position of President of the Toronto Maple Leafs, Tim Leiweke is fulfilling that role.

While I agree there are differences to their roles, I disagree that the roles are completely different.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I'll find some examples and write you an essay if you can do the same on your points of the method failing? You can end the tough-guy act anytime, though.

A lot of people are motivated by work that creates tangible results, especially if those results are born out of innovation, a new approach or a great idea. Seems pretty logical to me. If you disagree, please explain why.

Just because you find motivation elsewhere doesn't mean it's not a legitimate tactic.

There aren't some 9-5'ers putting in their 40 years until retirement that need some motivation once in a while.

Playing for a Championship should be all the motivation required and most likely is. I doubt very much the presence or removal of pictures has any influence at all, most players would hardly even notice them.

Yosho

Logic
Mar 30, 2010
Kitchener, ON
There aren't some 9-5'ers putting in their 40 years until retirement that need some motivation once in a while.

Playing for a Championship should be all the motivation required and most likely is. I doubt very much the presence or removal of pictures has any influence at all, most players would hardly even notice them.

That's a fair response - I actually said something similar a few pages back. It doesn't make my points any less valid, though. It's an approach that management takes. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Maybe this will help change the team culture, maybe it won't. It's a small step that people are blowing out of proportion.

Nothing significant has happened to this franchise in a half century... why not make some changes now?

Yosho

Logic
Mar 30, 2010
Kitchener, ON
What I'm getting at is that as President of the Leafs, some of Burke's duties were to set the culture and direction of the organization beyond only hockey operations and communicate that direction not only within, but also to fans via the media.

In the absence of the position of President of the Toronto Maple Leafs, Tim Leiweke is fulfilling that role.

While I agree there are differences to their roles, I disagree that the roles are completely different.

Good points all around. I was more so responding to the poster who didn't know why Burke was replaced with someone of the same values. I was simply pointing out that their roles, while part of the same picture, are much different.

Yes, they are both trying to put their mark on a team in a quick and ballsy way. One of those guys is working on a much bigger picture than the other.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
I don't mind it. As others have said, the legends are still in the rafters and I'm sure the pictures in the fan hallways are still there. This is more at a player level. It would be nice if fans stopped living in the past too. And by past I mean just as much our fans who gloat about our long history and other fans who say we've done nothing in 40 years.

Its not living in the past its celebrating the history and achievements of the team. I am 40 years old and can remember the Borchevsky goal and what a great moment it was for me having endured almost 20 years of bad teams. That moment saw a return of Leaf promise under Burns and Gilmour why should Lewicke come in and remove that history.

As a fan that pays money to come to the ACC I want to see the history and be able to tell my newborn all about some of the good leaf moments as hell we don't have many to chose from.

It's like any hall of fame taking down the pics or bust of older player and only keeping that year's inductees up in the hall. You need to understand the past and where the players that made the Leafs one of the best franchises in the NHL.

At the player level they should understand the history of the team and what a winner does to a city....just ask Gilmour during those back to back conference final runs how a city was going crazy. For the older guys ask them what the city was like in '67

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00