Rumor: Tim Leiweke Not Happy in Toronto

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Re: Bell and Rogers Board rooms at odds.

They are Pepsi and Coca Cola, what the heck did they expect going into this? Peace and tranquility?

It didn't help that both are not only in direct competition for telecommunications, but I am sure that also losing the rights to the NHL games was a big blow to Bell on top of that...

WinB4IDIE

Oct 22, 2007
Ontario
Leave then, so far you've done nothing anyways you seem to be just another Brain Burke you crave the media attention and make all kinds of promises but never deliver.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
It didn't help that both are not only in direct competition for telecommunications, but I am sure that also losing the rights to the NHL games was a big blow to Bell on top of that...

Pffft... direct competition. Give me a break. They have a cartel on the wireless industry and collude together to fix prices while still raking in money hand over fist.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
Leave then, so far you've done nothing anyways you seem to be just another Brain Burke you crave the media attention and make all kinds of promises but never deliver.

He's actually come through very fast with most of the teams. It bodes well for the Leafs which was always going to be the toughest of the jobs

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Sorry Tim, but until you give me something tangible in regards to a vast improvement on the Maple Leafs performance, you're just another talking head in a suit to me.

Most of Toronto doesn't care about the Jays or Raptors NEARLY as much as they do the Leafs.

Crap or get off the pot.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
TL not happy? Big deal. Just another suit. Another fat guy with a sense of entitlement. And he doesn't even skate.

ldnk

Apr 8, 2009
With all the trashing of Leiweke in this thread, outside of PTS/McCown and the odd unsubstantiated rumor, has anything tangible ever actually indicated that Leiweke desperately wants out of Toronto?

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
With all the trashing of Leiweke in this thread, outside of PTS/McCown and the odd unsubstantiated rumor, has anything tangible ever actually indicated that Leiweke desperately wants out of Toronto?

Has anything tangible happened that makes us believe he'll actually make a positive difference in regards to the team with the biggest fan base in the NHL?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Has anything tangible happened that makes us believe he'll actually make a positive difference in regards to the team with the biggest fan base in the NHL?

He has done nothing essentially for the leafs. We are worse off now than before BB firing.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
He was brought in to fix MLSE, not the Leafs.

He has made excellent strides with the other two teams in MLSE, and has just now really turned his attention to the Maple Leafs.

The two moves he has had a big hand in was
1. Jonathan Bernier
2. Brendan Shanahan

both positives IMO. Show some patience.

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
if millers-coors and molson-coors can merge...why not coke/pepsi....or rogers/bell?

what is a leiweke? and who is tim?

Captain Mittens*

I've noticed you seem to hate Leiweke a lot. Even though he is a loudmouth blowhard, the Raptors and TFC have turned it around, and he was also responsible for turning the LA Galaxy around and was able to convince one of the biggest names in pro sports to play for the Galaxy (Beckham). That being said, Leiweke didn't do a good job with the Kings and they sucked under his meddling and they only turned it around after Lombardi came along under the stipulation of full autonomy, meaning Leiweke effectively butted out of daily operations. The Leafs are in shambles right now with no direction and two guys who don't have the balls to make tough decisions and are easy targets for Leiweke to use as puppets. That being said, he had his handprints all over the Bernier trade, which was an amazing trade for us.

Honestly, I can't formulate my opinion on him yet. I do see where you are coming from, though.
Leiweke will say he is out of daily operations but will then but in. Leiweke and the person he put in charge of negotiating contracts pretty much pushed Blake and Robitaille out of town in 20001 and 2001.

He said the same thing for the Kings but offering Kovalchuk all that money and every promising Ilya's wife recording contracts, etc if he signed in LA. I am glad it fell through.
The same happened again with Brad Richards. Lieweekly even too it upon himself to have make the trip to Richards' agents offices as well. Remember Leiweke is those two balless guys' boss.

I seriously thing the only reason Lombardi was hired by the Kings was because season ticket holders put so much pressure on him to hire Lombardi, who Kings fans loved and could see the fruit of his efforts in SJ.

**don't any of you see this as a slam on your club either. I have always like the Leafs and I love your passion as fans.

I doubt Leiweke had much input in trades. He's not a hockey guy he's a soccer guy and he even stated that. Nonis and his advisors were in full control of operations last year.
He says that stuff, but just wait.

This was also Mr. "nobody wants to win the Stanley Cup more than me" and then orchestrated trades for players like Eric Rassmussen. Proclaiming that he was the missing piece to push the Kings to a cup.

DaveT83*

Tims not allowed doing anything to the Leaf's - other than hiring more front office suits.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
He brought Masai to the Raptors, and helped make TFC a relevant contender.

for that, I am forever grateful

cack

Jul 30, 2013

He has made excellent strides with the other two teams in MLSE, and has just now really turned his attention to the Maple Leafs.

1. Jonathan Bernier
2. Brendan Shanahan

Leiweke was brought in to fix MLSE but not the Leafs yet he was the one who brought Jonathan Bernier to the Leafs, which also happens to be the major stake of Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment. Makes sense.

MrLegend28*

Toronto has the biggest fan base in the NHL? You got evidence to back this claim?

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Toronto has the biggest fan base in the NHL? You got evidence to back this claim?

I thought this was a pretty well known fact.

If they arent the biggest, theyre top 3.

Some away games I've seen have had more leaf fans then local fans.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012

1. Jonathan Bernier
2. Brendan Shanahan

Stop being so damned rational, that isn't the way things are done here. This place is for ranting and making ridiculous pronouncements based on absolutely no NHL experience and often nothing more than House League and Beer League experience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad