Rumor: Tim Leiweke Not Happy in Toronto

themightyquinn

Jun 10, 2007
Toronto
Just listening to Prime Time Sports and the last question Stephen Brunt asked Tim was to address the rumour that he wasn't happy in Toronto and Tim didn't exactly shoot it down. He only mentioned that he was hired to get all 3 teams on the right track and 2 out of 3 are fixed.

I'll put up a copy of the interview when it comes online from Sportsnet.

This is bad news if he's looking to leave in my opinion. He's such a breath of fresh air from Richard Peddie. Leiweke wants to win above all.

Has anyone seen anything on this? PTS is speculating the catfighting of the board is the reason, combined with the weather.

Here is the link starting at 10:50 in:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/on-demand/#rotation=0

Last edited:

Jacob8hockey*

Are you sure this isn't in the context with how the Leafs haven't been winning instead of actually being in the city of Toronto?

themightyquinn

Jun 10, 2007
Toronto
PTS just stated more on it. Bell vs. Rogers is dysfunctional at the board room level and the city/organization is not to his liking and Tim looks likely to move on sooner rather than later.

Such bad news.

K19*

PTS just stated more on it. Bell vs. Rogers is dysfunctional at the board room level and the city/organization is not to his liking and Tim looks likely to move on sooner rather than later.

Such bad news.

Seriously?

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
if he was asked and didnt flat out deny it then its true. ****, i liked this guy too.

Morlu

Nov 4, 2011
Tim is the best part of MLSE. Love his charisma and everything he's done. I can't blame him though. Coming from LA climate to Toronto is a step backwards. I hope he gives us a few good years.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Re: Bell and Rogers Board rooms at odds.

They are Pepsi and Coca Cola, what the heck did they expect going into this? Peace and tranquility?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
combined with the Weather? What was Tim expecting it to be here, Bermuda? (that's not addressed to Tim, it's to Brunt and McGowan). if he didn't want to be here - he wouldn't have signed here. everything i've heard was how much he enjoys the city etc.

InShannyWeTrust

Bring on the trades!
Aug 6, 2009
I listened to the interview my interpretation was that he doesnt want to be here for 10 years but realizes he has a job to do and is going to do it... its not like he's leaving tomorrow.... he'll groom someone to take over after im sure

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
well that was quick, fastest exit by a Leaf saviour I can remember, who will Leaf Nation appoint as the next Saviour?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Re: Bell and Rogers Board rooms at odds.

They are Pepsi and Coca Cola, what the heck did they expect going into this? Peace and tranquility?

clearly.

i don't think things helped any that rogers totally k.o.ed bell for Hockey rights

Felstead

Boss Status
Feb 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Your way out in left field on this one, its taken way out of context. Although I did not listen to what was said.

Tim is "not happy" about the situation one of the team he looks after now is in. That team being the leafs.

He is showing his passion by stating his honesty that this team has no identity, culture and all that stuff and more than anything wants to field a winner.

If he wasn't happy in T.O then he wouldn't have hired Shanahan and would have left already.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
It's pretty crazy that the Leafs are owned by two such bitter rivals. that can't be fun to deal with as CEO.

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
Your way out in left field on this one, its taken way out of context. Although I did not listen to what was said.

Tim is "not happy" about the situation one of the team he looks after now is in. That team being the leafs.

He is showing his passion by stating his honesty that this team has no identity, culture and all that stuff and more than anything wants to field a winner.

If he wasn't happy in T.O then he wouldn't have hired Shanahan and would have left already.

nope, he said after he "fixes" the leafs hes gone. he said he already fixed the raps and tfc. listen to the interview. he was asked if he wasnt happy, and did not flat out deny it. He didnt deny it at all.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
nope, he said after he "fixes" the leafs hes gone. he said he already fixed the raps and tfc. listen to the interview. he was asked if he wasnt happy, and did not flat out deny it. He didnt deny it at all.

Isn't that why he brought Shanny in? Learn the ropes and take it all over?

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
Isn't that why he brought Shanny in? Learn the ropes and take it all over?

no idea, i assumed it was to fire everyone and rebuild the leafs organization. like masai did with the raps.

last year tim was drawing up parade routes for the leafs, now hes saying hes only here till all the teams turn it around. and he says 2 of the 3 have turned it around

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
10:50 in.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/on-demand/#rotation=0

They talked about it from 5:40 to 6 and started off talking about it again with Kypreos at 6pm specifically about Tim's unhappiness.

he still seems committed to MLSE but the fact that he didn't deny it, is worrisome. we seriously can't have nice things. :rant:

if he leaves within the next few months, i will seriously lose hope with this organization. i was happy he was here, but now am slightly sad that he might leave.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
It's pretty crazy that the Leafs are owned by two such bitter rivals. that can't be fun to deal with as CEO.

As if the suits care about some fake rivalry. The "rivalry" is a cheesy motivational tool used by upper management to herd the sheep.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth

It really is a bizarre business partnership. It's like the Molotov–Ribbentrop pact. They hate each other and both know it won't last long.

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
As if the suits care about some fake rivalry.

bell and rogers are fighting each other for money. they both do the exact same things. the suits definitely hate each other and want to see the other company fail

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00