Sportsnet: Tim Leiweke is the new President and CEO of MLSE.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
I'm surprised. There were rumours they were after him but it was a bit of a long-shot.

He did a solid job with the Lakers and Kings in LA, one can only hope he can replicate that success here.

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
Hmm wonder what this means for Nonis? The article speculated he makes 5 mill / year so he makes less than Grabbo :)

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
He's a big hockey fan and was well liked by various members of the Kings organization. This has been reported out of MLSE's camp a month ago by non other than Feschuk. I'm glad it wasn't Anselmi.

tim_leiweke.jpg.size.xxlarge.promo.jpg

MLSE casts covetous eye at former L.A. Kings exec

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
I'm surprised. There were rumours they were after him but it was a bit of a long-shot.

He did a solid job with the Lakers and Kings in LA, one can only hope he can replicate that success here.
He really had nothing to do with the Lakers.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Great move. As a TFC season ticket holder, I'm particularly encouraged by this announcement.

Oiffub

Matthews > McDavid don't @ me
Mar 16, 2010
ACC
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 1h
Hiring of Tim Leiweke to run Raps & Leafs gives Toronto's basketball team major player with LA ties who can make pitch Phil will listen to

I like this guy already.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Anthony Petrielli ‏@APetrielli 1h
Here's everything you need to know about new MLSE president-ceo Tim Leiweke: he personally made sure LA didn't trade Dustin Brown last year.

I like the sound of this.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
I hope more than anything he can help turn the raptors around. Colangelo has been awful. Maybe he can get Phil Jackson here? Probably not but there might be a chance.

For the leafs, well I guess he is definitely better than what we had.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Anthony Petrielli ‏@APetrielli 1h
Here's everything you need to know about new MLSE president-ceo Tim Leiweke: he personally made sure LA didn't trade Dustin Brown last year.

I like the sound of this.

That kind of meddling works both ways...

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I hope more than anything he can help turn the raptors around. Colangelo has been awful. Maybe he can get Phil Jackson here? Probably not but there might be a chance.

For the leafs, well I guess he is definitely better than what we had.

Day to day for the Leafs he won't make a huge difference I would imagine.

It's free agency I'll be interested to see, Cause he has a tendency to go after the big names.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad