Tim Gleason

The Caveman

We are all the goat
Jan 14, 2007
Montreal, PQ
Gleason is what we need. If he can play in the #3 or 4 spot, then he can be a stabilizing presence for either Morgan or Gards. That will solidify and give us a respectable top 4.

I thought he was calm with the puck, and made good outlet passes.

if he can continue this, he will allow for the leafs to give the Marlies prospects time to develop properly.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
He seemed like a competent, experienced veteran who didn't approach a normal regular season game like an adventure. I think we're sorely missing one more guy like that on the blueline and at least one full line of vets up front. If only to babysit the weaklings.

His personality is also kind of a nice change from all the frat boys who listen to Miley Cyrus who make up a sizable portion of the team...

Seriously, who the **** listens to Miley Cyrus?

ForSpareParts*

Cherry keeps pumping this guy up.

i'm starting to wonder why Carolina could get rid of this guy. Stop telling me it was a "perfect hockey trade". Carolina is nowhere close to competing, and Toronto keeps rolling with Gleason in the line-up. Gleason's impact far outweighs anything that JML could do for Carolina (or any team). Does Carolina really have a team full a Gleasons, but they just need a Liles? The only thing I can think of is that CAR gave up on him too early maybe because of his early season injuries.

This is crazy, and Carolina was crazy.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Gleason has played in the WJC, World Championships, Stanley Cup playoffs and Olympics.
10 Year NHL veteran. Former 1st round pick.
Perfect fit on a Randy Carlyle defense that was lacking a tough SOB to play against after Mark Fraser couldn't duplicate last years success.
Love the way he plays and is the guy you want on the ice late in games in tough situations when you are up a goal.

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
now if we could go out and find a right handed gleason our tema would be all set

just an absolute beauty, loved what he did to the guy on tampa after he ran bernier or even touched him for that matter... love gleason looking like a steal of a trade even tho im a big JML supporter

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

at around 1:50 he bangs out Lucic real good. Have be played Boston yet with him on our team.. my memory is going lol. :laugh:

here's a direct link in case that one doesn't work..

Our Tim has played the Bears. he had 2 hugggeeeee block shots.

I will not lie: I love him. loooooooooooooove. him. he's my guy - such a beast.

21JVR*

I know when we acquired Gleason. I went to both NY matches we played after acquiring him and the atmosphere at the stadium was so negative. Everybody was like he is not gonna do any magic to this team.

"Well we acquired him for a guy who was gonna end his career in AHL for us. You expect the same return from another team." That was my personal reaction.

Did we really get this guy for JML? He is absolute stud of a vet out there. Very calm and positive. He knows his role, he knows when to pinch, when to hit, when to go back, when to move up. His positioning has really impressed me.

The shot blocks and the fights are +s to his game. I mean it's impressive when a defenseman in your top 4 fights like a wild beast. If he keeps this up, he is gonna take a lot of good players with him. I am very excited to watch what he can bring in the playoffs!

Last edited by a moderator:

Avec Fromage*

Cherry keeps pumping this guy up.

i'm starting to wonder why Carolina could get rid of this guy. Stop telling me it was a "perfect hockey trade". Carolina is nowhere close to competing, and Toronto keeps rolling with Gleason in the line-up. Gleason's impact far outweighs anything that JML could do for Carolina (or any team). Does Carolina really have a team full a Gleasons, but they just need a Liles? The only thing I can think of is that CAR gave up on him too early maybe because of his early season injuries.

This is crazy, and Carolina was crazy.

I think both players just needed a change of scenery. If what Canes fans are saying is true, Gleason was playing poorly after injury, like Liles. Still, it's kind of crazy to think they were scratching Gleason over Komisarek and Jay Harrison.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
He's mean. He's tough as nails. He has old man strength. He's great.

He's exactly what we expected Komisarek to be.

And to think fans were saying the same things about Fraser. Gleason hammers him. I can't believe we put up with that stiff that long.

Igy

Mar 3, 2011
Having Gleason in the playoffs is going to be awesome.

ForSpareParts*

Gleason has played in the WJC, World Championships, Stanley Cup playoffs and Olympics.
10 Year NHL veteran. Former 1st round pick.
Perfect fit on a Randy Carlyle defense that was lacking a tough SOB to play against after Mark Fraser couldn't duplicate last years success.
Love the way he plays and is the guy you want on the ice late in games in tough situations when you are up a goal.

Exactlly!

And Carolina doesn't need a player like that?

:santa::xtree::xcheers:

Thanks Santa. Wow.

Ace88*

Gleason has always been this good. theres a reason he was the return for just-drafted 3rd overall jack johnson. Teams win with Gleasons.

He had a rough season last year and struggled early this year. Excellent to see him return to form. Great trade by nonis, jml isnt lighting it up in carolina but he isnt stinkin up the joint either.

ForSpareParts*

He's +1 and 2 points in the last 5 games.

We have him until the end of the 2015-16 season!

Halleberle

Jan 31, 2014
Only if there's a reason to do so.

I think it's best if line mates compliment each other. Each can hopefully provide what the other/s lack, address the weaknesses in each other's play, etc.. Considering Phaneufs style of play I would definitely stick with Gunnarsson.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Should he be paired with Phaneuf?

Phaneuf and Gunnar play against the toughest competition and have the best +/- stats of our entire D. I know that stat isn't always great on its own but this time it's a great reflection of how well they've played as a pairing. Maybe part of it is familiarity but their styles compliment each other well and if it's working so well, there's no reason to change it.

Gleason is the perfect fit for Reilly. His style balances out the more offensively aggressive style of Reilly and for a rookie, having that kind of stability in a D partner should be huge for Reilly's confidence as he gains more and more experience.

Mike Martin

Nov 1, 2013
In the beginning fans loved this guy but I don't see anyone talking about him now, it is like he is invisible for the last month.

What's your verdict on him as a player?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad