Tim Gleason

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
No complaints, thought he was very solid. Not very noticeable, which is a really good thing for a d-man of his ilk. Happy to have him and was surprised he was able to adjust to first pairing duties right away.

Jer416

Oct 8, 2013
Ontario
So does he replace Fraser? And push Gunner to the 2nd pair (where I think he is better suited).

The Promised Land

Dec 30, 2013
It's only one game but he was solid and efficient tonight. Probably the best d-man overall. If he can bring that kind of performance night in and night out then I will be very happy to be wrong as I was not originally a fan of the deal.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
So does he replace Fraser? And push Gunner to the 2nd pair (where I think he is better suited).

I think Gunnar is also better suited for the 2nd pair, but I don't think Gleason pushes him to that.

Phaneuf - Gunnar
Rielly - Gleason
Gardiner - Franson

Is what I would like to see our lineup look like when Gunnar is back.

Looking like he will replace Fraser/Ranger if he keeps up this kind of play.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON

At this point an immobile, solid brick could replace Fraser. He sucks. I hope his time with the Leafs is done. As for Gunnar I think he will stay on the top pairing unless Gleason plays out of his mind. Though I can see Carlyle trying to force Phaneuf-Gleason since Gleason is exactly the type of player Carlyle loves.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Weird stat regarding Gleason. He has now played 18 games between Carolina and Toronto. In those 18 games, his team has only won 2 times. Obviously losses/OTLs are NOT the fault of 1 guy, just weird that the teams don't win when he's in the lineup.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
This doesn't say much but he was our best Defenceman tonight, which tells you more about the other defencemen on our team.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
He seemed like a competent, experienced veteran who didn't approach a normal regular season game like an adventure. I think we're sorely missing one more guy like that on the blueline and at least one full line of vets up front. If only to babysit the weaklings.

His personality is also kind of a nice change from all the frat boys who listen to Miley Cyrus who make up a sizable portion of the team...

david999

Jan 21, 2011
I thought he played a good game tonight. Hopefully he stays with Phanuef, thus moving Gunner down to a second pairing and Franson to the third with a lot less ice time.

Cap'n Flavour

Mar 8, 2004
Flavour Country
He was okay. Ranger had the better game, though. Problem is he plays the left side, along with Gardiner, Rielly and Gunnarsson. Unless someone switches to RD he'll be pushes Rielly and Gardiner for minutes once Gunnar gets back, regardless of what happens with Franson.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
What I wanted Ranger to be, Gleason is. Solid mid-range defenseman that doesn't have much skill but knows his short comings and plays his game around that knowledge.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
2 thumbs up. As advertised pretty much.

Should be interesting to see how he does after the jitters and adrenaline have died down though.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
2 thumbs up. As advertised pretty much.

Should be interesting to see how he does after the jitters and adrenaline have died down though.

Yeah I'm waiting to see how things settle. Remember O'Byrne's first game as a Leaf?

My Sweet Shadow

Sep 5, 2008
Sioux Lookout, ON
He looked pretty good for his first game as a Leaf. No glaring mistakes that I can recall. The Isles' top line scored 3, but none were in any way his fault (first one was a lightly screened point shot off the rush, the 2nd he wasn't on the ice, and the 3rd was a ridiculous goal from before the blue line).

Ideally, I see our current line-up being:

Phaneuf-Gunnarsson
Gardiner-Franson
Gleason-Rielly
Ranger

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Maybe when gunnar comes back, he can play with gardiner.

I was impressed with his game.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
He looked pretty good for his first game as a Leaf. No glaring mistakes that I can recall. The Isles' top line scored 3, but none were in any way his fault (first one was a lightly screened point shot off the rush, the 2nd he wasn't on the ice, and the 3rd was a ridiculous goal from before the blue line).

Phaneuf-Gunnarsson
Gardiner-Franson
Gleason-Rielly
Ranger

Gleason-Rielly may end up being a more reliable pairing.

number72

Oct 9, 2011
I was impressed with his Hockey IQ.
He is immediately the smartest leaf dman on the leafs.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto

Phaneuf-Gunnarsson
Gardiner-Franson
Gleason-Rielly
Ranger

How many times does the Gardiner-Franson pair have to **** the bed before people get over it? My goodness

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
How many times does the Gardiner-Franson pair have to **** the bed before people get over it? My goodness

Yea that pair is filled with holes, both Gardiner, Rielly and Franson need reliable shutdown guy beside them, as they make mistakes, unfortunately Franson isn't nearly as mobile to cover them up as the other two.

Phaneuf-Gunnar
Gleason-Franson
Rielly-Gardiner

really tough to make the pairings here, Franson needs to be replaced with a top 4 guy, it will balance our lineup.

Jer416

Oct 8, 2013
Ontario
I'd probably do:

Gardiner - Phaneuf
Gunner - Franson
Gleason - Rielly

Phaneuf no doubt.
Gardiner and Franson don't work.
Gunner would be a good 2nd pairing and Franson is the odd man out
Gleason is experienced and would probably be a good defensive dman to allow Rielly to go more on the offensive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad