Recalled/Assigned: Tim Gettinger called Up

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Really sucks for him though. He's losing somewhere around $3,500.00 a day when this happens which isn't exactly chump change for him considering his AHL salary is $65,000.00 and you never know if you're going to ever be back up here again down the line.
For sure it sucks, but at the same time, he's still accumulating some service days and, what I'm sure is most important to him, some NHL games. Given that you never know if you'll make it back or play another game, period, I'm sure he's just thrilled to be playing games his first year out of the OHL. Not a lot of guys get to do that, so whatever extra he makes is probably just icing on the cake.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Really sucks for him though. He's losing somewhere around $3,500.00 a day when this happens which isn't exactly chump change for him considering his AHL salary is $65,000.00 and you never know if you're going to ever be back up here again down the line.
I wouldn't be shocked if the Rangers are quietly tossing him this sum for his trouble.

Reactions: egelband

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I'm worried all this back and forth to Hartford is going to ruin his development and mess with his Corsi and Fenwick :laugh:

On a serious note though remember, he is 20 and doesn't require waivers. Forgarty probably does after a certain point. Don't be surprised if during the bye week some combo of Gettinger/Fogarty and also Anderson/Chytil get "sent down" on paper to save cap room. Georgiev too to get some work in.

Back to Gettinger; I thought he looked better in his second game in all aspects. Adjusting to the speed. His board work was very good and that's honestly where he's going to make his bread and butter as an NHLer (and maybe in front of the net on a PP or as a PKer down the road). Yeah he flubbed the pass but that's expected of a rookie who is a giant that's been a pro for less than 3 months. The goal while he wasn't rewarded with an assist, he helped to pin the D in about 20 seconds before Strome's shot.

As far as I'm concerned he's ahead of schedule and this is all very good for his development.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010

gotta disagree here, doesn't suck for a 20 yr old, 8 weeks into his career, to get call-ups and game time
to me, this thinking is taking your eye off the prize

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Yeah, but I think he's more lucky to be up for the time he is than unfortunate to be down the times he is. At least we're not one of those teams with an AHL team across the continent...

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
gotta disagree here, doesn't suck for a 20 yr old, 8 weeks into his career, to get call-ups and game time
to me, this thinking is taking your eye off the prize
Exactly. Turn it around: they also could be sending him down for weeks at a time; instead, they're paying him the NHL rate every day they have a game/practice. That's great for a kid who just turned pro.

Reactions: egelband

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Glass half full vs glass half empty Case # 99999999999

th
th

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad