Recalled/Assigned: Tim Gettinger called Up

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
If he plays, Gettinger will be the first NYR 5th round pick since Nigel Dawes(2003) to play an NHL game with the Rangers.

He'll be the first NYR fifth rounder since Roman Horak (2008) to play in the NHL
But yea I think in the last few years the Rangers have been doing a lot better with their later picks. Some other great late picks in the last 3 drafts, while we don't know how they'll turn out yet, include guys like Gettinger Virta and Barron. Riley Hughes last year may also turn out to be a decent pick but the jury's still out

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband and Lays

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Fast?
But yea I think in the last few years the Rangers have been doing a lot better with their later picks. Some other great late picks in the last 3 drafts, while we don't know how they'll turn out yet, include guys like Gettinger Virta and Barron. Riley Hughes last year may also turn out to be a decent pick but the jury's still out

Fast was a 6th rounder. He didn’t say 5th or later. He just said 5th. By the way, I personally find it to be a pretty uninteresting piece of info.

Anyway, happy to see this. I had a sneaking suspicion for months, really since before the summer, that Gettinger has a better chance than he was being given credit for.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Fast was a 6th rounder. He didn’t say 5th or later. He just said 5th. By the way, I personally find it to be a pretty uninteresting piece of info.

Anyway, happy to see this. I had a sneaking suspicion for months, really since before the summer, that Gettinger has a better chance than he was being given credit for.
Oh I misread it

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
If he plays, Gettinger will be the first NYR 5th round pick since Nigel Dawes(2003) to play an NHL game with the Rangers.

He'll be the first NYR fifth rounder since Roman Horak (2008) to play in the NHL

So the Cup is ours?

Seriously though he looked great in pre-season. Not sure why his production in AHL is not higher, but I think this guy has a much better chance of being a goon NHLer than Horak or Dawes did.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
meanwhile Vinni is having a great time in the A. He has perhaps 1 more shot this season if an injury comes or next training camp to make it otherwise it's mom's spaghetti for him.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
meanwhile Vinni is having a great time in the A. He has perhaps 1 more shot this season if an injury comes or next training camp to make it otherwise it's mom's spaghetti for him.

The AHL is littered with tweeners that can dominate at that level but can’t compute the game or don’t have the speed at the nhl level to make an impact. He’s horrible

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
The AHL is littered with tweeners that can dominate at that level but can’t compute the game or don’t have the speed at the nhl level to make an impact. He’s horrible
What a thing to say. Yeesh. He may not be good enough but plenty of guys have heart and the willingness and ability to get better. To bury a guy at this point is nonsense. I don’t know. Did he do something to you?

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
What a thing to say. Yeesh. He may not be good enough but plenty of guys have heart and the willingness and ability to get better. To bury a guy at this point is nonsense. I don’t know. Did he do something to you?

He had to personally hurt me for me to think he’s not an nhler? Lol. Let’s not be tooooo dramatic. He’s not 20. Hes 23. He’s been horrific when given nhl chances. Just awful.

Reactions: RGY

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Per the Rangers APP he will be #25 in our programs.

Really proud of Gettinger even if this is just a cup of coffee. There are some later round picks on this board that we all kind of take an extra little interest in or liking to. Timmy Getts has been one for many.

I don't expect him to score, but hopefully he can be a cycling nightmare against the Caps D and pin them in the zone.

I said a few weeks ago the lineup I would like to see is the group now plus Buch, minus Zuc, with a fourth line of Gettinger-Lias-Fast.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
I get the sense he’s a guy that plays rough and doesn’t back down but isn’t a hothead. A smart but tough guy. I don’t know anyhow, just postulating.
You're right. Doesn't go looking for it but can handle himself. That scrap in the OHL last year was great.

Reactions: egelband

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
So the Cup is ours?

Seriously though he looked great in pre-season. Not sure why his production in AHL is not higher, but I think this guy has a much better chance of being a goon NHLer than Horak or Dawes did.

For a first year player and a former 5th round pick his AHL production has been very good. Not sure what your definition of a goon is? I mean Dawes? Horak? certainly weren't expected to drop gloves. They were more offensive players who never quite cut it as NHL'ers. Gettinger has great size but he's not really a fighter either. He did beat up Nathan Perrott's kid last year but Tim really had no choice with that one and he only fought once or twice a year. I see his top upside as a 3rd line NHL'er with size who can chip in offense, play with some physicality and help out the penalty kill but I don't expect to see him fighting a lot. It doesn't seem to be in his nature.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
My biggest thing with Get's has alway been his skating. He looks so mechanically slow, but he actually gets around well for a big guy. He didn't look behind the pace during the preseason, so let's hope he's able to roll with the Caps today. I know he'll probably get limited duty, but the Caps have a bunch of great skaters on their team, so he needs to make sure he's careful. Quinn having last change should help shelter him a bit.

Overall, I'm thrilled that this kid has already earned a cup of coffee in his first pro season.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00