Recalled/Assigned: Tim Gettinger called Up

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I take this news to mean Quinn wanted to scratch somebody.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I prefer Gettinger over Fogarty anyway but I wonder if Zuc isnt 100% and they are thinking he might not play. He didn't look good today.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Wow well deserved I did not think he’d ever get to the nhl level this kid worked really hard. Good for him

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016

Well, that's interesting. It doesn't seem the Rangers really care about having their contracts sliding an extra year though

Last edited:

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Never should have made him play. This should have been done when our spare forward went down. I don't recall Rammer f***ing up an injury status and assessment. Either Quinn is dependent on Zucc that he was willing to play him injured and at 50% or Zuccarello is being stubborn and trying to get back into the line up. I thought after the first time Zucc was "reinjured" they'd figure it out but apparently not. This recall of a player no one was expecting to get a shot a few hours after the game is not a healthy scratch option move. It's an oh shit Zucc wasn't ready and we made the same mistake trying to play him again, okay let's do what we should have done and call up........ uhhh...... Tim Gettinger.

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I don't think there's anything wrong with Zucc now, he hasn't played since Nov 6th so it's only natural to be a little rusty.
He did play on the 15th, but that was too soon.

This call up is probably because they want a 13th forward, Quinn has a little more room to sit a player if necessary.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
I don't think there's anything wrong with Zucc now, he hasn't played since Nov 6th so it's only natural to be a little rusty.
He did play on the 15th, but that was too soon.

This call up is probably because they want a 13th forward, Quinn has a little more room to sit a player if necessary.
You never think anything is wrong with Zuc.
They aren't going to call up a 20 year old in his first professional season just to keep him in the press box, someone is going to sit weather its injury or something else

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Just a precaution. Nobody knows how Zucc feels tomorrow, these groin strains can take a long time to heal.

Reactions: bernmeister

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
You never think anything is wrong with Zuc.
They aren't going to call up a 20 year old in his first professional season just to keep him in the press box, someone is going to sit weather its injury or something else

Fogerty could be an extra.

He kinda is what he is at this point. There isn't any worry about development stagnating with him.

I wish it was because they were trading a certain Hobbit but that should happen in time.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Means nothing

Zucc probably won’t play tomorrow. For some reason they allow him to continue to play when he’s clearly not 100%

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

Well, that's interesting. It doesn't seem the Rangers really care about having their contracts sliding an extra year though

I imagine they care more about him developing. He needs to be at this level getting used to the pace of the game. Right now, he isn't processing it fast enough, like Chytil wasn't at the beginning of the season. He'll get there.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad