Confirmed with Link: Tim Erixon traded to Chicago for Jeremy Morin

major major

Feb 18, 2013
This is the type of trade which should have been done in the first few weeks of the season.

Morin will definitely be an improvement upon Cracknell, Tropp, Gibbons and the other bottom 6 disasters on the CBJ.

Morin's stats haven't been much this year. In fact, they fit in quite well with the CBJ bottom 6 guys who have played 10 or more games.***That group is now scoreless in 126 man-games*** But, he did a PPG in the AHL which is no small feat. Check out his 5 vs. 5 points produced per minute last season:

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stat...+RW&f5=CHI&f7=20-&c=0+1+3+5+4+6+7+17+18+19+20

Best on the team for those who played 20 games or more.

So, we got a guy who outproduced Kane and Toews for Erixon.:laugh: Congrats, Jarmo. Better late than never.

I'm optimistic about the deal, but your next paragraph firmly undercuts anything "definitely" going to come from Morin.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Blake Comeau and Derek MacKenzie say thank you Kek, it wasn’t just us…. Talk about timing, win 6 and JD makes a move, lose 6 and moot... (JD is boss folks)

It’s been suspected for two years that Erixon was never really injured but the type of player the CBJ loathed.. Tropp and Boll are next…. Euro hockey rules in Columbus…

Kutter

Jan 27, 2008
Dublin
With the recent additions to the CBJ defense, as well as the issue with Goloubef being on a one-way deal, moving Erixon is not a big surprise. It would be interesting knowing the decision making process in terms of how the decision was made to move Erixon versus Goloubef. I suspect either potentially would have been moved and they ended up going with the deal that offered the best return.

Morin's upside remains TBD, but should offer a skill upgrade to our lineup, especially if Boll is taken out. While Modin may play higher in the lineup, being able to keep Skille in the lineup, add Modin, and take Boll out offers some potential goal scoring upside.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Blake Comeau and Derek MacKenzie say thank you Kek, it wasn’t just us…. Talk about timing, win 6 and JD makes a move, lose 6 and moot... (JD is boss folks)

It’s been suspected for two years that Erixon was never really injured but the type of player the CBJ loathed.. Tropp and Boll are next…. Euro hockey rules in Columbus…

What?

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio

Say what? :huh::huh:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

You know even though he's American born, Erixon is Swedish right? So that's a euro. This may be the most inaccurate post of all time, and with some of the characters here, that's saying something.

EDIT: even if you count Erixon as an American. Morin is also American. *shrug*.

Last edited:

major major

Feb 18, 2013

:huh: Erixon is pretty Euro-hockey.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Ooooh Robert's going to be pissed off.

When JD called me last season he all but told me Erixon was not his guy by saying he was injured when I knew he wasn't.....

Whatever, I hope Tim does well in Chicago with Patty, he's a good guy regardless of what some behind the scenes in Columbus may think...

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus

I think either you had a stroke posting this, or your post has given me one because I'm very confused.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
When JD called me last season he all but told me Erixon was not his guy by saying he was injured when I knew he wasn't.....

Whatever, I hope Tim does well in Chicago with Patty, he's a good guy regardless of what some behind the scenes in Columbus may think...

Actually, he was injured.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
And your MD is from what school??

How about you provide proof of him not being injured other than "I can tell!" When by all accounts, JD and the Springfield Falcons, that he was? Please tell me why they would lie about that.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
This is the type of trade which should have been done in the first few weeks of the season.

In the first few weeks of the season, things were very different. In particular:
  • We were looking at Erixon potentially taking that next step this year. (He took maybe a half-step.)
  • Deals were not available in general because everyone was gleefully offering us Random Depth Guys for Johansen and Jenner or similarly absurd one-sided deals.
  • We didn't have Connauton or Leopold.
If you stick your fingers in your ears and shout "LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU" long enough, then it may appear to make sense to fit this into a "Kekalainen is lazy/needs to step up" narrative, but it doesn't quite work that way. :)

* * *​

That actually makes a big difference as to what types of deals people are willing to make with you. If you're losing and thus could be seen as desperate, the vultures will be circling. After a six-game winning streak, folks are more prepared to be reasonable.

...what the actual ****?

* * *​
And your MD is from what school??

Probably the same place you got yours. ;)

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
In the first few weeks of the season, things were very different. In particular:
  • We were looking at Erixon potentially taking that next step this year. (He took maybe a half-step.)
  • Deals were not available in general because everyone was gleefully offering us Random Depth Guys for Johansen and Jenner or similarly absurd one-sided deals.
If you stick your fingers in your ears and shout "LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU" long enough, then it may appear to make sense to fit this into a "Kekalainen is lazy/needs to step up" narrative, but it doesn't quite work that way. :)

* * *​

That actually makes a big difference as to what types of deals people are willing to make with you. If you're losing and thus could be seen as desperate, the vultures will be circling. After a six-game winning streak, folks are more prepared to be reasonable.

...what the actual ****?

* * *​

Probably the same place you got yours. ;)

No MD but post graduate study in Clinical Laboratory science including autopsy... Whatever, I miss you Viqsi...

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
No MD but post graduate study in Clinical Laboratory science including autopsy... Whatever, I miss you Viqsi...
And I have a scout's first aid merit badge, but that doesn't necessarily entitle me to advance silly conspiracy theories, especially when they're based on misrepresenting someone's country of origin. :)

The front office has worried about players' development before. Remember early on when it seemed like Savard was going to be traded Any Day Now, and then he started to step up? Erixon hasn't stepped up. He's taken little baby steps here and there, but that's all. He's still got great upside and will probably be a very good complete hockey player sometime, but we were running out of time and space to accommodate his development needs. It happens - heck, that's where the Blackhawks were with Morin, which is what makes this trade such a nice setup.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I've stayed at a Holiday Inn Express before. And I read up on the topic of "injury" on Wikipedia. So I'm pretty much a brain surgeon.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
And I have a scout's first aid merit badge, but that doesn't necessarily entitle me to advance silly conspiracy theories, especially when they're based on misrepresenting someone's country of origin. :)

The front office has worried about players' development before. Remember early on when it seemed like Savard was going to be traded Any Day Now, and then he started to step up? Erixon hasn't stepped up. He's taken little baby steps here and there, but that's all. He's still got great upside and will probably be a very good complete hockey player sometime, but we were running out of time and space to accommodate his development needs. It happens - heck, that's where the Blackhawks were with Morin, which is what makes this trade such a nice setup.

Ok.... and sound reasoning, but I will be watching Tim when he plays the CBJ next.... I liked the guy, not much different than some in the CBJ organization that you have liked... ;)

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada

Pretty much. I like Erixon more then most I think and think he'll find his way given a full time chance but at the same time a lot of Chicago fans had the exact same thoughts on Morin. Basically 2 teams trading guys to fill more of a need and give each guy more of a chance to show if they have what it takes or not

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

Whatever. Keep apologizing for his ridiculous inaction if it makes you feel better. I guess in your limited vision that all deals had to revolve around Erixon.

How's your boy RJ doing in Philly? Is he the second or third liner you were insistent that he was last season? Is he gonna step it up real soon:laugh:

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008

You're assuming, again, that this deal was available - or, that JK knew which D-man did't fit. Also, Connughton and Leopold weren't here. So I assume you were ok moving Erixon or some other D so we could ride guys iike St. Denis or Madaisky for a good stretch during the injuries? and you're assuming that this would have somehow helped?

Not crazy with Tropp or Cracknell, but Gibbons has actually rounded into a decent player these last few weeks. I like the pressure he puts on defenses with his speed. At any rate, I strongly disagree that he's some sort of disaster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad