Confirmed with Link: Tim Erixon traded to Chicago for Jeremy Morin

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
I like this trade and wish the best to Erixon.

So, we have a billion forwards now. What do we do with them?

ClevelandJacketFan

Awesome Mascots!
Nov 1, 2007
...Really?
I really liked Erixon and will definitely miss him. I thought we could use a more mobile defender in our lineup.

I have no thoughts about Morin because I've never seen him play nor have I heard much from him. I see he is a bigger forward, so he definitely fits that profile. Hopefully he's good.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Looks like Morin needed a change of scenery too. 0 points in 15 games this season but did have 11 in 24 games last year.

Definitely better than a mid to late round pick that a bunch of people seemed to think Erixon was worth.

CoachQ

Aug 23, 2014
Tinley Park, IL.
Morin had a good stretch for us last year when we had a rash of injuries. Had about 6 or 7 goalsin the last quarter of the season. Has the potential to be a 20 goal scorer but has to play in the top six. Didn't play on the pp or pk at all. Has a pretty good shot and is not afraid to go into high traffic areas. I don't follow it but I think he has had pretty good Corsi numbers so a lot of stats guys were very upset when he was benched.

Erixon from what I've read is a more mobile defenseman correct. What are his strengths/weaknesses in your opinions?

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Looks like Morin needed a change of scenery too. 0 points in 15 games this season but did have 11 in 24 games last year.

Definitely better than a mid to late round pick that a bunch of people seemed to think Erixon was worth.

He has done well in the AHL too. Hopefully, he takes advantage of the chance he is being given.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I know I like Erixon more than most, but this is probably a good trade.

Me too re Erixon and hopefully he develops for the Blackhawks.

I'll reserve judgement on the trade for awhile. Morin seems like he could be another banger type F - maybe Jenner like with a bit less offense and a bit more nastiness?. I think we still lack the skill guy that could really upgrade this team but we weren't going to get him for Tim Erixon.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Morin had a good stretch for us last year when we had a rash of injuries. Had about 6 or 7 goalsin the last quarter of the season. Has the potential to be a 20 goal scorer but has to play in the top six. Didn't play on the pp or pk at all. Has a pretty good shot and is not afraid to go into high traffic areas. I don't follow it but I think he has had pretty good Corsi numbers so a lot of stats guys were very upset when he was benched.

Erixon from what I've read is a more mobile defenseman correct. What are his strengths/weaknesses in your opinions?

He's a good decision maker.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Has Rychel been sent down yet? One solution there. Any chance we throw Troop or Cracknell on waivers/send them down?

They don't have to make any moves just yet until Tyutin gets activated. That could be real soon. I would assume a forward will go down when that happens since I'm not convinced the team is ready to make a decision on another d just yet since they are on the verge of having 8 out 9 healthy.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I haven't read the whole topic but the Hawks board says Morin's agent requested a trade out of Chicago.

http://chicagosuntimes.com/sports/sources-jeremy-morin-wants-blackhawks-to-play-him-or-trade-him/

Definitely looks like a similar situation to Erixon. I wouldn't be surprised if Erixon's agent was asking the same thing behind closed doors. Or at least getting to the point of asking soon.

I certainly hope he earns his way into the lineup here. I can imagine if he starts getting regular scratchings in the CBJ lineup it could be an issue. On the plus side, the CBJ certainly aren't as deep as the Blackhawks at forward so he should have every opportunity to prove he belongs.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad