Confirmed with Link: Tim Erixon traded to Chicago for Jeremy Morin

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
So with nice chunk of games how are you guys liking Morin?

Erixon is nothing special and is #7 defender here. Honestly I would like to see him waived and kid or vet via trade in that role

he looks pretty good. not great but pretty good. his first couple games here he had a pretty big impact, then he got promoted to the first line and wasn't making as much of an impact. last game he ended up on the 4th line and may have only played one shift in the third period. Overall, I am excited to see what he can do. He seems to have very good offensive instincts and a good shot, but he has yet to really produce here. He will most likely settle on our 2nd or, more likely, our 3rd line with 2nd pp time.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
So with nice chunk of games how are you guys liking Morin?

Erixon is nothing special and is #7 defender here. Honestly I would like to see him waived and kid or vet via trade in that role

Morin is the equal to Skille and basically the equal to Erixon. Shows some flashes, but at the end of the day, nothing special. Middle 6 on a good day.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Morin is the equal to Skille and basically the equal to Erixon. Shows some flashes, but at the end of the day, nothing special. Middle 6 on a good day.

Which is really depressing, considering that I thought he'd come in to Columbus with an optimistic attitude... a fresh start. and take it by storm. disappointed thus far.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Which is really depressing, considering that I thought he'd come in to Columbus with an optimistic attitude... a fresh start. and take it by storm. disappointed thus far.

Why would those things lead to performance or numbers? I'm sure he is optimistic. He did get a fresh start. He's just not doing all that well despite fairly good opportunities yet. Of course you're disappointed - you thought being thrust into a new situation with a new attitude would result in instant success. You set yourself up for it.

He seems to have yet to find a good fit. I'm not sure what his ceiling is, but considering he was brought in to replace a guy who couldn't get on the ice, him playing in and of itself is a bit of a successful payoff. Hopefully he produces soon. I agree with the other poster - he reminds me mostly of Skille with a lesser shot.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Why would those things lead to performance or numbers? I'm sure he is optimistic. He did get a fresh start. He's just not doing all that well despite fairly good opportunities yet. Of course you're disappointed - you thought being thrust into a new situation with a new attitude would result in instant success. You set yourself up for it.

He seems to have yet to find a good fit. I'm not sure what his ceiling is, but considering he was brought in to replace a guy who couldn't get on the ice, him playing in and of itself is a bit of a successful payoff. Hopefully he produces soon. I agree with the other poster - he reminds me mostly of Skille with a lesser shot.

Not that the end result will be much different in terms of scoring (I have no idea yet), but Skille and Morin are very different players. Morin has better stickhandling, vision and passing, the sort of things that make players around him better. Skille on the other hand.. If he isn't the sniper on his line then he's dragging it down.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Not that the end result will be much different in terms of scoring (I have no idea yet), but Skille and Morin are very different players. Morin has better stickhandling, vision and passing, the sort of things that make players around him better. Skille on the other hand.. If he isn't the sniper on his line then he's dragging it down.

I've yet to see any of these skills from Morin in a CBJ uniform.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
watch him a bit more...I've seen some really nice passes from him...just think we haven't found the right chemistry for him...

ok, I'll take your word for it. I at least was hoping he was someone on the level of a scottie upshall or similar, but I just don't see it. I don't really think he has a big league shot, either. So far, anyway.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
ok, I'll take your word for it. I at least was hoping he was someone on the level of a scottie upshall or similar, but I just don't see it. I don't really think he has a big league shot, either. So far, anyway.

he's probably a 3rd scoring line player at best...but yeah...i figured he'd do more...we'll see if he gets it going or if he's sent away again...

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Same could be said for several forwards on this team. Hence the team's terrible goal differential.

Definitely true for a few guys. Though I'm not even sure I'd say that Calvert, Atkinson, Skille, any of our other depth guys are actually playing well even. Just all around ineffectual.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008

No one's on that low of a level.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Morin is doing close to nothing.... I'm an admitted Erixon apologist.... It is funny watching the current glut of CBJ defenseman fumble the puck in our end and struggle to handle the puck..... lol

Nice move John, the guy must have dated your daughter... :sarcasm:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Morin is doing close to nothing.... I'm an admitted Erixon apologist.... It is funny watching the current glut of CBJ defenseman fumble the puck in our end and struggle to handle the puck..... lol

Nice move John, the guy must have dated your daughter... :sarcasm:

Considering how a Chicago fan has said Erixon has done **** all there, I'm sure he wouldn't be doing **** all here either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad