Tribute Tim Connolly

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I always wonder what could have been if Briere had been re-signed in 07. Connolly never was meant to be a 1C because of durability, not talent. Roy, on the other hand, was just never meant to be a 1C in general. Drury can kick rocks but the offensive juggernaut of Briere-Connolly-Roy as the spine of our offense is fascinating.

I also wish they had found a way to pair Vanek with Connolly and Kotalik as a line just to see what he could create between them. Instead Ruff would play him with stone-hands Paille quite a bit in 07-08 and so many opportunities were wasted.

IDK if he is even approaching a top-20, let alone top-10, player before Schaefer's hit but Timmy really committed himself to playing much better two-way hockey at that time and deserves credit for that. He was one of the few guys during the beginning of the doldrums who was not afraid of the moment and he could be absolutely devastating on the PP or any odd-man rush.

He's my favorite player ever and I do unironically see a flash of his game in Mitts. It's always a nice luxury to have a supremely skilled guy behind more of a work-horse center or two.

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
About 20 mins into the interview and its great to see Connolly coming out of his shell and opening up to the boys. interview starts at 2:22:53

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
at first I thought he died.

Tim Connelly could have been one of the best if it wasn't for injuries. The playoff series against Ottawa was incredible. I could watch this 10x and still not be bored.

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
at first I thought he died.

Tim Connelly could have been one of the best if it wasn't for injuries. The playoff series against Ottawa was incredible. I could watch this 10x and still not be bored.

My God, I still can't believe that the NHL went from ESPN to Outdoor Life Network. How is this league still alive?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad