Tie Domi

Leafslet

Oct 19, 2011
TO
for the leafs? no. he was at certain parts of his nhl career, but on the leafs he did develop a decent role where he contributed offensively.

we also have to remember the era when he played on the leafs, the late 90s-early 00s, which was offensively stifling. so, no.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Best game Domi ever played in his life was a playoff game against NJ.

With minutes left and the game in hand, he took out Scott Neidermayer and was suspended, ending his chance at being considered seriously as a player.
He was for sure going to be a star of the game and he threw it away.

Tie could skate, hit and protect but had poor on-ice vision and shooting.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
One of my favourite 4th lines will always be:

Valk-MaCauley-Domi. Was very effective.

Anything Domi did of merit was wiped out for me in his latter years, when he cozied up to Tannenbaum and crossed boundaries. His arrogance and douchebaggery were staggering.

Can’t stand him since and part of why I’ve never wanted Max on the Leafs. Tie would make Paul Marner look like a choirboy by comparison.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
He absolutely could play, great wheels, responsible defensively, could keep plays going and his motor was perhaps higher than a Hyman, which is saying something. No real finjish, but he wasn’t simply a goon.

Reactions: Ciao

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Underrated as a player as well as being the best pound-for-pound fighter I've ever witnessed. I've hated him ever since the Neidermeyer incident. Some things are unforgivable.

Reactions: slozo and Pookie

Mad hatter

Go Leafs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Acton Ontario
The perpetrator of arguably the gutless cheap shots in the game.
He did give out some pretty nasty cheap shots but that era of hockey was full of players that did. He could play the game though and when he kept the crazy in check was quite a valuable player.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
He did give out some pretty nasty cheap shots but that era of hockey was full of players that did. He could play the game though and when he kept the crazy in check was quite a valuable player.

On the Neidermayer hit... he became quite valuable for the Devils.

Reactions: thinkblue

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Safe to say a player offers at least something more if he plays just over 1000 regular season games. He was an effective enough fourth liner that obviously brought quite the physical presence.

Reactions: Lolonegoal

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
The Devils sure as hell milked that for every point they could. Of course, I always found it funny that Nied's "serious concussion" disappeared just in time for him to start the next series...

Who knows how hurt he was. Was there a concussion protocol and knowledge back in 2001?

Quite a few players “got their bell rung” and went back out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad