Tickets Thread

Ron*

Just got an e-mail from the Kings. I won't be copying and pasting because its a nightmare with all the links and passwords in it, but here is some information that some of you have been asking:

STH will have the option to purchase additional game tickets to all games with a very tiny 4 hour window on Monday. We can only buy 8 additional seats for each game except for the opener, in which case we can buy 2 additional seats.

I imagine these will run out quickly and will sell at a premium on the secondary markets. I am not sure I will participate, usually these prices are through the roof and I usually give away seats anyway.

So it does appear that for the opener maybe some tickets will be available. Who knows?

Ron*

Oh, there is a special open practice on Monday, January 14, at 7:00 p.m.

[FONT=&quot]To thank you for your patience and support, we invite you to a complimentary [FONT=&quot]open practice[/FONT] on Monday, January 14th starting at 7:00pm at STAPLES Center. This event will be open to the public, however Season Ticket Members will have an exclusive window to download their normal regular season ticket seats from Saturday, January 12th at 10:00pm until Sunday, January 13th at 2:00pm. After 2:00pm on January 13th, we will be releasing any tickets not downloaded for general public access.
[/FONT]

Ron*

[FONT=&quot]
Opening Game
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

In addition to raising the Stanley Cup Championship Banner, we are planning many exciting activities for January 19th, including the player ring ceremony, a Stanley Cup appearance, a fan fest, and more. Make sure to arrive very early to take part in all of the festivities!
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Ron*

Not much else of note. For those of you who did not receive this e-mail, and concerned about the first few games, the season ticket booklet will not be available in time.

Instead, there is a download option you must use in order to get tickets to the first few games (game by game, I presume).

123slam

Dec 28, 2006
So will the general public be able to purchase tickets on Monday as well?

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
So will the general public be able to purchase tickets on Monday as well?

Yes at 6pm. Per the Kings twitter feed.

Actually, sign up for the Kings e-News and get in early ...

2013 Single Game Presale: eNews subscribers will have access to a presale Monday, 1/14 from 4pm - 6pm PT. Click here and enter password: XXXXXXX.

Tickets will go on sale to general public at 6pm.

Click here to sign-up for pre-sale access to the 2012-13 Single Game Tickets.

Single Game Tickets will go on sale to eNews subscribers prior to tickets being available to the general public.

I'll be in this group :( ... lots of luck to anyone trying to get Opening day tickets this way though, I doubt you see 1 pair that will go through past 4pm. STH and large Account holders will snatch them all up and sell them at double-triple-and more over face value. :cry:

If anyone wants to hook a Kings GDT Making Fool up with a pair please PM me :) but I won't be holding my breath :help:

Last edited:

kMa7z1

Apr 13, 2010
Does anyone know anything about the American Express presale? My parents have an AMEX card, does anyone know if that is enough to get access to the presale and/or how?

Thanks!

Ron*

Does anyone know anything about the American Express presale? My parents have an AMEX card, does anyone know if that is enough to get access to the presale and/or how?

Thanks!

If your folks have an American Express Card, AND there is a pre-sale, then they do get that priority. I was able to get Metallica tickets that way a few years ago.

The problem is, American Express is notoriously bad at following up with e-mail notifications. (At least, that was my experience.) For other events, I had to "guess" that AMEX had a presale to a certain event...that is how I got my daughter tickets to the upcoming Maroon 5 concert at Staples. But I never got e-mail notification of this.

kMa7z1

Apr 13, 2010
If your folks have an American Express Card, AND there is a pre-sale, then they do get that priority. I was able to get Metallica tickets that way a few years ago.

The problem is, American Express is notoriously bad at following up with e-mail notifications. (At least, that was my experience.) For other events, I had to "guess" that AMEX had a presale to a certain event...that is how I got my daughter tickets to the upcoming Maroon 5 concert at Staples. But I never got e-mail notification of this.

Got it. Thanks. According to Ticketmaster it looks like there will be an AMEX presale starting tomorrow morning at 10:00 PST. I don't think my parents have heard anything at all though.

Onsale to General Public
Start: Mon, 01/14/13 06:00 PM PST

American Express
Start: Sun, 01/13/13 10:00 AM PST
End: Mon, 01/14/13 05:59 PM PST

STM Presale
Start: Mon, 01/14/13 12:00 PM PST

General Presale
Start: Mon, 01/14/13 04:00 PM PST

SCARFACE909

Feb 20, 2012
Tickets are on sale at Barrys and Stubhub for saturday and the cheapest of them both is stubhub at 134.00 a ticket for the 300 levels, if that's how much they'll be with the ticketmaster american express sale tomorrow, I may not be able to afford to go with my brother :(

Dooney

Jan 12, 2005
On the move
If anyone is willing to sell 2 additional tickets in premier or lower secctions, hit me up. I get terrible panic attacks when I am up in the 300's.

I would be very grateful.:)

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005
not to be a wet blanket but don't count on any tickets being available Monday for opening night. There were almost none available back in September for the original opening night when tix went on sale for STHs, and that was at playoff-level prices. Since anyone who bought tix for that game still has those seats for Saturday's game, I doubt there will be anything available. If you can get $134 from Stubhub, I'd grab it.

SCARFACE909

Feb 20, 2012
not to be a wet blanket but don't count on any tickets being available Monday for opening night. There were almost none available back in September for the original opening night when tix went on sale for STHs, and that was at playoff-level prices. Since anyone who bought tix for that game still has those seats for Saturday's game, I doubt there will be anything available. If you can get $134 from Stubhub, I'd grab it.

Being a 20 year old college student with no job at the moment, it's kind of tight financially for me to spend that much for one ticket to a regular season game even if raising banner.

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005
Being a 20 year old college student with no job at the moment, it's kind of tight financially for me to spend that much for one ticket to a regular season game even if raising banner.

totally understand - buy some beers and watch it on tv :yo:

I can't remember the exact prices but I think the face value on 300 seats for opening night was ~$100 - like I said it was similar to the playoffs

SCARFACE909

Feb 20, 2012
totally understand - buy some beers and watch it on tv :yo:

I can't remember the exact prices but I think the face value on 300 seats for opening night was ~$100 - like I said it was similar to the playoffs

If ticketmaster american express pre-sale can be just a shade under 100$ I could do it, if not I'll just see if my brother wants to have an afternoon BBQ instead, though.

LadyKing17

Apr 4, 2011
Santa Clarita
I like to think I'm a fairly intelligent person, but for the life of me I can't quite grasp how it works that stubhub has tickets for sale when the Kings haven't even officially put them on sale yet. Am I missing something?

Season ticket holders already selling their tickets? I honestly don't really understand how season tickets work, not being a holder of one myself :(, so I guess if they already have access to their own tickets, that would make sense.

Last edited:

Ron*

I like to think I'm a fairly intelligent person, but for the life of me I can't quite grasp how it works that stubhub has tickets for sale when the Kings haven't even officially put them on sale yet. Am I missing something?

Season ticket holders already selling their tickets? I honestly don't really understand how season tickets work, not being a holder of one myself :(, so I guess if they already have access to their own tickets, that would make sense.

StubHub currently has games listed from the old schedule, the schedule that was cancelled. I have no idea why this is...I don't own StubHub, but if I did, some webmasters might be looking for work tomorrow.

LadyKing17

Apr 4, 2011
Santa Clarita
StubHub currently has games listed from the old schedule, the schedule that was cancelled. I have no idea why this is...I don't own StubHub, but if I did, some webmasters might be looking for work tomorrow.

Lol yeah, those were up for a while... but there are actually now tickets to the Chicago at LA game on the 19th listed.

Ron*

Okay, I am an STH and I haven't received my tickets yet, so I don't believe that those are STH selling those tickets.

The only thing I can think of is the Kings kept a small amount of tickets for the secondary market. And it shows StubHub (one of many secondary market brokers) has 246 tickets for sale. Now, this can be a state of flux, as the same tickets are sold on different web sites (I think they all go through a central repository, not sure how it completely works), there is a lot of overlap.

I for one think ticket brokers should be illegal. But its a free country.

Ron*

Okay, I just checked it out, apparently I can go ahead and sell my tickets online even though I don't have them yet.

I guess its based on the honor system...so yeah, STH are already selling their tickets. :sigh:

123slam

Dec 28, 2006
I'm a sth and will be selling mine. And all other games. If anyone is interested pm me.

Hey, can you please let me know about the tickets you are selling for the home opener? Long time fan, but I have no hook ups or anything due to not being a STH. I will be forever grateful to see our Kings raise our first banner. Thanks a bunch :)

GO KINGS!!!!

Wildturkey12

Do It!
Oct 20, 2010
L.A.
Looks like the Amex presale was sold out before it even started. They didnt even have the 600 dollar tickets available, not like I would have bought those anyways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad