OT: Ticket thread 2022 - 2023 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
On the phone right now with the attorney general’s office. Live nation sent me a 1099k with completely wrong numbers. WAY overcharged. Didn’t even come close to what they are saying. Time to raise hell

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
On the phone right now with the attorney general’s office. Live nation sent me a 1099k with completely wrong numbers. WAY overcharged. Didn’t even come close to what they are saying. Time to raise hell
I’m not sure about this, but I think that they included the fees that the buyer paid in the gross sales they reported. I asked them for a report that details the sale info they have reported. They said that they don’t do that. F*ng idiots.

What resulted from your chat with the AG?

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Add me to the list of LiveNation numbers that don't add up

and even worse..the 1099 reflects the gross sales revenue. to get to your true taxable income you need to have kept the receipts showing what the seats originally cost ....all that is taxable is the difference the cost of the seat and the resulting sales revenue ( after fees)

depending on the number of seats you sold the number can be significant

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Add me to the list of LiveNation numbers that don't add up

and even worse..the 1099 reflects the gross sales revenue. to get to your true taxable income you need to have kept the receipts showing what the seats originally cost ....all that is taxable is the difference the cost of the seat and the resulting sales revenue ( after fees)

depending on the number of seats you sold the number can be significant
It’s saying $685 on the 1099k when I paid $560 for them.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
My best friend is dealing with an erroneous 1099K from Paypal and I sent her these on what to do with it since paypal refuses to fix it

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
My best friend is dealing with an erroneous 1099K from Paypal and I sent her these on what to do with it since paypal refuses to fix it

So if I’m reading this correctly, the 1099k generated if under $20,000(mine was $685) is delayed by a year. Meaning I wouldn’t have to claim it for this year but in the future I would because they delayed the law a year?

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
So if I’m reading this correctly, the 1099k generated if under $20,000(mine was $685) is delayed by a year. Meaning I wouldn’t have to claim it for this year but in the future I would because they delayed the law a year?
The federal requirement is delayed a year. But for the past few years Massachusetts (and Vermont) has a $600 state limit while the federal has been 200 transactions and $20,000 in sales.

So you need to report it on your state taxes. I’ve never gotten a straight answer if the 1099k has been going to the IRS also. As Alicat stated you need to talk to a tax professional or you need to decide how to handle the reporting yourself.

Reactions: GlenFeatherstone

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The federal requirement is delayed a year. But for the past few years Massachusetts (and Vermont) has a $600 state limit while the federal has been 200 transactions and $20,000 in sales.

So you need to report it on your state taxes. I’ve never gotten a straight answer if the 1099k has been going to the IRS also. As Alicat stated you need to talk to a tax professional or you need to decide how to handle the reporting yourself.
I have not yet received a 1099k and I live in NH.

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
I have not yet received a 1099k and I live in NH.
I don’t think that you will get a 1099k this year. The $600 threshold is in Massachusetts and Vermont.

The federal requirement is $600 beginning next year. It was supposed to start in tax year 2022 but it was delayed a year.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I don’t think that you will get a 1099k this year. The $600 threshold is in Massachusetts and Vermont.

The federal requirement is $600 beginning next year. It was supposed to start in tax year 2022 but it was delayed a year.
Good to know. Thanks !

Malky

Feb 21, 2020
Anyone selling 2 tickets for Rangers game on March 4th please?
Cheers.

dans1982

Feb 26, 2023
anyone hear anything about season ticket renewals for next season yet? feels like we are getting later into the year than usual

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
With the bad weather tonight and tomorrow, if anyone doesn't feel like braving the elements to get into the game and wants to sell, please pm me.

Even if you decide at the last minute.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: sooshii

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad