OT: Ticket thread 2022 - 2023 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

busman21

Dec 11, 2006
Boston
Not any upgrades available from my row 5 corner balcony in same price point but if willing to jump up a level in price have to say was some actual decent options for once. The price jump in tickets this year though really seemed to widen the gap of upcharge when jumping the price points though

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Where are you all moving to?

I have never done it.
I opt in to select-a-seat in case a surprise location pops up but it has been years since I have seen anything I like better than my current location so I usually end up not moving.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I opt in to select-a-seat in case a surprise location pops up but it has been years since I have seen anything I like better than my current location so I usually end up not moving.
Where are your seats? (Sorry if you already told me)

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Where are your seats? (Sorry if you already told me)
Loge 9 Row 26. Why I like them so much and makes it hard to move from:

Shoot 2x end

Last row of the Loge which is hard to beat because it is high enough where there is no glass obstruction, and when I have a tall person in front of me (which happens often because I'm so damn short) I can stand or sit on top of the folded seat to see over them

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Loge 9 Row 26. Why I like them so much and makes it hard to move from:

Shoot 2x end

Last row of the Loge which is hard to beat because it is high enough where there is no glass obstruction, and when I have a tall person in front of me (which happens often because I'm so damn short) I can stand or sit on top of the folded seat to see over them
The top ( 26) and bottom row (22) of the old premium seats are really the pick of the litter....the top gives you the opportunity to stand while the first has a drink ledge and 3-4 more inches of leg room ..add in the shoots 2x factor and hard to ever leave

My wife picked row 22 back in 2008- we have been there ever since

Reactions: Ladyfan

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
The top ( 26) and bottom row (22) of the old premium seats are really the pick of the litter....the top gives you the opportunity to stand while the first has a drink ledge and 3-4 more inches of leg room ..add in the shoots 2x factor and hard to ever leave

My wife picked row 22 back in 2008- we have been there ever since
I used to be in row 22 on the shoot 1X end. I miss the ledge and the little extra leg room, but I got lucky with the musical chairs Select-A-Seat back when they were done in person when I got my current seats. I think I just beat out someone that was heading toward them.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I used to be in row 22 on the shoot 1X end. I miss the ledge and the little extra leg room, but I got lucky with the musical chairs Select-A-Seat back when they were done in person when I got my current seats. I think I just beat out someone that was heading toward them.
We cannot see the far corner because the Bruins get in our way, but I love our seats. I wish they were not so expensive. Now that I am retired I have much less $$$. They are doing their best to price us out.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
We cannot see the far corner because the Bruins get in our way, but I love our seats. I wish they were not so expensive. Now that I am retired I have much less $$$. They are doing their best to price us out.
They half priced me out this time. I had a nice second pair of balcony seats that went to family, friends, sometimes I used them, and some resales. Each season as prices increased I considered dropping them but I hung onto them, but I dropped them after this price increase. Not complaining about having to drop a second pair because many can't afford to go to only a few games during the season. Only point I'm trying to make is that being priced out is more reality than theory if the double digit increases continue.

Last edited:

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
I shared a pair of seats in Loge 9 Row 26 with two co-workers. I gave up my share around 2015 I think, I needed the money for other things. The other two people on the tickets: one took a job elsewhere and one passed away.
I still have my signed Bergeron stick that I got as a STH back years ago. I also got to take my brother, a true Bruins fanatic, skating on the Garden ice a couple of times too. He was thrilled and I'm glad he was able to have that experience before he died.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I shared a pair of seats in Loge 9 Row 26 with two co-workers. I gave up my share around 2015 I think, I needed the money for other things. The other two people on the tickets: one took a job elsewhere and one passed away.
I still have my signed Bergeron stick that I got as a STH back years ago. I also got to take my brother, a true Bruins fanatic, skating on the Garden ice a couple of times too. He was thrilled and I'm glad he was able to have that experience before he died.
I remember meeting you at a few games!

Reactions: ProdigalFan

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I just got home from my yearly appointment with my finance / retirement guy.

I told him about having to pay federal taxes for tickets sold starting next tax season.

He said I would only have to pay on what extra I made (If my ticket cost 200 and I sell for 300 I only will be taxed on 100)

This is good news.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Yes you pay tax on net profit. Create a spreadsheet to keep track of gross sale, selling fees, face value of the tickets, and net profit. Keep in mind that on your TM resales the TM 1099-K does not match your gross sales amount because they include in the gross sales the fees that the buyer pays which you are not getting.

The TM emails shows gross sale, seller fees, and net amount. One suggestion is that when you get the TM email with the details of your sale print it out. Give the print outs to your tax professional or use it yourself if you do your own taxes, and with that info you can figure out the buyer fees that need to be backed out from the gross amount that is on the 1099-K.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Yes you pay tax on net profit. Create a spreadsheet to keep track of gross sale, selling fees, face value of the tickets, and net profit. Keep in mind that on your TM resales the TM 1099-K does not match your gross sales amount because they include in the gross sales the fees that the buyer pays which you are not getting.

The TM emails shows gross sale, seller fees, and net amount. One suggestion is that when you get the TM email with the details of your sale print it out. Give the print outs to your tax professional or use it yourself if you do your own taxes, and with that info you can figure out the buyer fees that need to be backed out from the gross amount that is on the 1099-K.
Thanks for all of the advice!

I already started my excel sheet!

Reactions: ProdigalFan

LetsGoBruins97

May 17, 2022
Arlington, VA
Would people recommend scooping up Game 7 tickets now or waiting until day of game? Thinking in terms of price. Right now tickets are listed at around $300-$400 for balcony. Do they usually drop the day of the game?

Also, if anyone has any leads on tickets for Game 7 please let me know.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Would people recommend scooping up Game 7 tickets now or waiting until day of game? Thinking in terms of price. Right now tickets are listed at around $300-$400 for balcony. Do they usually drop the day of the game?

Game 7 will be expensive! 300-400 isn't bad. If you don't buy them now Leaf fans will.

Reactions: wintersej

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008

Hard to say but I don't think you will find an "inexpensive" Game 7 ticket. Prices for last night kept going down as the game time approached but a Game 1 is different than a Game 7. My suggestion is to set your budget and buy when you see something you want at your budget price. Then don't look at prices after you buy because if they go down you will be upset.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad