OT: Ticket Thread - 2021/22 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
We're not renewing.

The main reason is that we're just not at a point in our life anymore where shelling out that kind of money makes sense when we have dreams of renovating our house and buying a second home at some point. We're also not at the point where going to multiple hockey games per week works for our lifestyle with work, etc.

A big part of the joy of having tickets was who was around you, and we've seen turnover for all but 1 seatmate. The bars and restaurants before and after the games with friends you make. Who knows what that will all look like.

However the terrible new seats, our seat location being moved due to the balcony reconfiguration, severe reduction of perks to be basically nothing, steady seat increases, and poor communication from the team during the pandemic all played a significant role as well.

It was fun, but it's time to move on. Hopefully we'll be able to snag a 10-game pack.

I think of it the same way, but just feel like I could sell all the games I don't go to. Once your seats are gone, they are gone, and re-entry becomes prohibitively expensive. I too feel, like maybe it's time to move on as I don't have the youthful obsessiveness that i once had, but I can still go to a bunch of games and enjoy it and sell the rest. Just a different perspective than it was 10 years ago when the people in your section were friends/family

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I think of it the same way, but just feel like I could sell all the games I don't go to. Once your seats are gone, they are gone, and re-entry becomes prohibitively expensive. I too feel, like maybe it's time to move on as I don't have the youthful obsessiveness that i once had, but I can still go to a bunch of games and enjoy it and sell the rest. Just a different perspective than it was 10 years ago when the people in your section were friends/family

Yeah, we considered that, and it's the reason we ended up renewing last year when we were on the fence. Definitely tough to get back into it for sure.

I can't overstate how much I hate the new f***ing seats. I hate them. HATE. THEM.

We had always said as long as we could sell games we didn't want to go to and break even, we'd keep them. Well, that changed a bit as we got older...a rough day at work might mean not wanting to go to a game we had planned on, and stressing about unloading it. Not to mention the new laws around ticket reselling on StubHub, etc. While we sold mostly at face value and broke even overall, because we sold over the minimum to report it, it ended up affecting our taxes even though we didn't really make money on them. As friends and family get older, we can't rely on them to take as many off our hands either and need to turn to the open market.

Tough call, but it's the right one for us.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
I think a lot of us are looking at next year as a make it break it year..,we just let our money slide to 21-22 so for us it feels like a " free" look at whether to continue as STHs

on ice- we have to wonder where the Bs will stack up- wins and losses aside, right now the type of game they are playing is less than entertaining. They can't always be a top team but playing without passion will continue to turn a lot of us off

off ice- and this may actually be a bigger consideration. How will the feel of the Garden be when we return?....is the ice still crappy, is the music too loud, is the food still bad ....and that's before we get to the cramped seats, friends being moved to other locations and a general feeling of a poorly run operation doing the minimum needed.

lots of things for management to consider - I have been saying for several years if the on ice product were to waver the off-ice management has no chance of keeping STHs. It's funny to be talking about next year while in the middle of a run to the playoffs....I think it is indicative of people's expectations for both this year and next

redline76

Nov 14, 2008
We're not renewing.

The main reason is that we're just not at a point in our life anymore where shelling out that kind of money makes sense when we have dreams of renovating our house and buying a second home at some point. We're also not at the point where going to multiple hockey games per week works for our lifestyle with work, etc.

A big part of the joy of having tickets was who was around you, and we've seen turnover for all but 1 seatmate. The bars and restaurants before and after the games with friends you make. Who knows what that will all look like.

However the terrible new seats, our seat location being moved due to the balcony reconfiguration, severe reduction of perks to be basically nothing, steady seat increases, and poor communication from the team during the pandemic all played a significant role as well.

It was fun, but it's time to move on. Hopefully we'll be able to snag a 10-game pack.

For me I have had tickets up in the balcony either sharing or owning since 2001. like you the reason I basically go is the people in my section who have become good friends. Over the years more have left and the reasons are the same. The price continues to increase and not jus the price of the ticket. The cost of just going to the Garden is now extremely high. Last few years i've found it cheaper to eat a ticket than pay to go especially when the secondary market (and the bruins themselves) dump cheap tickets on the market. After the renovation they moved us over by 1 seat which may sound minor to my ticket partner it was not as he had specifically requested an aisle seat for his wife who has a disability. The BO didn't seem to care much so he ended up selling all his games and then didn't renew. I am about 80% not renew right now especially with that 1$ ticket increase email I got. By their actions I think they would prefer to usher a lot of us old timers out for new blood that will pay more anyhow. I'll still go if I cancel but will just get the cheap dumped on the market tickets like everyone else is doing. My guess is the market will be soft after the initial surge of people.

Reactions: Fenway

BruinsFan1990

Mar 29, 2016
Winthrop, MA
I'm on the fence about renewing. I will always love the Bruins, but going to games doesn't really excite me like it used to (playoffs are a different story, of course). The entire time I'm there I'm thinking of the insane amount I just spent on a couple hot dogs and a beer. It's just not worth it for me anymore, and my wallet will thank me.

And to echo some of the other posters here, the new seats are god awful. By then end of the game I need a couple aspirin to heal my sore back.

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
the new seats absolutely suck... I'm 6'1 225 and I can't fit comfortably. I brought a friend to a SCF game a couple years ago and he has MS and is "large".. it was unbearable and I felt terrible for him because he was legit embarrassed that he couldn't fit in the seat.

But I gotta defend our corporate overlord JJ in the Garden discussion.. the seats suck.. the food is not great, although it's significantly better than the days of nothing but hot dogs and pretzels, but they did dump a gazillion dollars into the building. it's pretty modern and nice as currently stands and the fan exeprience inside the game is much better. new scoreboard coming and a new ice plant.. both were supposed to be in last year, but the whole pandemic thing happened.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I hope to retire within a year. My seats are paid for almost a full season.

I am looking forward to going to the games and NOT having to get up at 5:30 AM (after driving home to NH ) . I don't know how long I can afford to go or how much longer (being OLD) I will be able to do that drive (especially at night ) but for now it is enjoyable to me.

I miss some of the STH, the security guards. the concession folks , the guys who work for the B's and the players.

I do get why some are getting out and may have to myself in a few years .

@Kate08 I have missed (in the last few years) seeing you at the T stop after the games !

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I hope to retire within a year. My seats are paid for almost a full season.

I am looking forward to going to the games and NOT having to get up at 5:30 AM (after driving home to NH ) . I don't know how long I can afford to go or how much longer (being OLD) I will be able to do that drive (especially at night ) but for now it is enjoyable to me.

I miss some of the STH, the security guards. the concession folks , the guys who work for the B's and the players.

I do get why some are getting out and may have to myself in a few years .

@Kate08 I have missed (in the last few years) seeing you at the T stop after the games !

I’ve missed seeing you too! Once we started going to fewer games it became more of an “event” and we would meet up with people after to let the crowds die down a bit.

experience has just changed overall. Hopefully being married to fewer games brings the spark of going back again, but have I mentioned how much I hate the new seats?

Reactions: Ladyfan

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
I took option 1 I can’t wait till next season when things are back to normal and I’m in my regular seats

I have been to a few games this season and while it’s great to see the Bs it’s just so odd I miss high fiving and hugging strangers after huge goals I miss the loud building the energy

Last edited:

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
All I ever wanted as a ST was to not be punished during the playoffs with 130 dollar Loge tickets going up to 400 for the Eastern Conference Finals should we make it and play a Carolina where the market value is half that.

My new place has even better access to the Garden so I'd love to jump back in but I don't love the balcony and the way they screw their loyal fans on playoff tickets because everyone is treated like a scalper has me out.

If high row Loge corners become well priced I'll have a hard time not buying back in.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
the new seats absolutely suck... I'm 6'1 225 and I can't fit comfortably. I brought a friend to a SCF game a couple years ago and he has MS and is "large".. it was unbearable and I felt terrible for him because he was legit embarrassed that he couldn't fit in the seat.

But I gotta defend our corporate overlord JJ in the Garden discussion.. the seats suck.. the food is not great, although it's significantly better than the days of nothing but hot dogs and pretzels, but they did dump a gazillion dollars into the building. it's pretty modern and nice as currently stands and the fan exeprience inside the game is much better. new scoreboard coming and a new ice plant.. both were supposed to be in last year, but the whole pandemic thing happened.

Ironically during the old seats I had probems with the physical seats themselves. The row in front of me the seat back shifted up into my knees when someone sat down. So I'd have been thrilled with any change if I still had those.

Those seats went from Loge 4 to Loge 3 though so would have gotten an increase.

The old seats were very comfortable otherwise. Especially the high loge rows corner and ends that were once green premiums.

BruinsFan0877

May 22, 2009
Boston, MA
I received my Select a Seat slot for Wednesday afternoon at 1:30. With a few people on this thread bowing out I'm curious to see what availability is like. If folks with the morning slots on Wednesday want to keep us posted that would be great.

Reactions: busman21

busman21

Dec 11, 2006
Boston
I received my Select a Seat slot for Wednesday afternoon at 1:30. With a few people on this thread bowing out I'm curious to see what availability is like. If folks with the morning slots on Wednesday want to keep us posted that would be great.
I have the same slot, was going to come in here and post the same thing!

Reactions: BruinsFan0877

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Hardly any buzz about Select A Seat this year. I'm not sure what to attribute it to. Perhaps we will find out tomorrow!

Low interest can probably be attributed to the less than exciting Select-A-Seats over the past few years. And it used to be a fun event when you could go to the Garden and run around to sit in and evaluate seat locations. Now it is all online so that contributes to less buzz.

Last few years there has been relatively little in the way of inventory available. Despite the people posting here that have said they have given up their seats I think you will find that the majority of STH have retained their seats so I don't think that there will be as much available as you might think.

Last edited:

Newbie10

Jan 9, 2010
I gave up my tickets this year. Rep called and said they extended the renewal deadline because of Covid.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
I gave up my tickets this year. Rep called and said they extended the renewal deadline because of Covid.

rep code for..." renewals were lower than we hoped and the waiting list has shriveled so we are extending the renewal period"

Trust me on this- if they had a crowd of people asking to become new STHs you would be history

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

Interesting. I gave up my seat and haven’t heard from my rep at all about an extension ...although I did get an email saying that select a seat was still possible even though the deadline to show interest had passed. I didn’t take me off the mailing list yet.

I imagine select a seat might be a bit better this year, if renewals were lagging. On the other hand, they could always convert some seats from STH to a set of 44 single game tickets if they feel they can sell them individually. With 100% capacity scheduled before preseason should hit (at least for might find a lot of people who don’t want to commit to 44 games, but might want to go to one or two in September or October just to see what it’s like.

Newbie10

Jan 9, 2010
Lots of seat to pick from at the select a seat. Every section available except for 2.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Lots of seat to pick from at the select a seat. Every section available except for 2.

I can't find any place that I want to move to. But there is a lot more available than in past years so I was wrong about STH bailing or they have made available more locations than before.

RBurgundy

Oct 29, 2009
Did anyone see any seats in 301? I'm happy with my seats, but wanted to move closer to the isle or down a row if same price point. The reason I ask is because virtually every section has available seats besides 301, wondering if they don't let you see the seats available in your own section? Probably just nothing in 301, but thought I'd ask. I asked my rep too, but haven't heard anything back.

Newbie10

Jan 9, 2010
Did anyone see any seats in 301? I'm happy with my seats, but wanted to move closer to the isle or down a row if same price point. The reason I ask is because virtually every section has available seats besides 301, wondering if they don't let you see the seats available in your own section? Probably just nothing in 301, but thought I'd ask. I asked my rep too, but haven't heard anything back.

I saw 4 i think on row 9

RBurgundy

Oct 29, 2009
I saw 4 i think on row 9
So weird, I was watching pretty much non stop with nothing showing up. I thought it was odd with seats in most every section. Oh well I guess, I think 9 would be a price point up, so I probably wouldn't have taken them anyhow. Thanks for letting me know though!!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
For those who have gone to a game recently, are small bags (purses) allowed? I am going to my first game in 15 months on Saturday and while it isn't the end of the world if I can't bring a small purse with me, I am finding the Bruins bag policy a bit confusing.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad