OT: Ticket Thread - 2021/22 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickyb

May 5, 2004
Anyone else getting "technical difficulties" when trying to purchase seats in the 10AM timeslot today ?? Lol brutal

john03

Nov 30, 2014
What are the prices looking like? Season ticketholder prices or Ticketmaster retail prices?

slim04

All Things Boston
Mar 11, 2011
Connecticut
Everything I click on says that the event is not on sale.

I hate TicketMaster. I know this isn't the Bruins fault, but I wish they could get away from the TicketMaster monster...

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
The NHL has postponed the game @BUF tomorrow (March 20) and vs NYI on Tuesday (March 23). There’s a whole other thread on the postponement details.

For anyone who bought tickets to the mid-season “opener” on March 23, the private Bruins STH Twitter account just sent this out:

Tickets for March 23 are valid for the rescheduled date which is yet to be determined. Alternatively, you may request a refund by contacting your Fan Relations Account Executive directly.

The fan-opening game is currently vs NYI on March 25, but who knows.

I peeked in my account this afternoon before I heard the news, and saw balcony tickets to a weekday game were $69. If I’m not mistaken, that’s identical to my STH price for similar seats for the 2020-2021 season. Interesting.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
The NHL has postponed the game @BUF tomorrow (March 20) and vs NYI on Tuesday (March 23). There’s a whole other thread on the postponement details.

For anyone who bought tickets to the mid-season “opener” on March 23, the private Bruins STH Twitter account just sent this out:

The fan-opening game is currently vs NYI on March 25, but who knows.

I peeked in my account this afternoon before I heard the news, and saw balcony tickets to a weekday game were $69. If I’m not mistaken, that’s identical to my STH price for similar seats for the 2020-2021 season. Interesting.

Would happily prepay you the checkout cost via paypal or venmo beforehand if you aren't going to attend and could grab them. Would owe you a few beers when things are back to normal. Thanks Talkinaway!

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
What are the prices looking like? Season ticketholder prices or Ticketmaster retail prices?

I saw balcony last row for 65, mid balcony like 85 and then mid lower bowl for like 110 so that seemed pretty reasonable.

I'm excited to get back in the gardenba few times this season!

Just so people know neck Gators do not count as masks based on what the garden policy said. Also no vents in your mask or you'll have to get a new mask...

redline76

Nov 14, 2008
Anyone else get their renewal email today? We have until 4/20 to decide if we are still onboard...

BruinsFan0877

May 22, 2009
Boston, MA
Anyone else get their renewal email today? We have until 4/20 to decide if we are still onboard...

Yes indeed, I received mine. Despite the $1 increase per ticket per game which seems unnecessary I renewed. The Bruins seem to be generating a lot of interest these days with demand through the roof even for weekday games to watch a team that has great top end talent but isn't likely built to win (although in a league full of teams like that you never know.. just how Gary wants it). My hope is that this continues when the stadium opens to large capacities and my $71 balcony seats in 314 are still a good investment.

It does hurt shelling out $426 for pre-season tickets again (especially if they put the AHL team in Bruins jerseys again this exhibition season while the actual team is overseas and call it a Bruins game) but "it is what it is".

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Yes indeed, I received mine. Despite the $1 increase per ticket per game which seems unnecessary I renewed. The Bruins seem to be generating a lot of interest these days with demand through the roof even for weekday games to watch a team that has great top end talent but isn't likely built to win (although in a league full of teams like that you never know.. just how Gary wants it). My hope is that this continues when the stadium opens to large capacities and my $71 balcony seats in 314 are still a good investment.

It does hurt shelling out $426 for pre-season tickets again (especially if they put the AHL team in Bruins jerseys again this exhibition season while the actual team is overseas and call it a Bruins game) but "it is what it is".

So there was an increase if you did not choose Option 1 for the price freeze. I was wondering if they would do that. $1 per ticket almost seems petty, like they did it to make a "screw you point" that not choosing Option 1 had a price consequence.

redline76

Nov 14, 2008
I sent their email with my ticket increase to my wife and got what can only be described as "wifeSpeak" back
"$3,000 would make a nice summer vacay near the water"
Surpsised they did not try to lower prices as they had with previous lost seasons to lockouts. I question the resale of crappy balcony seats in the fresh post-covid world.

Reactions: Fenway and Alicat

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Thank you for renewing your Season Tickets for the 2021-22 Season this past winter! We appreciate your continued support as a Season Ticket Holder throughout the pandemic and the 2020-21 season. You will continue to earn monthly loyalty credit until the start of the 2021-22 season. You will also receive a price freeze for the 2021 Stanley Cup® Playoffs with priority access to tickets. Details will be emailed to you within the next month. To read a letter from Bruins President Cam Neely, along with more information and FAQs regarding the 2021-22 season, click here.

You chose Option 1 Loyalty for the 2020-21 Season, therefore receive a price freeze for the 2021-22 Season:

Reactions: 13Hockey

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Yup, I got the literal $1 “screw you for not renewing” increase in price for balcony seats as well. Up from 70 to 71. I think if you put that money in the market, you’d be able to pay for the price increase, plus more.

I’m saying goodbye to my seat. I had great seats for two years, and then the the Bs screwed me (and a lot of STHs) over by moving my seat back two rows and making it smaller.

Not to mention the terrible treatment of the Garden staff - remember last year, when the Bruins were one of the last teams to even announce a plan for arena staff? And that plan was contingent upon games being officially cancelled...which didn’t happen for months.

Not to mention the minor issue of a global pandemic. Are we really going to be at even 50% capacity by September? That’s the minimum you’d need to have all STHs get their full package...while still probably moving some people away from their seats.

Prices now are pretty high for single games...probably a mix lack of inventory and pandemic fatigue. But I just don’t have the desire any more to recoup my cost for games that I can’t go to. And if/when inventory expands, that Amy prove to be difficult.

Hopefully I can return eventually, but the run was good while it lasted.

Reactions: sisu and Alicat

MrMars

May 26, 2006
There was a podcast for Celtics season ticket holders with the owner Wyc Grousbeck, president Rich Gotham and TD Gardens Amy Latimer. When talking about expanding capacity they have a rough time line. Was hoping 25% in a month or so and 50% at some point in the playoffs and Amy chimed in and mentioned they could hold 40% and still keep seated parties 6 feet apart. He also seemed rather confident that with the vaccine things would move semi quickly and expects 100% by next season.

Obviously that’s what they are hoping for and that may not be reality but at the same time I’m sure these people have spoke to the governor and have a general idea.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
We're not renewing.

The main reason is that we're just not at a point in our life anymore where shelling out that kind of money makes sense when we have dreams of renovating our house and buying a second home at some point. We're also not at the point where going to multiple hockey games per week works for our lifestyle with work, etc.

A big part of the joy of having tickets was who was around you, and we've seen turnover for all but 1 seatmate. The bars and restaurants before and after the games with friends you make. Who knows what that will all look like.

However the terrible new seats, our seat location being moved due to the balcony reconfiguration, severe reduction of perks to be basically nothing, steady seat increases, and poor communication from the team during the pandemic all played a significant role as well.

It was fun, but it's time to move on. Hopefully we'll be able to snag a 10-game pack.

Reactions: Fenway and Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
We're not renewing.

The main reason is that we're just not at a point in our life anymore where shelling out that kind of money makes sense when we have dreams of renovating our house and buying a second home at some point. We're also not at the point where going to multiple hockey games per week works for our lifestyle with work, etc.

A big part of the joy of having tickets was who was around you, and we've seen turnover for all but 1 seatmate. The bars and restaurants before and after the games with friends you make. Who knows what that will all look like.

However the terrible new seats, our seat location being moved due to the balcony reconfiguration, severe reduction of perks to be basically nothing, steady seat increases, and poor communication from the team during the pandemic all played a significant role as well.

It was fun, but it's time to move on. Hopefully we'll be able to snag a 10-game pack.
Sometimes the bar before/after games was more fun than the game.

Hope to see you guys for one last hurrah whenever things get back to the new normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad