OT: Ticket Thread - 2021/22 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
My understanding is they are working with Ticketmaster on a solution and they want exact clarification from the NHL on what can not be sold.

Thanks Fenway it's nice to have an "insider" with info of what is going on. Sounds like they jumped the gun on announcing an on sale for today.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
My understanding is they are working with Ticketmaster on a solution and they want exact clarification from the NHL on what can not be sold.

Smart, BUT....they should have said "Tickets on sale Tuesday" to give themselves a little time. Or "check nhl.bruins.com tomorrow morning for more information". I kind of knew Monday would be way too soon for them to figure out exactly how they're going to increase capacity - I'm sure there's the city, state, federal, and NHL procedures that create a 4-D Venn diagram, although the city, state, and federal seem to be aligned...at least in broad strokes.

Admittedly, from an advertising perspective, it's not ideal - I'm sure people wanted to buy tickets Sunday night as soon as Chara shook hands with Bergeron. Forcing a customer to wait 36 hours to reconsider a purchase is never a sound strategy...

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Smart, BUT....they should have said "Tickets on sale Tuesday" to give themselves a little time. Or "check nhl.bruins.com tomorrow morning for more information". I kind of knew Monday would be way too soon for them to figure out exactly how they're going to increase capacity - I'm sure there's the city, state, federal, and NHL procedures that create a 4-D Venn diagram, although the city, state, and federal seem to be aligned...at least in broad strokes.

Admittedly, from an advertising perspective, it's not ideal - I'm sure people wanted to buy tickets Sunday night as soon as Chara shook hands with Bergeron. Forcing a customer to wait 36 hours to reconsider a purchase is never a sound strategy...

As usual, there are many moving parts.

NBC has next night blocked out for the NHL but that would go to a Game 7 between Carolina and Nashville. Right now the only other option would be Game 6 in Montreal. NBC ALSO has Sunday night blocked for the NHL which almost certainly would be Game 1 of the Eastern Final even if that series ends on Wednesday.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Email just came through.

Ha I thought for sure this was going to get pushed until tomorrow.

Anyone get a time slot earlier than 5:00. I'm wondering how many time slots are ahead of that to get an idea of what might already be sold by then.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Round 3 & Round 4 Ticket Information For Round 3 and Round 4 of the 2021 Boston Bruins Playoffs, you will be able to sit in your usual STH seat location for all 8 possible home games. More information will be provided within the next week on how to commit. We appreciate your patience while we continue to navigate towards our full re-opening. Please Note: Boston Bruins Home Stanley Cup® Playoff Games will be played only if necessary. If the games are not played because a given round has concluded, or the Boston Bruins have been eliminated, tickets sold for such game or games will be eligible for a refund at the face value and any service fees at the point of purchase.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Round 3 & Round 4 Ticket Information For Round 3 and Round 4 of the 2021 Boston Bruins Playoffs, you will be able to sit in your usual STH seat location for all 8 possible home games. More information will be provided within the next week on how to commit. We appreciate your patience while we continue to navigate towards our full re-opening. Please Note: Boston Bruins Home Stanley Cup® Playoff Games will be played only if necessary. If the games are not played because a given round has concluded, or the Boston Bruins have been eliminated, tickets sold for such game or games will be eligible for a refund at the face value and any service fees at the point of purchase.

Yay that is great news. Now go beat those Penguins or Islanders so that I can say hello to my seats again.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Anyone get a time slot earlier than 5:00. I'm wondering how many time slots are ahead of that to get an idea of what might already be sold by then.

4pm balcony only

Capacity Increased; Secure Round 2 Tickets TODAY TD Garden has been permitted to host fans at near full capacity starting May 29, 2021. Due to this great news, we are happy to offer you a new opportunity to secure tickets for Round 2 of the 2021 Boston Bruins Playoffs. Starting TODAY at Monday, May 24th @ 4:00 PM, you have exclusive priority access to purchase for Round 2. You can purchase a maximum of 4 tickets per game and choose from any available Balcony seats, based on availability. We are working with the NHL to update our safety guidelines for games after May 29, 2021 and will have an official announcement when details are available.

Due to high demand, you may be placed in a queue when purchasing tickets. We anticipate high inbound call volume during your onsale time which may result in delayed response times. We encourage you to remain in the queue until access to seat availability is granted as this will be the best way to secure your tickets. If you experience any technical difficulties on Ticketmaster, please rest assured we will have seats to offer you when we are available to assist you.

RBurgundy

Oct 29, 2009
My guess is that they are having this sale today to take advantage of excitement from the Bruins. While the games should all sell out, the demand may not be quite as high since I'm sure a lot of people are still hesitant with the 100% capacity and the Bruins don't want to risk people thinking to much and then deciding not to buy. Just my guess, but I agree, they should have waited atleast another day to give us some expectations of what to expect once we get the email that tickets are available.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012

I'm at 4:00

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
OK looks like I am in the second time slot so save some seats for me everyone.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Same boat here. But I also never got an email back from my rep about the debacle for the Round 1 / Round 2 sale that I never did get to take part in - and I think it's the first time he's failed to respond.

EDIT: Ultra fast response, and he said emails will be going out later today. TBH, what's the rush in having a sale today? The earliest they could POSSIBLY play is Friday, and Sunday is more likely.
I talked to my friend over there and if Islanders win in 6, game 1 is Saturday- not etched in stone but that’s the feeling

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
My email was 15 minutes ago

I pick at 9 am Wednesday to add 2 tickets if any left

also this is what I wanted

Due to the timing of this increased capacity news, we are unable to offer your usual STH seat location for Round 2. For Round 3 and Round 4 of the 2021 Boston Bruins Playoffs, you will be able to sit in your usual STH seat location for all 8 possible home games. More information will be provided within the next week on how to commit. We appreciate your patience while we continue to navigate towards our full re-opening.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
My guess is that they are having this sale today to take advantage of excitement from the Bruins. While the games should all sell out, the demand may not be quite as high since I'm sure a lot of people are still hesitant with the 100% capacity and the Bruins don't want to risk people thinking to much and then deciding not to buy. Just my guess, but I agree, they should have waited atleast another day to give us some expectations of what to expect once we get the email that tickets are available.
The balcony & loge are treated separately

interesting balcony at 4 today

I was told everyone who did not get a chance will have the option to get seats - what I forgot to ask was it just 2 seats if that’s what they have on their account

if so I should be able to grab 2 more love Wednesday

logic says that’s how they do it but you never know

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
The balcony & loge are treated separately

interesting balcony at 4 today

I was told everyone who did not get a chance will have the option to get seats - what I forgot to ask was it just 2 seats if that’s what they have on their account

if so I should be able to grab 2 more love Wednesday

logic says that’s how they do it but you never know

I was shut out of tickets last time around and I’m not till tomm at 9 am so I could get shut out again and screwed

I have balcony seats

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I talked to my friend over there and if Islanders win in 6, game 1 is Saturday- not etched in stone but that’s the feeling

NBC wants the following to happen

Game 7 on Sat night - Carolina and Nashville
Game 1 on Sunday night - Bruins at Pittsburgh.

The Bruins can't host on Sunday as the Celtics are locked in at 7 PM on TNT and TD Garden does not want to try and host 2 games in one day yet. Also, NBC has the Indy 500 on Sunday afternoon.

NBC would rather have Pittsburgh as they have a larger following.

Reactions: DKH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
NBC wants the following to happen

Game 7 on Sat night - Carolina and Nashville
Game 1 on Sunday night - Bruins at Pittsburgh.

The Bruins can't host on Sunday as the Celtics are locked in at 7 PM on TNT and TD Garden does not want to try and host 2 games in one day yet. Also, NBC has the Indy 500 on Sunday afternoon.

NBC would rather have Pittsburgh as they have a larger following.
Once Pittsburgh wins one of next two games the Bruins are earliest next Monday hosting Islanders game 1 or next Thursday game 3 vs Pittsburgh ~ my guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad