OT: Ticket Thread - 2021/22 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
As of now, it’s officially a big “????” from the Garden on whether playoffs will be at 100% after May 29:

I’m sure a lot of folks will be happy to have a redo of the trash that was the playoff “lottery”, if that’s the way they go. However, the actual notifying people that the rocket they already bought is invalid may be....problematic. Particularly if tickets are passed down in secondary/tertiary/quaternary markets and didn’t get the notice that they need to rebuy tix.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
As of now, it’s officially a big “????” from the Garden on whether playoffs will be at 100% after May 29:

I’m sure a lot of folks will be happy to have a redo of the trash that was the playoff “lottery”, if that’s the way they go. However, the actual notifying people that the rocket they already bought is invalid may be....problematic. Particularly if tickets are passed down in secondary/tertiary/quaternary markets and didn’t get the notice that they need to rebuy tix.

I managed to get only one second round game and I'm not loving the seat location. I get that buyers of resold tickets will have a problem but I hope they cancel and refund the second round sales and give (well sell) everyone their ST seats.

Now go beat those Capitals so that this becomes a real issue instead of a possible one.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
If the B's make it to round 3 I want to sit in my seats

I think I speak for everyone here when I say I want you there, too! I think your seats are, sadly, just a little too good...but they damn well better get you in somewhere good!

I swear I think I read something about them still needing a buffer around players. But we can hope numbers go down....

MrMars

May 26, 2006

After asking around for round 1 the league put a cap of 12k for round one (Carolina / Nashville are at that now). That may go up round 2, the rows the NHL wants closed behind the bench and penalty box will definitely remain closed I’m sure. But that’s where the league currently stands.

RBurgundy

Oct 29, 2009
If they do cancel all tickets sold and let all season ticket holders have the option to buy their round 2 seats then it'll be interesting what Stubhub and other secondary market sites do for sales already made. Could be a way for the Bruins to really push the importance of selling through the exchange so fans don't run into these issues again.

It'll be a hassle for folks that did that, but I'd much rather sit in my seats then the couple pairs I was able to pick up for round 2!

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
If they do cancel all tickets sold and let all season ticket holders have the option to buy their round 2 seats then it'll be interesting what Stubhub and other secondary market sites do for sales already made. Could be a way for the Bruins to really push the importance of selling through the exchange so fans don't run into these issues again.

It'll be a hassle for folks that did that, but I'd much rather sit in my seats then the couple pairs I was able to pick up for round 2!

I wonder how many second round tix have been resold through Stubhub and other secondary sites. Most buyers don't look to shell out money that far in advance for playoff games that are not guaranteed to be played. Regardless I think it's an inconvenience but not a big deal for Stubhub and the other sites to reverse sales and refund buyers. Not sure about other sites but Stubhub now does not pay sellers until after the event takes place so they do not have to claw back payments made to sellers.

I doubt there are many craigslist buyers for second round tix. A craigslist buyer will normally not buy tix for a game not guaranteed to be played and then have to rely on the seller to refund them.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I think they will and should let season ticket holders sit in their seats round 2

My actual seats were not open to purchase but obviously now will be for round 2

Making 14,000 seats available will be chaos if they don’t go this route

I know people in row 2 sitting in row 7 and people in row 3 and farther back sitting in row 1. The people who owned the row 1 weren’t on till 11 and their rickets were grabbed at 10

logic says everyone gets their normal seats

Highatop308

Only took 4 months!
Jun 23, 2010
308, row 15. seat 28
FWIW, the 4 games I purchased for R2 are no longer transferable in account manager but my game 6 for R1 is so I’m sure the plan is to move everyone to their original seats unless, people like Susan whose seats are tarped off. Guessing anyone in the tarp will be relocated to comproablle seating

Reactions: DKH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
WE already have other tickets for round 2.
Don’t quote me on this but if Bruins advance and it’s at full capacity everyone should end up with their seats they would normally have

I also have different seats as stands

tnt410

Nov 23, 2008
Looking for a single ticket to game 4 Friday night! Hoping to join a couple of friends who already have tickets but a struggling to find any single tickets for sale ... been vaccinated for a while. Thanks in advance.

nickyb

May 5, 2004
Anyone that went last night, do they still require you to present the "Covid Promise" Green check-mark thing at the gate when entering ??

MrMars

May 26, 2006
Anyone that went last night, do they still require you to present the "Covid Promise" Green check-mark thing at the gate when entering ??
Yes they do. They have completely stopped even attempting to stop people from watching the game maskless but they did ask to see the form when I went in.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Yes they do. They have completely stopped even attempting to stop people from watching the game maskless but they did ask to see the form when I went in.
A couple of the Garden folks were trying to get fans to wear their masks. I thought it was rotten of the fans to be giving shit to the folks who were doing their job. They didn't make the rules. Hopefully soon we won't have to wear masks anymore.

Also a few went over to the B's bench and were made to move out.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
A couple of the Garden folks were trying to get fans to wear their masks. I thought it was rotten of the fans to be giving shit to the folks who were doing their job. They didn't make the rules. Hopefully soon we won't have to wear masks anymore.

What is the point of completing the Play It Safe Promise and then not enforcing it. It's probably easier said than done but fans refusing to mask up should be thrown out. You don't want to wear a mask then don't go to the frigging game!!

If they can't control mask wearing at 25% capacity then there is no hope at 100% capacity so they might as well remove the mask mandate starting next round if there is one.

Reactions: Alicat

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

They have multiple links back to the main Boston Bruins Foundation webpage, and their rules state that you can email jtrombetta at bostonbruins dot com to see if you won a raffle. His name and email also pops up on the 50/50 raffle rules. It's also "powered by" Ascend - no idea what that means or who they are, but they also "power" the 100% legitimate but strangely named "Catch the Great" 20/30/50 raffle. (20% to a weekly winner, 50% to charity, 30% to a progressive jackpot that hits if you pick a random number from 1 to 52 correctly, and the top number decreases by 1 each week.)

Also, I found this old tweet from the Bruins:

So, unless someone literally hacked the web site a month ago and managed to change stuff, I think it's legit. If you're really concerned, you could write to the Boston Bruins Foundation or that email I found.

But, if you want my opinion...if you want to give to a charity and go to a Bruins game, you're better off doing the two separately. Write a check to the Boston Bruins Foundation, or whatever charity you support- you could even look at the charities THEY support, and donate more directly, eliminating (one of) the middlemen. And you can separately buy your own loge tickets when you've saved up money.

MrMars

May 26, 2006

Things definitely different in the balcony. I’d say roughly half did not have masks on. A good chunk of people on the Jumbotron didn’t have masks either. I had a casual convo with the usher waiting to come back and he definitely implied all he had to do was hold his mask up card during breaks and that’s pretty much it. Never asked one person to put a mask back on. People even moved around to be with friends and was way over 4 people sitting together. Thought seats were zip tied too.

I do know they got harassed badly and with the changes coming soon they pretty much gave up. Could see that or a bunch of people quitting. To be fair watching the Red Sox on TV I do see a lot of maskless people. Haven’t been to one so can’t speak for them.

Definitely could see it being treated differently in the loge and especially anywhere near the benches / glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad