Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueshirt Special

Shady Brey
Feb 28, 2007
NJ
www.linespeedconsulting.com
coupons make it all better

It's really not that bad when you consider the coupons for $1.00 off on your SECOND SODA, after you buy 2 hot dogs, a beer, a Nash jersey, some waffle fries and a Cracker Jack! It's like you break even!

No worries!

:sarcasm:

NYRKindms

Dec 16, 2009
Your points are valid now that the team is winning and the building will be full. They have roughly 18,200 x 41 games x the average ticket price = a ******** of money as a stable, recurring revenue base. Companies love guarantees like that. And yes, the extra profit comes from all that extra spending that takes place on game day. But if MSG loses their STH base, coupled with the team struggling, they'll find themselves at 80% capacity and that equates to a massive hit to the bottom line.

I also think MSG would be careful not to hit the 200 level customers with a big increase. They know the 100 level people would love to fill those cheaper seats, and then they'll be tasked with replacing all those more expensive season tickets which they're already having trouble getting rid of.

I have been watching the rangers for a long time. I do not recall the NYR ever having trouble selling out the building. There have been many mediocre teams during those decades.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Yeah, MSG would NEVER have 80% capacity for anything other than a preseason game.

In a city of 8 millon people + NJ and suburbs, you can find 18000 to go to a hockey game every night.

MessierIsGod

Oct 2, 2010
I have been watching the rangers for a long time. I do not recall the NYR ever having trouble selling out the building. There have been many mediocre teams during those decades.

True but the prices are ridiculous now. The lower bowl is not sold out this season.

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007

As a sports fan in New York for over 40 years there are 2 franchises that sell out in good times and bad times the Giants and the Rangers.
In the mis to late nineties the Rangers had a 10 year wait list and it took over a half decade of not making the playoffs to exhaust that list.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
True but the prices are ridiculous now. The lower bowl is not sold out this season.

It technically is. The problem is that lower bowl tickets are given to corporations like Chase, who then give it to customers/partners that generally don't give a **** about sports, and may or may not go.

MessierIsGod

Oct 2, 2010
Knicks just sent out playoff and renewal online to their subsribers. April 1st is early bird. Rangers won't be far behind. Expect emails soon.

MessierIsGod

Oct 2, 2010
Just looked at my Knicks invoice.

My $75 Knicks seats are going up to $78 next season. They invoiced me for 44 games.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
As a sports fan in New York for over 40 years there are 2 franchises that sell out in good times and bad times the Giants and the Rangers.
In the mis to late nineties the Rangers had a 10 year wait list and it took over a half decade of not making the playoffs to exhaust that list.

Not really. I got on the waiting list in January of 97, was offered seasons in September of 98, only a season and a half.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
It technically is. The problem is that lower bowl tickets are given to corporations like Chase, who then give it to customers/partners that generally don't give a **** about sports, and may or may not go.

This is the biggest misconception out there. The majority of lower-level seats are NOT corporate owned. Besides, being a customer/partner means you do not care about sports? I am a customer of Chase. I guess I do not care?

Dangleberry

Feb 21, 2012
Queens, NY

LOL strong generalization there bud. I was waiting on line at a food truck and some lady asked me what the latest on Staal was. Turns out she has two pairs in the lower bowl, some people are fortunate enough to afford those things nom sayin?

MessierIsGod

Oct 2, 2010
Knicks Renewal and Playoff Invoice email

My $75 seats going up to $78. Not too bad.

March 12, 2013
Account Number: XXXXXXX
XXXX,
On behalf of the entire New York Knicks family, we want to thank you for your continued support throughout the 2012-13 season. As a Season Subscriber since XXXX, you're a part of The Garden faithful, making every game a special experience. I hope you're enjoying what's proving to be a very exciting Knicks season. Led each night by our All-Stars Carmelo Anthony and Tyson Chandler, along with consistent leadership from Raymond Felton and Jason Kidd; the hustle and passion that is New York Knicks Basketball has The Garden electrified.
The Knicks are currently well positioned to secure a playoff berth and, as you know, there is nothing like the excitement of playoff basketball at The World's Most Famous Arena and we are excited to share your 2013 Playoff Information. As in years past, we are offering a pay-by-round payment option, enabling you to pay for playoff rounds as they occur.
Additionally, we are pleased to share the Renewal Information for your 2013-14 Knicks Season Subscription. You will have until April 22nd to secure your Subscription with two convenient payment options - 1) Pay in Full or 2) an interest free nine month payment plan.
We are also happy to share what we hope will be a useful tool for you not just during renewals, but throughout the season. The new www.nyksubcentral.com provides a personalized experience for each subscriber. Simply log in with your My Knicks Account Manager ID and password to access your personalized website, which includes further detail on securing your tickets, exclusive benefits, and access to special events for the upcoming season. We are excited to offer special incentives for those who pay for their 2013 Playoff tickets online, renew their 2013-14 Season Subscription by the early bird deadline of April 1st and/or pay for their Season Subscription with their Chase Credit or Debit Card. You will also find other new and useful tools such as online ticket tracking, game and event calendars and more. Consider this the next step in creating a one-stop-shop to manage your entire Knicks experience. Please be sure to click here to visit your personalized website today!
When Madison Square Garden opens its doors this fall the historic, three-year Transformation of The Garden will be completed. From the new entrance to concourses, luxury suites to concession stands, floor to new sky bridges, the transformed state-of-the-art Garden will provide an enhanced experience for all fans, from the first row to the last.
As always, should you have any questions, please contact your Dedicated Knicks Experience Manager, XXXXXX at 212-631-XXXX or via email at [email protected]. They are here to assist you throughout this process.
We look forward to seeing you at The Garden in the exciting weeks ahead as we make a push for the 2013 Playoffs, as well as at the start of the 2013-14 NBA season.
Let's Go Knicks!

Blueshirt67

Sep 18, 2011

March 12, 2013
Account Number: XXXXXXX
XXXX,
On behalf of the entire New York Knicks family, we want to thank you for your continued support throughout the 2012-13 season. As a Season Subscriber since XXXX, you're a part of The Garden faithful, making every game a special experience. I hope you're enjoying what's proving to be a very exciting Knicks season. Led each night by our All-Stars Carmelo Anthony and Tyson Chandler, along with consistent leadership from Raymond Felton and Jason Kidd; the hustle and passion that is New York Knicks Basketball has The Garden electrified.
The Knicks are currently well positioned to secure a playoff berth and, as you know, there is nothing like the excitement of playoff basketball at The World's Most Famous Arena and we are excited to share your 2013 Playoff Information. As in years past, we are offering a pay-by-round payment option, enabling you to pay for playoff rounds as they occur.
Additionally, we are pleased to share the Renewal Information for your 2013-14 Knicks Season Subscription. You will have until April 22nd to secure your Subscription with two convenient payment options - 1) Pay in Full or 2) an interest free nine month payment plan.
We are also happy to share what we hope will be a useful tool for you not just during renewals, but throughout the season. The new www.nyksubcentral.com provides a personalized experience for each subscriber. Simply log in with your My Knicks Account Manager ID and password to access your personalized website, which includes further detail on securing your tickets, exclusive benefits, and access to special events for the upcoming season. We are excited to offer special incentives for those who pay for their 2013 Playoff tickets online, renew their 2013-14 Season Subscription by the early bird deadline of April 1st and/or pay for their Season Subscription with their Chase Credit or Debit Card. You will also find other new and useful tools such as online ticket tracking, game and event calendars and more. Consider this the next step in creating a one-stop-shop to manage your entire Knicks experience. Please be sure to click here to visit your personalized website today!
When Madison Square Garden opens its doors this fall the historic, three-year Transformation of The Garden will be completed. From the new entrance to concourses, luxury suites to concession stands, floor to new sky bridges, the transformed state-of-the-art Garden will provide an enhanced experience for all fans, from the first row to the last.
As always, should you have any questions, please contact your Dedicated Knicks Experience Manager, XXXXXX at 212-631-XXXX or via email at [email protected]. They are here to assist you throughout this process.
We look forward to seeing you at The Garden in the exciting weeks ahead as we make a push for the 2013 Playoffs, as well as at the start of the 2013-14 NBA season.
Let's Go Knicks!

Knicks have had pre-season games scheduled for the past 2 years because they start later than the rangers. Don't they usually give you the 10% discount on playoffs for renewing early, is that not being offered this year?

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
One other thing that pisses me off. Two years ago, the Rangers stopped letting people pick up their season tickets at the box office. Said they had to be mailed for a $25 fee.

Knicks just sent out playoff and renewal online to their subsribers. April 1st is early bird. Rangers won't be far behind. Expect emails soon.

Knicks $25 shipping fee is optional on the invoice. So it's possible MSG is bringing back the option to pick up at the garden. More likely IMO, they are offering the option of NO hard tickets and print online only

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
My $45 seats are now going to be $49 (I thought for sure they would go to at least $55)

*jumps for joy all the way to the bank* :yo::yo::yo:

$82 seats are up to $90 - this is more of a problem

Notice how those sneaky bastids didn't update the 3D viewer with the bridges before asking for renewals??

MessierIsGod

Oct 2, 2010
Knicks have had pre-season games scheduled for the past 2 years because they start later than the rangers. Don't they usually give you the 10% discount on playoffs for renewing early, is that not being offered this year?

Invoice is for 44 games so there are 3 pre-seasons included. Don't see the 10% discount this year. Early bird April 1 gets you a chance to win $10k from Chase.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City

The Rangers may offer it, but the Knicks waiting list is so freaking long that they're just begging people to not renew. If someone doesn't renew, they may not even offer those seats as seasons because they can easily get twice the money from dynamic pricing. Demand for Knicks tickets is batsh|t crazy, never seen anything like it

ban

Mar 20, 2012
For Knicks Playoffs they are offering the option of NOT paying the $25 handling fee, BUT you will get NO hard tickets, will all be print at home.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Supposed View from Section 209, row 18:

VR_Section_209_18_12_Front.jpg

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
that is not as bad as i thought it would be....

Agree if that is in fact what the view will be like in real life. I'd also like to see what the view is from the highest rows beyond 18. But if this as bad as it gets, then I should be ok for the Knicks in row 17 and my Rangers row 4 are definitely good to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad