Tickets: Ticket Prices 2013-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bagels

Aug 1, 2007
When I got my season tickets before the 2004 lockout, I paid a reasonable $45 per seat for front row in the 300's. I pay $79 now in the 200's and can expect to pay $85+ next season?

One division championship and a few playoff rounds and my tickets have doubled in 8 years? **** off Dolan.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
listen man, put yourself in our shoes and it sucks.

my first year was 06-07 and the prices in the 400's were $26 each. i was a senior in high school at the time and had a summer job to pay for my seats. same thing the first 2 years of college. i went to sacred heart in ct and drove down to most of the games.

now we're at $50 bucks, probably $55 next year. When's it going to end? Out of the 24 games this year at home i'll probably be at 10. I used to go to 35-40 games per season.

the gardens not the same, not the same type of fan, and they're pricing most of the loyal fans out. all in all it sucks as a fan. however, msg's goal is to make money and as several other posters have said here, until they can't sell out, they have to do what they have to do to continually increase revenues. from a purely business standpoint i agree with it.

at what point does the bubble burst and when will the market be unable to sustain the price increases? everyone is seeing whats going on in the bronx with the yankees. you'd think MSG would realize it

Of course it sucks. I never said it doesn't. I'm just saying that it's unfair to say they're "pricing out the die-hard fans." Those die-hard fans are just going to be replaced with wealthier die-hard fans.

MGF0723

Jan 2, 2013
New York, NY
The Devils and Islanders both have very reasonable prices for tickets, even on the secondary market. I think I know where I'll be going to watch the Rangers next year, haha.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

This isn't a spam post. It's really just $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Renovation is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

they can make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

NYR fanbase has $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$ is cool

Money.

With the reno and the success we're projected to have with our line up, you'd be crazy to think Dolan doesn't up the prices.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Took my g/f to her first Ranger game this year, my first in a long time. Shame we'll be lucky to be able to afford it a few times a year at best. We're far from poor too, which is the sad part.

Wheel in the sky keeps on turning.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Was at the Buffalo game last week. After the 1st period a Sabres fan sitting in front of me turned around and asked me, in all seriousness, what was wrong with our building and why it was so dead. I couldn't even argue with her because she was spot on.

A lot of people on here better hope this team doesn't win a Cup anytime soon or none of us will ever be able to go to a game again.

Dangleberry

Feb 21, 2012
Queens, NY
When I got my season tickets before the 2004 lockout, I paid a reasonable $45 per seat for front row in the 300's. I pay $79 now in the 200's and can expect to pay $85+ next season?

One division championship and a few playoff rounds and my tickets have doubled in 8 years? **** off Dolan.

I am in the same price point, has $85+ even been confirmed? Those $53 seats are starting to look really attractive now. Hell, put me in the $30 blue seats for all I care.

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
I hate this team.

Many fans might feel this way but what are the Rangers going to do? They are a business and their goal is to make money. With a 4% ticket increase they will still sell out every game next year. I am a STH and am not happy with any increase but considering the fact that the team is very good I can live with 4%. I just wish they went back to offering more partial plans as a 10 game plan would be perfect for me

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Curious about the pricing points. Last years release for this years prices had the Rangers at 23 pricing points while this year is at 26. The bridges will make up at least one more pricing point and I don't know if the Budweiser fan deck will be the same price as the West Balcony if there's seats on there.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I am in the same price point, has $85+ even been confirmed? Those $53 seats are starting to look really attractive now. Hell, put me in the $30 blue seats for all I care.

4% increase would put the $79 at about $82 but who knows how much each area is increasing. For all we know the lower bowl may not increase at all since they're tougher to move while the upper bowl seats are the ones that get hit with a hard price increase.

NYRangers88

Section 208 Row 15
Aug 7, 2007
Long Island, NY
Was at the Buffalo game last week. After the 1st period a Sabres fan sitting in front of me turned around and asked me, in all seriousness, what was wrong with our building and why it was so dead. I couldn't even argue with her because she was spot on.

A lot of people on here better hope this team doesn't win a Cup anytime soon or none of us will ever be able to go to a game again.

When the rangers scored in overtime at Nassau coliseum, the building was louder than MSG has been all this year.

Blueshirt67

Sep 18, 2011
4% means my 6000 season tickets go to 6240. Can't really complain, the team is competitive, they've made a huge investment in the building even though some don't like it, they brought in Nash. I still wont have to buy pre-season games, that will save me somewhere around $450.00. There is demand for these tickets and the Rangers recognize this. Has anyone has any difficulty selling $73-$78 games for profit this year? Will that change when it is $76-$82? Last year, my tickets went from $59 to $73 each, thats 24%. I'll be happy if its only a 4% increase. If the money becomes an issue, I'll just go to less games.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
solution: Don't buy anything food or drinks.

If you already spend $0 at the games, steal something from concession, in the washroom or just anywhere in MSG. Those urinal cakes may not cost much but it'll send a message...

GraveyTrain9

Mar 13, 2008
New York
I'm an ex-season ticket holder and I went to my first game of this season last week and I must say I've been to libraries louder than the new MSG. The real fan is officially priced out of the building and the garden atmosphere is gone. It really isn't worth the money any more and from now on I'll be watching every game from my couch. Thanks Dolan!

NYRangers88

Section 208 Row 15
Aug 7, 2007
Long Island, NY
I'm an ex-season ticket holder and I went to my first game of this season last week and I must say I've been to libraries louder than the new MSG. The real fan is officially priced out of the building and the garden atmosphere is gone. It really isn't worth the money any more and from now on I'll be watching every game from my couch. Thanks Dolan!

Agree. I might actually not renew next year. Games just aren't fun anymore.

GraveyTrain9

Mar 13, 2008
New York
^gave mine up last year and do not regret it one bit. Certainly not worth the 100s of dollars each game, the 2 hours in traffic, the moron armchair GM sitting next to you who doesnt shut up for a second, the 9 dollar chicken fingers, etc... the list goes on and on.

Tikkanese

Dec 6, 2006
New York
I agree with all the current/former STHs who are complaining it's not fun anymore. I've had my tickets for 11 years now, and between the higher costs and worse atmosphere (not to mention the renovations, which I do not really think were a net benefit), it's becoming increasingly hard to justify. I think they really miscalculated what the renovation would do for the organization and now they're heading toward a downward spiral of jacking up ticket prices to recoup the renovation costs and contrinuing to drive buyers away. If the Rangers miss the playoffs, I can only imagine what will happen to the STH base.

NYRangers88

Section 208 Row 15
Aug 7, 2007
Long Island, NY
I agree with all the current/former STHs who are complaining it's not fun anymore. I've had my tickets for 11 years now, and between the higher costs and worse atmosphere (not to mention the renovations, which I do not really think were a net benefit), it's becoming increasingly hard to justify. I think they really miscalculated what the renovation would do for the organization and now they're heading toward a downward spiral of jacking up ticket prices to recoup the renovation costs and contrinuing to drive buyers away. If the Rangers miss the playoffs, I can only imagine what will happen to the STH base.

The STH base will always be there. If I give up my 50.00 seats next year, there are probably thousands of people who will gobble them up in a second.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
4% means my 6000 season tickets go to 6240. Can't really complain, the team is competitive, they've made a huge investment in the building even though some don't like it, they brought in Nash. I still wont have to buy pre-season games, that will save me somewhere around $450.00. There is demand for these tickets and the Rangers recognize this. Has anyone has any difficulty selling $73-$78 games for profit this year? Will that change when it is $76-$82? Last year, my tickets went from $59 to $73 each, thats 24%. I'll be happy if its only a 4% increase. If the money becomes an issue, I'll just go to less games.

Devil is in the detail. Everyone knows the lower bowl is over extended, so let's say 75% of ticket revenue is in the lower bowl. If they hold those prices constant, that means a 4% average increase could really mean a 12% increase for you (+$720)

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Devil is in the detail. Everyone knows the lower bowl is over extended, so let's say 75% of ticket revenue is in the lower bowl. If they hold those prices constant, that means a 4% average increase could really mean a 12% increase for you (+$720)

Yup, they know the upper bowl seats are still selling well on the secondary market. I'm expecting my 50 dollar seats to go to 55-56.

MessierIsGod

Oct 2, 2010

Bingo! I expect the same. They will close the price gap between lower and upper bowls. They will close the gap between row 1 and row 2. They have data on what price points are selling above face on the secondary market and will raise prices to transfer that wealth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad