Ticket Exchange 2013-14

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockey-brent

Sep 1, 2006
Winnipeg
104 sets of tickets available on SeatExchange for tomorrow's game.

As a Waiting List member all I have to say is "Wow, opening things up to the General Public is sure working wonders!" :shakehead

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg

As a Waiting List member all I have to say is "Wow, opening things up to the General Public is sure working wonders!" :shakehead

Couldn't an argument be made it would be worse with an even smaller pool to sell to?
Not sure what you're getting at.
Clearly it's not cause waitlist members to miss out, and it's allowing nonwaitlist people a chance to get tickets.

hockey-brent

Sep 1, 2006
Winnipeg
Couldn't an argument be made it would be worse with an even smaller pool to sell to?
Not sure what you're getting at.
Clearly it's not cause waitlist members to miss out, and it's allowing nonwaitlist people a chance to get tickets.

Number of people on Waiting List ticked off about the drastic change > Number of those after tickets who couldn't get them previously on SE and are now doing so

Of course it's early, I'm just bitter than they essentially changed the contract mid-year.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I'm not going to jump on it too hard at this point, since I doubt most people are aware that SeatExchange is completely opened up again. It'll take a little time on that end.

I do think though that TNSE has hit the tipping point in terms of pricing. Most of the novelty and some of the excitement will have worn off now that we're in year three. So yeah, face value +++ all the other fees and people are probably blanching at the costs of seats. When the "good" seats (P1/P2) are running you $300-400 or more per pair, that's awfully steep. Blues/Avs aren't big draws for many. Folks will pay that to see Habs/Bruins/Leafs/Pens, not so much for next tier, even though the Blues are likely better than all of those teams.

sting13

Jul 30, 2011

I would say that most people have no idea Seat Exchange is open. Unless you visit
the forums it has not been advertised that the public can buy.

Plus it is very cold out and close to Christmas.

1430MaroonsRoad

Sep 14, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
I would say that most people have no idea Seat Exchange is open. Unless you visit

They sent out another blast email to everyone on their mailing list this evening about SeatExchange now being open to the General Public. That ought to get a few more tickets moving.

As a Wait List member, I'm ok with the move because I could see how many tickets were being unsold, even for marquee games like Montreal and Chicago. It only makes sense.

I would be even happier if we had an exclusive window to purchase tickets posted for sale, but maybe if we make enough noise we can get something like that.

Last year, when SeatExchange was open to the General Public, and fewer tickets were posted compared to this year, I still had no problem finding pairs to games like Toronto, Pittsburgh, Montreal, and so on. I don't think I'll have a problem securing the tickets I want going forward anyway.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I've got 2 tickets available for each of the games on the 10th and the 12th, section 329. I'll sell them for 10% off face value and I'll deliver them to you (within reason, I'm not driving to Brandon :laugh:). Send me a PM if you're interested.

Edit: The tickets for the 12th are sold. Still have the ones for tomorrow if anyone wants them.

Last edited:

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat

Small sidebar in the Sun this morning about it being wide open so word is starting to get out.

Intrepid

Jun 27, 2011
I'd really like to be able to purchase a pair of tickets for the Canucks@Jets game on Friday, Jan 31.

It would be my first Jets 2.0 game and my 6 year old son's first NHL game! We live in Swan River (5 hours north of Wpg) so we don't often get to the city, but we are in town for that weekend.

Stoked that the Seat Exchange is open to public again!

1430MaroonsRoad

Sep 14, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
I'd really like to be able to purchase a pair of tickets for the Canucks@Jets game on Friday, Jan 31.

It would be my first Jets 2.0 game and my 6 year old son's first NHL game! We live in Swan River (5 hours north of Wpg) so we don't often get to the city, but we are in town for that weekend.

Stoked that the Seat Exchange is open to public again!

You won't have problems finding tickets to that game as the date draws closer on SeatExchange.

Just keep checking frequently sometime in mid-January.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
You won't have problems finding tickets to that game as the date draws closer on SeatExchange.

Just keep checking frequently sometime in mid-January.

Not necessarily for that particular game. It'll be Vancouver's first game in Winnipeg. I have tickets to that game and there is no way I'm giving them up. Only reason my aunt gave them to me is because it's my moms 50th birthday.

1430MaroonsRoad

Sep 14, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Not necessarily for that particular game. It'll be Vancouver's first game in Winnipeg. I have tickets to that game and there is no way I'm giving them up. Only reason my aunt gave them to me is because it's my moms 50th birthday.

I'm thinking back to how many tickets were available for Detroit on SeatExchange, or even Chicago's first visit.

I bet Vancouver will be similar.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
I'm thinking back to how many tickets were available for Detroit on SeatExchange, or even Chicago's first visit.

I bet Vancouver will be similar.

I think it'll be a little different. This city has a tie with Vancouver from the Moose and there are a lot of Vancouver fans here or was. There are a lot of players still on the Canucks that people followed when they were Moose. And it's a Canadian team.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Anyone interested in trading games? I have 2 P3's for this Saturday's game but can't make it; would be open to any other game if the seats are in the lower bowl.

GoJetsGo8

Sep 20, 2011
Hey everyone, I have my pair in 316 available tonight if anyone wants. PM if interested!

pegjets

Oh Canada
Apr 4, 2013
Travelling this month, so just posted the follow P7 section 329 row 7 tickets to SeatExchange:

December 12th (Avalanche)
December 20th (Panthers)
December 31st (Sabres)

Edit - They've been scooped up now

Last edited:

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Anyone interested in trading games? I have 2 P3's for this Saturday's game but can't make it; would be open to any other game if the seats are in the lower bowl.

Will sell at face value $137 or offers if no one wants to trade.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Travelling this month, so just posted the follow P7 section 329 row 7 tickets to SeatExchange:

December 12th (Avalanche)
December 20th (Panthers)
December 31st (Sabres)

Edit - They've been scooped up now

I've noticed p7's and p6's sell quite fast. Makes me wonder if TN isn't just pricing themselves out of a bit of the market.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
I won't ever buy another ticket off seat exchange. The fees are Pejorative Slured. I bought both my game against Boston and SJ and it's stupid. $30 in fees to transfer something online. Really?

This is why I'm glad I know ST holders who I can just pay via paypal and they can forward me the tickets to my Jets account.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
I won't ever buy another ticket off seat exchange. The fees are Pejorative Slured. I bought both my game against Boston and SJ and it's stupid. $30 in fees to transfer something online. Really?

This is why I'm glad I know ST holders who I can just pay via paypal and they can forward me the tickets to my Jets account.

Yea, I'd never use seatexchange. I've already seen 4 games this year just by lurking in this thread, paying an extra 40$ just isn't going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad