Ticket Buying/Selling & Ticket Questions *Read Post 289*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Czerk

Feb 13, 2007
Riverview
I know people are upset about the scalping, but for myself, I'm a STH and pay 10k for 2 club level seats hoping they make it to the cup.....

Unfortunately I'm in Boston on a business trip and sons graduation until 6/8. I'm missing game one and game two. I am not shy in saying I'm going to maximize the amount I sell the tickets for.... Already sold game 2 for 1000.00 per ticket... Just listed on stubhub for game 1, which does suck because they take 10% from me and add 15% to buyer...I then raised my fee to cover my 10%...

Anyway, they are up for sale there, only at 700 each (plus their fees)

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
I know people are upset about the scalping, but for myself, I'm a STH and pay 10k for 2 club level seats hoping they make it to the cup.....

Unfortunately I'm in Boston on a business trip and sons graduation until 6/8. I'm missing game one and game two. I am not shy in saying I'm going to maximize the amount I sell the tickets for.... Already sold game 2 for 1000.00 per ticket...
Just listed on stubhub for game 1, which does suck because they take 10% from me and add 15% to buyer...I then raised my fee to cover my 10%...

Anyway, they are up for sale there, only at 700 each (plus their fees)

Annnddddddd that's where my hopes and dreams were smashed.

Good luck, man! Hope you make some money :yo:

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Any STM looking to sell their tickets? I will pay premium. I don't trust CL.

CL is the best way to buy high-demand tickets...you just have to get lucky that someone can't go last minute, has hard tickets, is willing to sell close to face value, and hasn't been contacted yet.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
I tried to pick up some extras during STM presale for friends. No dice. ALL the tickets were sold out long before we even know Chicago was our opponent. They sold out in a matter of minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
Pssh, I picked Tampa in 6 before the series, I stick by it. Gotta lose two to win in six. The ultimate would be a slight price drop after goofballing one away last night and then zip-zip, four straight wins with me (and I'm sure some of yous) in attendance.

gobolts91

May 31, 2015
Making the trip down from Toronto for game #2. Would I be able to find a cheap ticket looking for a scalper at the game, or am I better off grabbing something off stubhub beforehand?

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
Making the trip down from Toronto for game #2. Would I be able to find a cheap ticket looking for a scalper at the game, or am I better off grabbing something off stubhub beforehand?

I know for a fact scalpers were selling singles for about face at puck drop. I paid about 350 per on Weds night for 300s.

gobolts91

May 31, 2015
Thanks for the heads up guys. Think I'll just grab something now then. Never been to Amalie arena before. Where would be the best area to sit without getting too crazy in price?

Be careful, though. There are some scammers out there and folks apparently were getting hosed at game 1.

:shakehead

MrClutch86

Aug 23, 2013
Tampa
Thanks for the heads up guys. Think I'll just grab something now then. Never been to Amalie arena before. Where would be the best area to sit without getting too crazy in price?

center of the 300 level, on both sides. I also try to stay between rows A-L on the 301 side, and on the 316 side, you may want to get a closer row

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

Surprised this hasn't hit the main forum yet. Here's a longer article:

http://www.tampabay.com/news/tampa-...ng-strong-arming-him-over-his-stanley/2232539

Apparently, this guy wasn't just any STH. He's got tickets behind the Lightning bench, and was honored as a "Hero of the Game" for serving in the military. Not only that, but for the SCF, he wasn't reselling the tickets on StubHub. He was reselling them via TM/TM+/TicketsNow/WhateverIt'sCalled, which is the OFFICIAL resale venue of the NHL and Tampa Bay Lightning.

I also always assumed that the TM resale was restricted to Florida ZIP Codes - again, it's their OFFICIAL resale. They even have the "no opposing colors" notice right there. Right now, I see at least 18 pairs of tickets for tonight's game up for resale on the official site that I'd consider "TV-camera" seats. This guy should be able to sell his seats, whether he's in Kentucky, Afghanastan, or just sitting on his couch in Tampa.

For crying out loud, there is ALWAYS going to be a crowd of opposing jerseys, especially for the SCF, but even in the early rounds. Don't think I didn't notice a lot of bleu-blanc-et-rouge invading my beloved Garden last year.

I do have sympathy for Tampa, and want to see the Tampa Bay market grow. I don't even mind the "no opposing colors" and the "FL residents only" restrictions - you guys should definitely get first crack at the tickets. But the management throwing a temper tantrum at every little indignity is absolutely nuts. Plus, I'm not a STH (yet), but I know that several STHs in Boston would willingly take an economic hit in the regular season because of the potential to break even by selling playoff tickets.

I just hope they right this wrong for the guy involved.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club

Community hero turned scalper is angry he can't sell his cup tickets for 2k each after being offered other tickets/refunds/etc... "i'm an army captain!"

Also, consider this - as smart as the club has been in controlling PR int he area, you think they'd just try to **** over a military member because "a hawks fan sat there!" and go through all this? I don't think so.

Last edited:

WhoozYerrDaddy

May 5, 2004
OK....quick question....

Flying into Tampa Sat afternoon. What is the easiest way to get from the airport to Amalie ?? And about how long should it take ?

Rent a car ?

Get a cab ??

How easy is it to get in/out of the joint ??

Go Lightning !!!

nutznboltz

Aug 17, 2011
Depending on traffic at the time, it should take only about 15-30 minutes tops to get from the airport to Amalie. Car rental would probably be best, head out of the airport and follow signs for 275 North/I4/Downtown Tampa and follow the signs for the exit downtown for the arena (either Ashley Street or Scott Street is your best bet). I usually park on Morgan Street at a public lot and walk about 15 minutes to the arena. Once the game ends, traffic patterns should funnel you back to the interstate, then depends where you are staying overnight where to go next.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
I know it's a long shot but figured I'd put this here.

I'm looking for 3 tickets ( would consider 4 if wanting to not separate) for the game on Saturday. Would like to pay up to $350 per. Don't care at all where the seats are.

Yep, full on Hail Mary.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
I know it's a long shot but figured I'd put this here.

I'm looking for 3 tickets ( would consider 4 if wanting to not separate) for the game on Saturday. Would like to pay up to $350 per. Don't care at all where the seats are.

Yep, full on Hail Mary.

Stubhub has tickets in that range and below.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I may be down in Tampa in October. Does anybody know when tickets will be available and whether there's even a chance to get my hands on tickets for the season opener on Oct 8?

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
There should be a chance. Season openers don't sell out instantly like playoff games. Single game tickets usually start going on sale in September I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad