Ticket Buying/Selling & Ticket Questions *Read Post 289*

Status
Not open for further replies.

icejolt18

Apr 10, 2014
Hello, 3 of us are coming into Tampa for the Devils game on Thursday.

Are there scalpers outside the rink (is it legal in Tampa?)?

How much do Chase Club tickets normally go for?

Thanks in advance.

Go Bolts!

MrClutch86

Aug 23, 2013
Tampa

Thanks in advance.

Go Bolts!

Yes to the bolded. You will see plenty.

Chase Club I have no idea

Florida Ranger

Bring back Torts!
Sep 2, 2008
Wesley Chapel, FL
Face value tickets for the first round seem to be similar prices to the regular season. Obviously they'll go up each round.

What did the tickets look like in 2011 in the ECF??

LHHFMF

Mar 29, 2011
Tampa
Hello,

I'm looking to trade two tickets in Section 110 Row X + cash for four tickets located together.

I'm not picky on what game at this time, I just want to bring two others to a game with us.

Thank you

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
Quick question, do you guys think it would be cheaper to buy tickets in advance or get them from scalpers before the game?

LHHFMF

Mar 29, 2011
Tampa
I have two tickets for the Lightning - Canadiens Game 3 (Home Game 1) on Wednesday May 6th for sale.

The tickets are located in Terrace Center 330 Row T

I bought these during the STM presale for someone who has since backed out. I'm asking face value which is $88.90 per ticket, $178.80 total. I can accept PayPal and forward the tickets from Ticketmaster or meet before the game

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa

Thanks in advance.

Go Bolts!

Scalpers are "technically" legal, but there's no guarantee you're not getting screwed. Best option? Buy the tickets from the guys at the van directly across the arena. They have a legit full map/section guide (they're the only legit people I've found that are there every game).

Chase Club tickets during regular season go for $175-300. Playoffs are hard to find, although if you do it's usually $300+ a seat.

Quick question, do you guys think it would be cheaper to buy tickets in advance or get them from scalpers before the game?

300 level seats, they're usually cheaper. 100/200 you're paying a premium because you'll be hard pressed to find available seats around there (especially during the playoffs).

Blazephr

Jun 23, 2008
Vermont - NYC
Would I be playing with fire if we waited until game day (game 4) to find tickets outside the arena? Any info/suggestions would be awesome.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
The only tickets left on ticket master are resale. Is there a limit to how much you can resell tix for?

gobolts91

May 31, 2015
Hi everyone,

Long time Lightning fan from Toronto, Ontario. Looking to make my first trip to Tampa (and Florida in general) for Game #2 next Saturday. Is somebody able to give me some advice on where to stay, whether it be right in Tampa, or somewhere else. Also plan on making a little trip out of it, and looking for things to do. I plan on flying down and using your transportation system to get around.

Thanks,
Stephen

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Hi everyone,

Long time Lightning fan from Toronto, Ontario. Looking to make my first trip to Tampa (and Florida in general) for Game #2 next Saturday. Is somebody able to give me some advice on where to stay, whether it be right in Tampa, or somewhere else. Also plan on making a little trip out of it, and looking for things to do. I plan on flying down and using your transportation system to get around.

Thanks,
Stephen

Does Tampa have a transportation system now? Been awhile since I lived there?

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Hi everyone,

Thanks,
Stephen

Does Tampa have a transportation system now? Been awhile since I lived there?

Uber maybe, but IIRC there was some push by the cab companies to get it restricted somehow.

Gobolts91, you're probably just going to have to rent a car unless you're willing to shell out for cab fare during your stay.

I don't know much about HART, but generally speaking, Florida isn't friendly to people without cars.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Yes it's legal. Tickets were around 180 to start I believe.

wow i did not know that. So basically a bunch of people grab as many tix as they can then resell them on ticket master or wherever else they can, correct? Does ticket master at least put a limit on how much you can resale them on their site? I know i'm being ignorant here, but thats just plain wrong. I actually thought i'd be able to purchase a ticket at face value from the tampa bay lightning, i guess that was foolish of me.

Obviously

Dec 4, 2013
wow i did not know that. So basically a bunch of people grab as many tix as they can then resell them on ticket master or wherever else they can, correct? Does ticket master at least put a limit on how much you can resale them on their site? I know i'm being ignorant here, but thats just plain wrong. I actually thought i'd be able to purchase a ticket at face value from the tampa bay lightning, i guess that was foolish of me.

No, ticket master just taxes resales ridiculously, further driving the price up. Face value tickets to non STM went on sale at 11 and sold out at 11:04.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
No, ticket master just taxes resales ridiculously, further driving the price up. Face value tickets to non STM went on sale at 11 and sold out at 11:04.

Thats messed up, i'm shocked they would allow that.

just found this however
Florida State Statute 817.36: Resale of Tickets allows for private resale for no more than one dollar over the price offered by the original ticket seller.

Last edited:

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Hi everyone,

Thanks,
Stephen

Man, I love your town. Your choices are limited due to the Cup. You might luck up and get in at the Marriott Waterside is already booked for the week so it will be tough. You might try the Hilton Garden Inn in Ybor City where you can take the trolley to and from the game.

Otherwise, it's probably more fun to book a place on the beach and rent a car to go back and forth. You can forget getting any dinner reservations in the premium Tampa restaurants as the media has swooped in already along with the NHL bigwigs, and teams to scoop them up.

Fortunately we are cheaper than Chicago; I checked StubHub and our upper deck tickets were going for the high $300's and on the glass around $5000; in Chicago it was double.:amazed:

IMHO, take the beach route and if you're going to one or both games, leave early, party in Ybor and Channelside and have fun. We have a lot to offer in this area for food and fun.

Along with some pretty good hockey to watch.:D

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
And I just checked Ticketmaster; now upper nosebleed starts at $405! Yeah, this is going to be a hot ticket for this SCF. And rightly so. I feel sorry for the phone screeners at WDAE tomorrow.:amazed:

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
Thats messed up, i'm shocked they would allow that.

just found this however
Florida State Statute 817.36: Resale of Tickets allows for private resale for no more than one dollar over the price offered by the original ticket seller.

I think this law only pertains to small non-profit shows and events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->