Ticket/Attendance Discussion: The Sequel

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Can’t you just stand outside the arena and find someone selling tickets!?:D

Oddly enough I still see it happening in other cities. Saw it at a Blue Jays Twins game in Minneapolis 2 summers ago. At a Raptors game in Toronto 2 weeks ago and just this past weekend at the frozen 4 final in Saint Paul.

Reactions: ps241 and sipowicz

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I have stayed out of this thread most of the season but have been vocal in the past. When the season is over I will post some overall thoughts as a season ticket holder.

One quick comment on the ability to buy playoff tickets for seasons ticwt holders. It’s a pretty tangible benefit that TNSE is clearly trying to use as a carrot to attract season ticket holders. Tickets are scarce for the playoffs becauaae season ticket holder have most of them again.

There were waves of presales.
1. Full 16 game playoff run at season ticket holder prices. I bought an extra 2 packages.
2. 4 ticket max presale at prices a bit higher than the 16 game full commitment. Bought my 4 ticket max for games 1 and 2.
3. Presale for share partners and other ticketing groups.
4: general onsale. Tickets at sky high prices. $89 tickets now $257. My regular seats are $189 for the 1st round now $390 for the general public.

Of note- the Jets still have season tickets available for next season with playoff tickets for this year. Could be good way in the door for some people.

With family and friends I have 10 tickets to game 1. Nice season ticket holder perk.

KibbleandBlitz

Apr 5, 2024
these playoffs if jets go on deep run will hurt city like 2018. nobody had cash left for summer.

prices are crazy high for r1

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
I had to sell my game 2 tickets (on ticketmaster) and the confirmation email stated a date of Tuesday April 23rd with time TBD. This suggests game 1 on Sunday.

We shall see.

Last edited:

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Could be, but I hope not. Then I will have to sell my game 1 tickets due to work conflicts. Oh no!

Glad to hear you were able to pick up a pair.
Sunday will work better for me too! Lol

Hopefully we will both be at game 1! I’ll also be in upper deck.

My son has only been to post Covid jets games - lower bowl.

I feel like his first playoff game is gonna be like the scene when Batman returns in dark knight rises. With the vet cop and the rookie cop.

“What was that?”
“Boy, you are in for a show tonite son”.

He has no idea what he’s about to experience comparatively.

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
Sunday will work better for me too! Lol

Hopefully we will both be at game 1! I’ll also be in upper deck.

My son has only been to post Covid jets games - lower bowl.

I feel like his first playoff game is gonna be like the scene when Batman returns in dark knight rises. With the vet cop and the rookie cop.

“What was that?”
“Boy, you are in for a show tonite son”.

He has no idea what he’s about to experience comparatively.

I find the whiteout makes the game an absolutely electric experience!
I wish every Jet fan could experience it live at least once.

Last edited:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
So assuming the Jets don’t get swept, we should be able to count on 3 sold out home playoff games.
45000 tickets at inflated prices. Should pretty much make up for any attendance woes all year. 1500 seats x 41 games.= 61500 tickets
I believe the NHL takes 35% of playoff ticket revenue, but yes, a few home games would help the bottom line a lot. ~$1.5M per game? Plus merch, plus concessions...the average spend for those would be up as well. I think you'd need maybe 5 home games to cover a 13k avg regular season.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Got me some season tickets a few weeks back . When you divide the 44 games times the total price it is a heck of a lot cheaper than when I buy them individually on ticket master . If Jets are good again next year which it looks like we could I will save at least 40 dollars per tick .

Add into that that I will sell the Montreal and Toronto tickets ( it saves me from getting in a fight ) at 2x value value and the price drops further .

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I find the whiteout makes the game an absolutely electric experience!
I wish every Jet fan could experience it live at least once.
Agreed. I’m going to game 1 and know what the atmosphere in the arena is like. Electrifying is a good description. Being at past whiteout games are some of some of my best sports memories. And this goes back to the 1.0 days.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So I picked up tickets on Fan First and everything seems ok. The one issue is they sent me a link to the tickets and I have access and can see the seat numbers and a bar code etc but I can't download it to my apple wallet. The folks at fan first said it has a rotating bar code that changes from time to time so I am just suppose to keep the link then access it on my phone at the gate on game day and I will be good to go.

For those of you who have worked with fan first tickets has this been your experience?

pegcity

Feb 9, 2011
Winnipeg
I had to sell my game 2 tickets (on ticketmaster) and the confirmation email stated a date of Tuesday April 23rd with time TBD. This suggests game 1 on Sunday.

We shall see.
Based on how the East's schedule is:

Jets play Sunday at 6ish. Oilers/Canucks will play the last game saturday/sunday (not sure which will play saturday/sunday).

Dallas plays Saturday afternoon/evening.

Reactions: Upperdeckjet

pegcity

Feb 9, 2011
Winnipeg
Just an additional comment. It's really stupid to start the playoffs on the Saturday and not on the Friday. We are missing out on a Friday night game. Save the big games for the Saturday, if you must.

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
So I picked up tickets on Fan First and everything seems ok. The one issue is they sent me a link to the tickets and I have access and can see the seat numbers and a bar code etc but I can't download it to my apple wallet. The folks at fan first said it has a rotating bar code that changes from time to time so I am just suppose to keep the link then access it on my phone at the gate on game day and I will be good to go.

For those of you who have worked with fan first tickets has this been your experience?
Are the playoff tickets even transferable yet? I haven't checked my own account.

Edit: apparently they are! When you say they sent you a link, do you mean it was a ticket transfer request that you had to accept? They should be in your account now and give you an option to save them to your Apple wallet if you login from your phone. Unless that option isn't available until the date is locked down?

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Just an additional comment. It's really stupid to start the playoffs on the Saturday and not on the Friday. We are missing out on a Friday night game. Save the big games for the Saturday, if you must.
As in tomorrow night?

Sure, let's make our forat playoff game the 2nd half of a back to back. Way less stupid

Reactions: wraithsonwings

wasup

Mar 21, 2018

Ya it was different than ticket master but has worked just fine for me in the past including this year

Reactions: ps241

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I believe the NHL takes 35% of playoff ticket revenue, but yes, a few home games would help the bottom line a lot. ~$1.5M per game? Plus merch, plus concessions...the average spend for those would be up as well. I think you'd need maybe 5 home games to cover a 13k avg regular season.
NHL takes 70% is what I was told. I figured the gate was around $3.5 million and we kept one million-ish.

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011

Just to share my experience, I have a Samsung android and I move the tickets to google wallet from my "TN Ticket Central" account, which is administered by ticketmaster. Fansfirst would have first send the tickets to the TN Ticket Central" account.

If I can allay any concerns, I can tell you I've used fansfirst at least 20 times over past 3 or 4 years. There have been times where I neglected to move the tickets to my wallet and simply presented the original barcodes.

Reactions: ps241

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada

This issue isn’t just a Fans First Issue it’s apparently an Apple wallet issue. This has happened to me and my group all season when we have bought additional tickets directly from the Jets and tried to transfer them to friends. The tickets will not load into the wallet either at all or properly. After speaking with ticketmaster they said just don’t put them in your wallet. We never had any issues getting into the game.

This is exactly what ticketmaster said
“ They (ticket master) said it was an Apple phone problem. They said not to put them in the wallet but to transfer or save them in my Jets account.”
Hope this helps

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad