abax44

Jan 22, 2005

Attachments

• hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 2

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
If the Jets finish 2nd, first home game will be on Saturday?

If they finish behind Colorado and Dallas, first home game will be on Wednesday/Thursday? 2nd Will be on Friday/Saturday?

If they get home ice. It will be Sunday to Tuesday for first game.

This was discussed on NHL radio a week or so ago. They didn't know for sure but they believed that Toronto would start in Florida on Saturday since they end the season there on Wednesday anyway, and the rule of two Canadian teams would likely have Vancouver start the late game on Saturday, meaning likely Sunday for the Jets or even Monday. Colorado is on the road on the 18th so it's unlikely they start at home, if they do, on the Saturday.

Reactions: Mad Dog Tannen

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
This was discussed on NHL radio a week or so ago. They didn't know for sure but they believed that Toronto would start in Florida on Saturday since they end the season there on Wednesday anyway, and the rule of two Canadian teams would likely have Vancouver start the late game on Saturday, meaning likely Sunday for the Jets or even Monday. Colorado is on the road on the 18th so it's unlikely they start at home, if they do, on the Saturday.
Yeah. Realistically it’s Sunday or Monday. I threw in the Tuesday just incase Colorado has home ice and the arena is booked.

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
Playoffs are the last bastion for STHs selling extra tickets at a markup.

I do remember back in the 2018 playoff run, tickets became easier to get as the Jets went into the third round... more STHs were putting tickets up on the resale market as it went along. So there is hope for availability if the Jets can last a couple of rounds... it's just that fans will have to dig deep for tickets.
Yes, that is the truth. The law of supply and demand is pretty simple and I don't fault those who can finally make it work for them.

I will attempt to go to all the games, but its good to know that when life gets in the way and I have to move some tickets, I won't have to take a complete bath while trying to support the team.

Last edited:

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
This is a total shocker with him stating the obvious from that older "news" story.

The ghouls who get their rocks off by wanting sports teams to move won't like or accept his clarification here.

I wouldn't describe people who want sports teams to move as "ghouls", as I recall there was an awful lot of people like that in Winnipeg in the five or six years leading up to the return of the Jets. But I would say that this article definitively bursts the balloon of anyone in Atlanta, Albuquerque or wherever that was salivating over the opportunity to get their hands on the Jets.

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
Checked the ticket map this morning. Looks like other than a few singles and resale tickets, the pickings are slim for the entire first round.

Reactions: TommyKillian

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Any advice on how to purchase off the resale market for the 1st game? It’s been a while for me lol.

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
I
Any advice on how to purchase off the resale market for the 1st game? It’s been a while for me lol.
I've bought tickets from fansfirst.ca three or four times during the regular season this year and have always been satisfied.

It looks like seat selection is better off ticketmaster. The fees raise my blood pressure a little bit, but it comes down to where you want to sit and your price point.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Don't forget gametime

I

I've bought tickets from fansfirst.ca three or four times during the regular season this year and have always been satisfied.

It looks like seat selection is better off ticketmaster. The fees raise my blood pressure a little bit, but it comes down to where you want to sit and your price point.

Good Luck!

Ticketmaster has verified resale tickets, but FansFirst would be my first stop.

Thank you all very much!

Reactions: Upperdeckjet

pegcity

Feb 9, 2011
Winnipeg
Game 1 is probably Monday (according to Winnipeg Sports Talk)

I was waiting for the schedule to be leaked before purchasing tickets. Looks like I waited to long.

Based on history, the longer the run, the easier it is to find tickets.

Reactions: jetsmooseice

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I am so fortunate to be part of a season ticket group. I am paying $140 for my p5 seat in round 1. I noticed the cheapest pair of tickets on Ticketmaster is $350 each in the upper deck. Wow!
Its funny how fast the perception of a fan base can turn around. We went from a summer of doom and gloom with ST holders abandoning ship, through a season of rising expectations but with still low attendance numbers, to a city ready to pop with playoff excitement with playoff tickets scarce and very expensive. Chipman has got to love that turn around.

Habitat

Mar 8, 2010
Winnipeg
Any idea why the raise in prices on ticketmaster tickets? Not verified resales either. There were <$200 tickets yesterday at 10 AM and they all seem to be >$260 now what gives?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Any idea why the raise in prices on ticketmaster tickets? Not verified resales either. There were <$200 tickets yesterday at 10 AM and they all seem to be >$260 now what gives?
My guess is because tickets went on sale to the general public, who didn't have an early purchase option at 10:00 AM yesterday

Reactions: RestlessYoungZero

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad