Pre-Game Talk: Thursday Nov. 7th 19H00: Philly @ Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Listen, i'm no genius or anything but i think i can help Clod. How about dropoing leky and byron ?
E.I

Cousins Poehling Suzuki
Leky Thompson Byron

At least try it, worst that can happen is a little offensive flashes instead of .. nothing

LOL I was sure you meant drop them like altogether, :laugh:

Reactions: Runner77

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
This is a must win game. Seriously, some teams below (Pit, TB) are gonna start to light it up. I think Philadelphia could be included. They were pretty darn good at the end of last season. And they have made some moves and maybe getting use to a new system. Even New Jersey, for as poorly as they started, are not that far off - they just haven't played as many games. IDK about Columbus, I think they maybe just suck. LOL

And then who is going to come back down to earth. Just kidding. Not a must win but important nonetheless.

Reactions: Runner77 and Rapala

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Indeed, they are definitely the worst fans of any football team as well (those poor Minnesotans being peed on by the Eagles fans). Don't follow basket or baseball so I don't know how the Phillies or 76ers fans are?

I remember reading an article about how quebec licensed cars got vandalized in the parking lot. I also recall Francois Gagnon having a run in with some fans but apparently he was drunk so there is that.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

K2MyEverest

Nov 27, 2010
Montreal
Should be a tough game. It was emotional against Boston and I'm afraid they won't show up tonight especially that is a road game.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I think Poehling will have a better game than he did against boston, and I thought he was solid. I think he'll have an easier time as Philly is not Boston, and I think he won't have to play as defensive as well. I think he should stay up, since some of our other forwards have not been better than him, and IMO I think he's physically and mentally mature enough to learn in the NHL without detriment. His comments on how the AHL is not as structured is very accurate.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Should be a tough game. It was emotional against Boston and I'm afraid they won't show up tonight especially that is a road game.
But I think there are quite a few players who will want to come out and win.

Price - Played bad last game, definitely will be fired up. He likes to bounce back and he could steal a W.

Byron - He finally scored and he's going to want to take advantage of having Poehling's size and skill creating space for him.

Poehling - This guy does not want to go back to the AHL. He's playing for a job

Tatar - sitting on 299 career points

And then factor in gallagher who comes to play every game, Domi who is close to Gallagher in that regard, and I'm not as convinced that they'll be a letdown emotionally. I could be wrong, but I just think there are enough guys to pull the team with them into playing a good game.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This is a must win game. Seriously, some teams below (Pit, TB) are gonna start to light it up. I think Philadelphia could be included. They were pretty darn good at the end of last season. And they have made some moves and maybe getting use to a new system. Even New Jersey, for as poorly as they started, are not that far off - they just haven't played as many games. IDK about Columbus, I think they maybe just suck. LOL

And then who is going to come back down to earth. Just kidding. Not a must win but important nonetheless.

Nice catch and release, lol. I'm sure several posters were loading up as soon as they saw your "must win game" comment. :laugh:

Reactions: swimmer77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Wonder if Habs are going to do some kind of tribute for Michael Therrien. Standing O! Flowers and tears.

Bank on it. If they did it for a hated rival like Chara, MB won't even think twice to get something put up for his best bud MT.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Game is in Philly , no?

But they will eventually.
Oh... for some reason I thought it was a home game. They still could though :)
Each play can skate by the Flyers bench and bow down to the Great Michael Therrien

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Can someone please close this thread? GDT is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad