Not open for further replies.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
This game I have no beat on.

Vs. Good/great teams? We win.

Vs. Bad/terrible teams? We lose.

Vs. Middle of the pack teams? To be continued I guess.

I suppose Arizona can be considered middle of the pack (even though they've been good/great) and we beat them. Hopefully a similar result.

Reactions: Victorius

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
When KK's back, it will be really tough to take one of Cousins, Thompson, Byron, or Lehkonen out of the lineup.

Have no idea what CJ will do.
If I can venture a guess I'd say KK will sit until one of these 4 that you mentioned gets injured.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I suppose Arizona can be considered middle of the pack (even though they've been good/great) and we beat them. Hopefully a similar result.

Last year we absolutely crushed Philly with our speed. They could barely touch the puck for long stretches. If memory serves me correctly, they did manage to win 1 of the 3 games - but even in that game we outshot and out chanced them.

I think they've addressed that though.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Last year we absolutely crushed Philly with our speed. They could barely touch the puck for long stretches. If memory serves me correctly, they did manage to win 1 of the 3 games - but even in that game we outshot and out chanced them.

I think they've addressed that though.
They have some youth coming in to compliment their skill.

It'll all come down to who they play in nets I think. I haven't watched them this year but I did pick Carter Hart in fantasy and he was killing me for the first couple of weeks. But if I recall, he won that game for them last year against us...

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Possible let down after very intense, emotional win against Boston?

Former Flyer Christian Folin could make it back into the line up, it’s hard to predict what Clode will do.

One thing is very clear, special teams need improving or there will be no playoffs

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019

Former Flyer Christian Folin could make it back into the line up, it’s hard to predict what Clode will do.

One thing is very clear, special teams need improving or there will be no playoffs

Yes... PP looked totally dreadful (last year dreadful) for the last couple of games at least. OTher teams probably watched some videos. Cousin on PP doesn't help.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I disagree about the Habs only chance being the WC.

I'm not saying they will finish top 3 in the division or even make the playoffs, but IMO the Atlantic is very even.

I don't see any team head and shoulders above the rest (excluding Ottawa and Detroit).

Boston's had a very good start but Pastrnak and Marchand aren't going to finish the season with 160 points. They go on a cold streak and the Bruins won't be winning many games.

Sabres have fallen back to Earth after their fast start and the Leafs and Lightning have some internal/systemic issues IMO.

Florida is right there aswell and they've got a solid team.

Wouldn't surprise me to see any of the top 6 teams right now finish in the top 3 or miss the playoffs.

At least 1, probably 2 is going to miss the playoffs because that's how the system works.

The Lightning are doggin' it and have played nine road games don't think we are going finish ahead of them because we won't. Buffalo still have to prove they have the goal tending I agree. Toronto could flop as well but Florida Tampa and Boston all have teams I don't think we can't compete with regardless of what Toronto and Buffalo do. I see some very steep odds us finishing third in our division.

Reactions: habsfan891

Jul 6, 2016

Right. That's the trend. What does it say about the Habs as a team ? Habs have lost their 5 games vs teams with equal or worst records than them.

Jul 6, 2016

Nashville PP was worse than Habs one last season.... And they made the Playoffs easily.

Jul 6, 2016

I am expecting Kulak back in the line up.

Reactions: Tyson

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Nashville PP was worse than Habs one last season.... And they made the Playoffs easily.

Habs would have made the playoffs easily if they were in the western too.

Right. That's the trend. What does it say about the Habs as a team ? Habs have lost their 5 games vs teams with equal or worst records than them.

It's a good thing if we end up making the playoffs.

Jul 6, 2016
Habs would have made the playoffs easily if they were in the western too.

It's a good thing if we end up making the playoffs.

They need to get more points vs the weaker ones if they don't want to spend the whole season yo-yo-ing between the 10th and 7th place of the Conference. If they can play well and win vs teams which got more points than them, I don't see the reason why they would not do better vs the teams below them in the standings.

Habs have lost two important games vs bottom feeders in their own building: vs the Wings and Sharks.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
Get to the playoffs healthy and anything can happen! That's my take at least...

Jul 6, 2016
Tatar Domi Gally
Drouin KK Armia
Poehling Danault Suzuki
Cousins Thomy Byron

Danault is the best shutdown centerman to play against the opponent's top lines.... Third line duties for him would be a HUGE mistake. And KK is far from being ready to assume more minutes.

Reactions: Habs Icing

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017

I heard that some of our players are saying that they're pumped generally against the big teams. That's not the mindset I'm rooting for... Each game has its own importance...

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
Tatar Domi Gally
Drouin KK Armia
Poehling Danault Suzuki
Cousins Thomy Byron

1. KK not playing in the top 6; has regressed if anything from rookie year.
2. Poehling played center in college, center in the AHL and center in his only 2 games in the NHL. He's not playing wing now.

Right now, the only center not playing well enough is KK, but you want to build the kid's confidence not pull him down.

As painful as it is, you send Poehling back down (not that I want this) and keep feeding him top line minutes for his eventual PERMANENT arrival into the show. He will replace Thompson next year

90 --- 24--- 11
92 ----13---14
62----15----40 (Finn Incorporated)
21-----44---41
25 -- back to Laval; keep working hard!

6 --- 8 (looked good together, yes they lack mobility but can pick their spots)
25 --- 53 (looked really good together last night against Boston; Claude please continue the experiment) --- our #1 D pairing?
20---17 (Klauk draws back in for Riley)

This lineup should fleece the Flyers :)

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Kotkaniemi should be healthy to play next game, so they prob send down Poehling. If we could somehow keep Poehling in the lineup, I would roll these lines

Drouin - Domi - Armia
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Suzuki
Byron - Poehling - Thompson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad