Pre-Game Talk: Thursday Nov. 7th 19H00: Philly @ Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
The return of the pants wearing, toe nail throwing, better person maker:
michel-therrien.png

Oh the french medias will be more annoying than usual in the next 48 hours.

Habs after 15 games:

- Tomas Tatar and Gallagher are leading the team with 13 points each
- Tatar has 4 points on the PP while Gallagher has none.
- Gallagher also lead the team with 57 shots, that's 15 more than any other Habs, ranked 8th in the NHL
- Gallagher also have 25 missed shots, that's 11 more than any Habs forward

- Cale Fleury is still the only Habs without a point so far
- Victor Mete is now +8, closest Habs to him are at +5
- Domi, Gallagher, Cousins and Thompson have not taken any minor penalties this season
- Nick Suzuki has been on the ice for 2 goals against, but 14 goals for, by far the best ratio on the team.
- Phillip Danault is now 44.3% for faceoffs on the Penalty Kill.

- Carey Price has a SV% of 92.4% at even strenght but 80.8% on the Penalty Kill.
- 720 minutes of play for Price which ranked him 5th in the NHL

- In the last 7 games, Habs PP is at 10.5%. ranked 24th in the NHL for that stretch (15th on the season)
- In the same time frame, the PK is at 63.1% ranked 31st in the NHL for that stretch (30th on the season)
- Still in the last 7 game, the faceoffs is at 46.9%, ranked 29th in the NHL (27th on the season)

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
This game is very important IMO. Philly is one of the teams we will need to stay ahead of if we hope to make the post season. I still believe our only chance is a wild card. The win against Boston will sour very quickly if we lose the next one. A regulation win for the Flyers will vault them over us in the conference. My guess is they know that.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
This game is very important IMO. Philly is one of the teams we will need to stay ahead of if we hope to make the post season. I still believe our only chance is a wild card. The win against Boston will sour very quickly if we lose the next one. A regulation win for the Flyers will vault them over us in the conference. My guess is they know that.

I disagree about the Habs only chance being the WC.

I'm not saying they will finish top 3 in the division or even make the playoffs, but IMO the Atlantic is very even.

I don't see any team head and shoulders above the rest (excluding Ottawa and Detroit).

Boston's had a very good start but Pastrnak and Marchand aren't going to finish the season with 160 points. They go on a cold streak and the Bruins won't be winning many games.

Sabres have fallen back to Earth after their fast start and the Leafs and Lightning have some internal/systemic issues IMO.

Florida is right there aswell and they've got a solid team.

Wouldn't surprise me to see any of the top 6 teams right now finish in the top 3 or miss the playoffs.

At least 1, probably 2 is going to miss the playoffs because that's how the system works.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

Habs definitely have to beat the Flyers,less than 2 points is unacceptable at this juncture. Habs should be going all out and had a stinker not too long ago,so should be good to go.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
I disagree about the Habs only chance being the WC.

I'm not saying they will finish top 3 in the division or even make the playoffs, but IMO the Atlantic is very even.

I don't see any team head and shoulders above the rest (excluding Ottawa and Detroit).

Boston's had a very good start but Pastrnak and Marchand aren't going to finish the season with 160 points. They go on a cold streak and the Bruins won't be winning many games.

Sabres have fallen back to Earth after their fast start and the Leafs and Lightning have some internal/systemic issues IMO.

Florida is right there aswell and they've got a solid team.

Wouldn't surprise me to see any of the top 6 teams right now finish in the top 3 or miss the playoffs.

At least 1, probably 2 is going to miss the playoffs because that's how the system works.

There are no nights off for any of these teams if they want to make the playoffs. The teams that make the playoffs will have done everything they can to earn it.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The return of the pants wearing, toe nail throwing, better person maker:
michel-therrien.png

Oh the french medias will be more annoying than usual in the next 48 hours.

Habs after 15 games:

- Tomas Tatar and Gallagher are leading the team with 13 points each
- Tatar has 4 points on the PP while Gallagher has none.
- Gallagher also lead the team with 57 shots, that's 15 more than any other Habs, ranked 8th in the NHL
- Gallagher also have 25 missed shots, that's 11 more than any Habs forward

- Cale Fleury is still the only Habs without a point so far
- Victor Mete is now +8, closest Habs to him are at +5
- Domi, Gallagher, Cousins and Thompson have not taken any minor penalties this season
- Nick Suzuki has been on the ice for 2 goals against, but 14 goals for, by far the best ratio on the team.
- Phillip Danault is now 44.3% for faceoffs on the Penalty Kill.

- Carey Price has a SV% of 92.4% at even strenght but 80.8% on the Penalty Kill.
- 720 minutes of play for Price which ranked him 5th in the NHL

- In the last 7 games, Habs PP is at 10.5%. ranked 24th in the NHL for that stretch (15th on the season)
- In the same time frame, the PK is at 63.1% ranked 31st in the NHL for that stretch (30th on the season)
- Still in the last 7 game, the faceoffs is at 46.9%, ranked 29th in the NHL (27th on the season)

Fleury and Poehling with no points ;)

Nice breakdown though! I like it

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019

Sounds like's a measuring stick game.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I expect the Flyers to be a strong team once Vignault's system sets in and they get some consistent goaltending. Let's hope it doesn't happen for some time.

Reactions: Devonator

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
So... seems like KK is back at practice with the team. How about a line of 3 centers... Poehling, Suzuki and KK... let's face it... 2 of them don't play center anyway. :)

It's definitsly going to be interesting to see what CJ will do, if Thompson is good to go.

If he's not, it looks like it will be:

Byron Poehling Lehkonen
Cousins Kotkaniemi Suzuki

Have wanted to see KK and Suzuki together for a while.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
It's definitsly going to be interesting to see what CJ will do, if Thompson is good to go.

If he's not, it looks like it will be:

Byron Poehling Lehkonen
Cousins Kotkaniemi Suzuki

Have wanted to see KK and Suzuki together for a while.
I thought RP and NS looked decent together last night... but of course it is a stretch to think that Clod will give them some time to gel.

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I thought RP and NS looked decent together last night... but of course it is a stretch to think that Clod will give them some time to gel.

Yes in the brief stints I've see KK-Suzuki and Poehling-Suzuki, both those duos have looked good together. Would love to see at least one of them. Would be even better to see the Poehling Kotkaniemi Suzuki trio.

I think Clode will have no choice once KK's back to at least have one of the duos.

We just have to be patient to see the new version of the EGG line. It may take an injury or two before we do.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
When KK's back, it will be really tough to take one of Cousins, Thompson, Byron, or Lehkonen out of the lineup.

Have no idea what CJ will do.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
We and them are quite the same type of team. So it gonna be a hotly contested game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad